Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 10-23-2012, 01:20 AM   #21
24seven
Starter

Member Number: 525

I don't even see how any of you can single out individual Steelers. The whole defense is failing in my opinion. We get no pressure on the quarterback therefore no sacks and the run game is damn near unstoppable. Our defensive backs are in dire straits as well. Play the blame game all you want our defense is sucking hind tit right now period.... Meanwhile Ben's been having his greatest year yet on offense. Sure he's had a few turnovers at times but his accuracy has impressed me many times thus far. But offense doesn't mean s*** if we can't even stop the other team. Overall this is probably the worst defense I've seen in the last 10 years.

Sent from my EVO using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
Old 10-23-2012, 01:38 AM   #22
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,678 Times in 1,647 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: I was watching Ziggy Hood Last night...

Hey guys, guess what? We won the other night!

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:41 AM   #23
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

When you see him "standing up getting no push", that's likely the scheme. Problem is, LeBeau is asking a guy 3" shorter with much shorter arms to do what Aaron Smith did - stand up, use both arms to hold off to OL, and still be able to shed blocks.

Hood is a different player. Short, penetrating one-gapper.

He'll never replace Aaron Smith. He could be a good player in a different scheme, but we won't see that as long as Mitchell and LeBeau are around. Hopefully that will be next year, as Tomlin has spent six years with Colbert picking talent that don't fit DL's schemes.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:24 AM   #24
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,337 Times in 2,902 Posts

This from Ed.B. of the P-G

It looked like Cinci ran right all night. Do they have an all pro right guard or tackle? Or do they think Ziggy is the weak link on the Steelers D line? I felt like Ziggy got pushed around most of the game.

ME: Did you stop watching after the Bengalsí first drive? Cincinnati ran for 49 yards on that series and they did run to their right on their final five plays, scoring a touchdown doing so. They ran for 49 yards on their opening drive. After that, they ran for only 31 yards the rest of the night. Also, Ziggy Hood was credited with deflecting two passes and was fourth on the team with four tackles. Iím not comparing Hood to Aaron Smith, but if youíre going to criticize, do so with the right facts because that may have been Hoodís best game so far.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...ises-to-qno-2q
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:35 AM   #25
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,870 Times in 936 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i see MUCH MORE stupid shit posted on this board.

who the hell was a "beast" in 2010? i certainly hope you dont mean hood after saying he cant play in this scheme.

the term "beast" is so cliche and over used, it has completely lost its intended meaning. people toss it around like nothing...

my grandma cooks a mean turkey for thanksgiving. she is "A BEAST"! :

the reason hood and others were "benched" is because young beastly studs such as mclendon, hood and heyward have proven incapable of providing the run stuffing dominance of even elder veterans such as hampton, smith and keisel (even von oelhoffen for that matter).

dont gimme this crap about being a better match for a different "scheme". all it takes is their beastly physicality and a few ounces of brains.

ben thinks he was a better match for arians scheme, but once he gets past the "rosetta stone" he will probably settle in to his most productive years.

while heyward is a perfect fit for our scheme, word in camp is that while he may be a "beast" his was a bit of a mental midget as well.
This is a BEAST of a post!!!!

Zeitler was probably the best run blocking O lineman taken in the NFL draft this year. Yes, I said it knowing DeCastro is on our roster. NFL scouts said it too.

Having a knee jerk reaction to Hood getting handled by Zeitler on one play is just plain dumb. I cant believe that some fans think the other team doesnt try to play vs the Steelers and never wins battles.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:56 AM   #26
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,823 Times in 1,837 Posts
My Mood: Fine

A. It is a known fact that the Steelers don't instill any type of fear like they have in the past

B. The division is not a sure thing like it used to be when the likes of Smith, Hampton, Keisel, Farrior, Porter, Troy, Ike, etc were all in their prime. We were flat out spoiled from 04-08, and then 10 was their last stand as a collective unit. We don't have a defense stacked with pro bowlers and all-pros anymore. We have a middle of the road unit with some aging stars and inexperienced players. Ryan Clark and Larry Foote are the shiny spots on a 3-3 team - what does that tell you? They absolutely have room to improve and get better - I've learned the expectations are too high for this year's version. It is what it is

C. Because of those deficiencies and the Ravens, Bengals and yes Browns have gained a little to a lot of talent, we're not going to win on talent and reputation alone anymore. If this team wants it, they better want it bad and show up 5000% every game. This is a group in transition and if the new group wants to be feared, they better start making a name by showing it on the field.

I'm not a believer that Tomlin has won with holdovers from the Cowher years. Just remember, we went through some pretty bad stuff from 1998 - 2000, and then again in 2003 (all under Cowher).

Overall, we won and saved the sinking ship for at least this week, but I'm gonna reserve judgement until after the next 4 games

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:30 PM   #27
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

First thing, our dlineman aren't asked to be beast. They are asked to occupy lineman so that our LBs can be stars and rack up stats. Ziggy is fine and to say that Hayward, in his 2nd year, isn't a star in waiting isn't accurate either. Fact is, no one knows yet and comparisons to Smith are crazy. He's widely regarded as one of the best 3-4 dt's to play the game. Let's see what happens this year and then talk.
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote