Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #21
Daniel_Amos
Water Boy

Member Number: 24262
Default Re: How much cap space do we save next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Steel_Wolfe View Post
That would be a good option too- yeah we are. I get flamed and called unnecessary things when I talk about glass Troy. Haha- people go as far as to say I'm not even a real fan for wanting Troy to be cut, nice logic right?
Your post about Troy makes me feel like you are fishing for people to flame you. I disagree with you. Last time I checked he has contributed more to winning games for the Steelers than anyone on the forums. I do believe a true fan would be rooting for people who are injured on our team to get better and help out the team. Your answer is simply cut him...I wonder if you were working some where and were injured and someone just said cut him how you would feel.

I believe if Troy could be on the field he would be there. This season is far from over and calling for heads this many games in does not help anything.
Daniel_Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #22
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,696 Times in 8,612 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_Amos View Post
Your post about Troy makes me feel like you are fishing for people to flame you.
That ^
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #23
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,998 Times in 4,255 Posts

Yeah, let's cut Troy because our depth at Safety behind him has proven to be terrific and capable of making plays.

If anything, let's ask him to restructure his deal and if he doesn't - trade bait. He's not the same he used to be, but he's still head and shoulders above the next SS in the entire league.

Regarding draft options, Matt Elam isn't going to be available to us if we aren't picking high in the second round. If you're a Gator fan (I am) you're seeing how impressive he can be in making plays not only in the secondary, but in the backfield. He's also a freak athlete that will impress at the combine and there's a good chance he'll get picked between 30 - 35.

I think you should all get to know the name Dion Jordan -- he's going to be the Steelers' first round pick this year.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #24
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,696 Times in 8,612 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Regarding draft options, Matt Elam isn't going to be available to us if we aren't picking high in the second round. If you're a Gator fan (I am) you're seeing how impressive he can be in making plays not only in the secondary, but in the backfield. He's also a freak athlete that will impress at the combine and there's a good chance he'll get picked between 30 - 35.
I originally had Elam to PITT at 32, but with there being like five toher good safeties (McDonald, Lester, et cetera), I figured that Elam might drop to 64.

I prefer Elam, tomost of the other safeties... at 32 or 64*.

* (with some other defender at 64 or 32)
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #25
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,998 Times in 4,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
I originally had Elam to PITT at 32, but with there being like five toher good safeties (McDonald, Lester, et cetera), I figured that Elam might drop to 64.

I prefer Elam, tomost of the other safeties... at 32 or 64*.

* (with some other defender at 64 or 32)
Elam better fits the Steelers' scheme, while guys like McDonald, Reid and Vaccaro are ballhawks. I mean, the Steelers had a trade for DeCastro with the Jets all but settled and they traded up for Ta'amu, showing they're ready and willing to pull the trigger on a trade for a prospect they like. Never say never, but it's unlikely that the Steelers end up with Elam. I'd like for them to, though. He's my personal favorite Safety in this draft, regardless of whether he plays SS or FS.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #26
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_Amos View Post
Your post about Troy makes me feel like you are fishing for people to flame you. I disagree with you. Last time I checked he has contributed more to winning games for the Steelers than anyone on the forums. I do believe a true fan would be rooting for people who are injured on our team to get better and help out the team. Your answer is simply cut him...I wonder if you were working some where and were injured and someone just said cut him how you would feel.

I believe if Troy could be on the field he would be there. This season is far from over and calling for heads this many games in does not help anything.
Sounds like you last checked in 2010, then. Yes, when people are making 10+ million a year to ride pine, it's acceptable to say they need to be cut or take a pay cut. Not sure how anyone could disagree with that, unless they're Troy fanboys. I sure didn't see anyone crying that Sweed got cut while on IR, and Troy has been nursing that leg for longer than Sweed was even a Steeler. There are people crying for Hampton to go, and he makes half of Troys paycheck, and actually plays. He was great too...why doesn't he get a free ride for life for his past performance? People want Ike benched and/or cut immediately...and he never misses game time. Troy could build himself a hot dog and beer stand on the sidelines though and run it full time, and he'd still get a free pass from fans.

Always great to see a fan getting ripped and called less of a fan because he doesn't agree that someone who sits the bench 80% of the time deserves to be one of the top played players on the team.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote