Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,502 Times in 3,738 Posts
Default SI.com - Showing Heath Miller Some Love

Heeeeeeath!

There are flashier tight ends around the league, players like Rob Gronkowski or Vernon Davis who change defensive game plans and steal headlines.

The Steelers probably wouldn’t trade Heath Miller for any of them.

Miller is more from the “traditional tight end” cut than the Gronkowskis of the world, but he is invaluable in Pittsburgh’s offense — and has been for several years. How much the Steelers rely on him was on display Sunday in their come-from-behind 24-17 win over Cincinnati....

Miller may be one of the most underappreciated players in the league, but he showed again Sunday why he’s still a sensational tight end.

http://nfl.si.com/2012/10/23/second-...?sct=nfl_wr_a1
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:09 PM   #2
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727
Default Re: SI.com - Showing Heath Miller Some Love

I don't know why he is "one of the underappreciated players in this league" every season. He is one of the best Tight Ends in the game-- he can do it all.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #3
FrancoLambert
Team President

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,019 Posts
My Mood: Fine

It's great that Haley knows how to use the weapon we call "Heeeeeth!"
Google image "quiet professional," and a picture of him should pop up.
For a team that produces few great tight ends, he's way up there.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:13 PM   #4
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 25,520 Times in 10,354 Posts
My Mood: Dead

If Heath were asked to ONLY catch passes (a la Vernon Davis), he'd have gaudy numbers, as well. I am that confident is Heath's receiving skills.

But, unlike most (modern) TEs, he actually blocks well... making him such a great, all-around player.

Now... is he kept in too much to block? Definitely.

That said, do not get me wrong: I don't want to see him out in the secondary, like a split end, running routes on every single play. BUT, I'd like to see more of the following: getting targeted 7-8 times per game (i.e. just like he did in the CINCY game).

Furthermore, meaningful targets... like in the red-zone and/or on third downs. Likewise, just when he's lulled an OLB to sleep, BLAMO!!! the Steelers should hit him for a 20 yard gain.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,716 Times in 4,783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
That said, do not get me wrong: I don't want to see him out in the secondary, like a split end, running routes on every single play. BUT, I'd like to see more of the following: getting targeted 7-8 times per game (i.e. just like he did in the CINCY game).
I think when the development with Adams speeds up and he becomes a legitimate Tackle (on either side) you'll see Miller being split out more and being more of a target. With Adams still developing, though, and the consistent amount of injuries to this o-line he's forced to help block and be an extra offensive guard. With his size, surprising speed and excellent hands, he's an absolute matchup nightmare for anyone trying to cover him.

Last edited by SteelersCanada; 10-23-2012 at 05:57 PM.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:15 PM   #6
WVABE
Team Captain

3D Field Goal - Pro Champion! 3D Field Goal - All Pro Champion!
Member Number: 24111

Keeping Ben upright for now is key and its working so far. (basically)

O-Line is much improved over the last few years and if Heath being

a blocking TE helped that much, I'm for "let it be".

But of course 7 or 8 receptions would be nice also.

Git-R-Done, HeathHeathHeath...
WVABE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:27 PM   #7
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
If Heath were asked to ONLY catch passes (a la Vernon Davis), he'd have gaudy numbers, as well. I am that confident is Heath's receiving skills.

But, unlike most (modern) TEs, he actually blocks well... making him such a great, all-around player.

Now... is he kept in too much to block? Definitely.

Furthermore, meaningful targets... like in the red-zone and/or on third downs. Likewise, just when he's lulled an OLB to sleep, BLAMO!!! the Steelers should hit him for a 20 yard gain.
Heath was baby sitting Adams all night. In my opinion heath is the best and most reliable player on offense. He's got the best hands too. Once Adams is replaced, heath should be getting a few more targets each week.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:31 PM   #8
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,148 Times in 863 Posts

We all know who Heath Miller is so there is only ONE appropriate reply:

HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAATHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-27-2012, 03:02 AM   #9
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 14,615 Times in 5,996 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Ben Roethlisberger nominates Heath Miller for president, appoints himself campaign manager

By Neal Coolong on Oct 26

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has never been shy of expressing his appreciation of the amount of talent possessed by tight end Heath Miller. Now, Roethlisberger plans on taking the show all the way to the White House.

It's an election year, and nothing pertaining to Washington D.C. is without its twangs of politics.

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger even got with the times, announcing to the media Thursday Steelers tight end Heath Miller "should run for president." Steel City Insider's Jim Wexell noted the conversation in a piece about Heath Miller's viability for the AFC Pro Bowl.

Roethlisberger would go on to say he's even going to run Miller's campaign. He should start with these stats.

According to Wexell, 47 percent of the Steelers' red zone drives resulted in touchdowns. Seven percent of those plays, and 15 percent of the passes called went to Miller.

In 2012, the Steelers are scoring touchdowns on 55 percent of their trips to the red zone, and 20 percent of the plays and 38 percent of the passes have gone to Miller.

Sounds like Commander-in-Chief credentials. Efficient and measurable results in the face of adversity.

And what about walking tall and carrying a big stick? Miller's taken out more defensive backs on screens than the NFL's offensive-favoring rules have.

It's unfortunate, in this Fantasy Football-obsessed world, Miller isn't known fully as the out-and-out best all-around tight end in the game, but there isn't one more versatile than he is - and yes, I know who plays in New England.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...roethlsiberger
Old 10-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #10
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

Heath is the man! I just hope Paulson pans out and it makes letting Saunders go make sense!
austinfrench76 is online now   Reply With Quote