Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-06-2006, 10:38 PM   #21
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504
Default Re: If I were single.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by siss
Boys look...Im gunna give you some advice. Most of us girls don't mind if you watch football. For the most part we understand the obssession. My father loved football and he passed that on to his children. I always swore I would never hold it against my man if he watched football on sunday. He works hard and he should have that time to do as he wishes.
BUT...(you knew it was coming!)
We do want something in return. We want you to take us out and spend time with us. If we want to watch with you then we should be able to ask a question about what is going on and not made to feel stupid (at the commerical break or during the next game). We'll fetch your beers and drive your drunk ass too and from the bar (at least us cool chicks will). But please for the good of the relationship. Don't make us feel dumb if we have a question. Most relationships are based on give and take and for most couples this is one of them (your rolling your eyes right now...but some guys dont know that!).
I'll agree wit you but I will say it can be hard when someone (anyone) asks me a question durin a game and can't wait until the commercial break, and then if I do explain it to them they ask me a question on somethin that I just missed because I was explainin the other thing to her....

Basically it comes down to if I can find a girl that loves football (especially the Steelers) and cars as much as I do then I will be in heaven ...but then again I shouldn't be so picky wit my choice of girlfriends considerin my luck...

BuFu

"Who said they was all tough? They ain't so tough! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh style!" -Jerome Bettis #36 the BUS in 21-9 victory over Chicago Bears in 2005
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:50 AM   #22
Woogie
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2477

my husband truly lucked out. Not only am I a Steelers fan, and already was before we met (though I am the first to admit my knowledge of the game has increased dramatically), but he also taught me to play golf and I love it, too. He prefers to play with me vs. his friends.

Saturdays are full of Buckeye football, Sundays (or Monday or whenever) are Steelers in our house. We play golf three times a week in the summer and I like to watch it, too.

Oh, and I am cute, too! :)
Woogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:56 AM   #23
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by HburgXL06
someone (anyone) asks me a question durin a game and can't wait until the commercial break, and then if I do explain it to them they ask me a question on somethin that I just missed because I was explainin the other thing to her....
#1 pet peeve

...and if we lose..give me about an hour to get over it.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:58 AM   #24
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

First of all Hburgh.. the young people in our forum doesnt need the language you are using, so have a little respect for those people that doesnt want to see/hear that stuff.
I wish my wife would just get into watchin' with me and tryin' to understand the game just a little ya know...but maybe this season when we repeat she will start understanding why I love the Game So MUCH>>>
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:39 AM   #25
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

I dated a girl once who wasn't into sports at all, but she was willing to learn. I took her to a couple of baseball games and a hockey game, and she enjoyed them. She still isn't much of a sports or football fan, but she did watch the Super Bowl, and yes, she was rooting for the Steelers. There can always be some kind of compromise if your girl understands, but if not, there's always TiVO!
Old 08-07-2006, 11:28 AM   #26
siss
Team Captain

Member Number: 1611

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth
#1 pet peeve

...and if we lose..give me about an hour to get over it.
There is no talking to my Fiance if th Bears are playing. The steelers require a commercial break for talking but the Bears are a big no-no! It requires at least a day for him to get over a loss too. He wasnt much fun when they went 4-12!

He's ready, Steelers fans. His ordeal over, his return will be complete come Saturday in Arizona, when football again becomes the focus and a career briefly interrupted resumes.
~SI aticle 2006~
siss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:52 AM   #27
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

I married a woman who didn't like sports at all. Three years later, she buys more black and gold for my daughter than I do. By default she married into Steelers Nation! Now she's slowly becoming a part of it. She's watching games, yelling at the TV (scaring her other kids in the process), and questioning me about why Ben is throwing INT's and the RB's aren't holding on to the ball!!!!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:26 PM   #28
steelersgirl86
Starter

Member Number: 331

Well I guess I am a little different...i wish I could get my husband to like it as much as me..but that will never happen because he is a Carolina Panther fan and watching the panthers play is just not as fun. He will watch it if I have everyone over but basically i go to Clevestinks house and watch it there....I of course watch every Steeler game but i will sit and watch them all and i know my stuff also....I guess it helped having 3 brothers and parents that are huge Steeler Fans and sport fans..and my brothers played football...and now my stepson does and i love those also....
Old 08-07-2006, 02:59 PM   #29
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

There's no way I would date/marry a guy who wasn't into sports. Nope... No way... Nuh-uh... Not going to happen. He just wouldn't fit in w/my family if that were the case.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 03:19 PM   #30
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersgirl86
Well I guess I am a little different...i wish I could get my husband to like it as much as me..but that will never happen because he is a Carolina Panther fan and watching the panthers play is just not as fun. He will watch it if I have everyone over but basically i go to Clevestinks house and watch it there....I of course watch every Steeler game but i will sit and watch them all and i know my stuff also....I guess it helped having 3 brothers and parents that are huge Steeler Fans and sport fans..and my brothers played football...and now my stepson does and i love those also....
Speaking of Clevestinks.....where is the big guy?

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote