Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Training Camp

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 06-15-2007, 11:07 AM   #1
polamalufan43
Team President

Location: Where the streets are paved in black and gold stones
Member Number: 3344
Default Training Camp predictions

Well, with training camp just around the corner, there is more talk of how Tomlin is going to work camp and the battles for positions. So, let's talk about which position battles are going to be most important, least important, and everything in between.

~PF43
Old 06-15-2007, 11:12 AM   #2
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106
Default Re: Training Camp predictions

While the Offensive Line battle is going to be juicier than Nigel's favorite episode of "the Young and the Restless..." I, personally, have a lot of interest in our secondary battles. We have two young potential stars ready to explode onto the scene in McFadden and, especially, Smith. I just hope they prove they're up to the challenge and that Tomlin isn't afraid to play some young talent like... well... I don't need to name names...
Old 06-15-2007, 11:15 AM   #3
polamalufan43
Team President

Location: Where the streets are paved in black and gold stones
Member Number: 3344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushzilla View Post
While the Offensive Line battle is going to be juicier than Nigel's favorite episode of "the Young and the Restless..." I, personally, have a lot of interest in our secondary battles. We have two young potential stars ready to explode onto the scene in McFadden and, especially, Smith. I just hope they prove they're up to the challenge and that Tomlin isn't afraid to play some young talent like... well... I don't need to name names...
Smith is going to be interesting to watch grow and mature on the field. I'm pretty interested in him as well and Colon, mostly because they are young players and I'm waiting to see if they will become good players or not.

~PF43
Old 06-15-2007, 11:16 AM   #4
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

In two of the least contested positions I predict that Dan Sepulveda will be our punter and Ben Roethlisberger will be our quarterback.

I've never been one to follow training camp much at all. I have faith that the coaching staff will field the best players they've got.

I gotta admit though that I'm looking forward to seeing this kid Sepulveda punt for us. I do think he could be the key to some wins for us this year. Forcing the opposing team to start deep in their territory will be a big plus for us.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:49 AM   #5
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Quote:
Originally Posted by PisnNapalm;[QUOTE
256740In two of the least contested positions I predict that Dan Sepulveda will be our punter and Ben Roethlisberger will be our quarterback
i was hoping to see batch win the qb starting job..lol.. just kidding there. unless ben starts to have vision of last year's play. then i will be all for batch taking over.

I've never been one to follow training camp much at all. I have faith that the coaching staff will field the best players they've got.

Quote:
I gotta admit though that I'm looking forward to seeing this kid Sepulveda punt for us. I do think he could be the key to some wins for us this year. Forcing the opposing team to start deep in their territory will be a big plus for us.
[/QUOTE]

i cant wait to see this kid bring down the punt returner for the other team.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:13 PM   #6
vader29
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1533

Will be interesting to see how Coach Tomlin handles playing the starters in the preseason games. I always thought they should have gotten a little more playing time each week and by the last game they should have been at least playing 3 quarters instead of one series and then the backups were in.
vader29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 02:40 PM   #7
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

As far as the secondary goes I got it lined up like this (I think this is the most common belief as to how it should be done)

CB: McFadden

FS: Smith

SS: Polamalu

CB: Taylor

That’s how I thought it should have been last year and, while I love Cowher, I think he was just too stubborn to lean that way. I think the defensive backfield will end up this at some point during this year, hopefully sooner than later.

Last year was my first year going to training camp and I had a lot of fun the two days I was there. I can't wait to go back this year... I plan on going as much as I can.