Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 08-06-2006, 10:51 PM   #1
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717
Default hall of fame game

the game was pretty good, both teams did well at stopping the run.i was ashamed of mcnabb when he only threw 3 passes. i expected around 10 just to see how he was doing. i love seeing the rookies put their hearts out on the field just to try to get a third or fourth string spot. when getting drafted late i guess it is the only way to prove yourself. i just cant wait for the steelers game on thursday if it is on tv.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:20 AM   #2
The JoKeR
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 620
Default Re: hall of fame game

I know nfl network is showing the steelers game at 8 EST on saturday
Old 08-07-2006, 03:28 PM   #3
boLT fan
Team Captain

Member Number: 901

The only time that really proves anything (the first quarter) is the one that the Raiders got whooped in. I loved watching Andrew Walter drop a pass, and Aaron Brooks go 1 for 3 with an interception. Great way to start the 2006 NFL Season.
boLT fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:08 PM   #4
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by boLT fan
The only time that really proves anything (the first quarter) is the one that the Raiders got whooped in. I loved watching Andrew Walter drop a pass, and Aaron Brooks go 1 for 3 with an interception. Great way to start the 2006 NFL Season.
Give it a rest. It was a pre-season game!

Yea, Brooks threw a pick... he also threw a TD. It was one game out of 5 pre-season games. I'm sure the Raiders will improve with each game.

All the divisional rivals that think the Raiders are going to go 4-12 again this year are just kidding themselves. It is wishful thinking because, you know deep down that in a couple years the Raiders will be back, and you can resume the fear that you are all so accustomed to!
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:36 PM   #5
boLT fan
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black
Give it a rest. It was a pre-season game!

Yea, Brooks threw a pick... he also threw a TD. It was one game out of 5 pre-season games. I'm sure the Raiders will improve with each game.

All the divisional rivals that think the Raiders are going to go 4-12 again this year are just kidding themselves. It is wishful thinking because, you know deep down that in a couple years the Raiders will be back, and you can resume the fear that you are all so accustomed to!
Yes, it's a pre-season game. What's the point of a pre-season game? To evaluate the talent you have and choose who to drop and keep for the season. And this game proved you have no o-line, no decent QB, and a filaure of a RB. The Raiders just plain looked dead untill the Eagles put in their 4 strings, then the Raiders looked good. Congrats on that one. Both Brooks and Walter overthrew passes and looked a lot like Kerry Collins.

If you think the Raiders will win more than 4 games you are kidding yourself. A washed up head coach and a washed up QB won't make you a winning team. I can't untill the Raiders flop so I can stop listening to all of your illusions of a "return to greatness" just becuase you got your old shitty head coach back.

Last edited by boLT fan; 08-07-2006 at 07:41 PM.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:49 PM   #6
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410

Is it me or does it seem like Garcia gets almost every pass deflected? Garcia sucks!!!

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:23 PM   #7
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Yes, it's a pre-season game. What's the point of a pre-season game? To evaluate the talent you have and choose who to drop and keep for the season. And this game proved you have no o-line, no decent QB, and a filaure of a RB. The Raiders just plain looked dead untill the Eagles put in their 4 strings, then the Raiders looked good. Congrats on that one. Both Brooks and Walter overthrew passes and looked a lot like Kerry Collins.

If you think the Raiders will win more than 4 games you are kidding yourself. A washed up head coach and a washed up QB won't make you a winning team. I can't untill the Raiders flop so I can stop listening to all of your illusions of a "return to greatness" just becuase you got your old shitty head coach back.
Damn dude, take a pill! I did say in a couple of years didn't I?

I know perfectly well what the point of pre-season games are. The Raiders are a team in transition... new coach, coaching staff, new players, etc.......... last night, they looked like like just that. They will improve as they become better aquainted with the system, coaching staff and each other.

Of coarse the O line needs more work... did you think they were going to all of a sudden just be awsome? I didn't, and they weren't... they will improve under this coaching staff as the year goes on.

No, I don't think Brooks is the answer but, he is what we have, along with Walter. So the kid had a bad night... that automatuically means he sucks? If that's what you think, your sadly mistaken. This kid is a very good QB in the making. It will probably take 2 - 3 years but, he is a keeper.

My "old, shitty head coach"? You mean the one that had a 54-38 record in his first tenure with the Raiders? That is a winning record, correct? You mean the one who took the Raiders to 3 play off appearances? I'll take him, thank you.

On the other hand, your shitty head coach can't win a play off game.

And yes, I know the Raiders will win more than 4 games... at least one of them will be against your team. I never said the Raiders are going to the playoffs... I said they will be an improved team over the last 3 years. The whole AFC West knows that the Raiders are on the way back... as you say, "the return to greatness" begins this year!

Look at it this way... at least the Raiders were once great... your team, on the other hand, has never been anything but a doormat for the Raiders... and the other 3 AFC West teams for that matter. Yes, I know, you have beaten the Raiders the last 5 games in a row... congratulations, you do have a good team, I can't deny that but, you will never even tie our record of wins against you... the Raiders swept your team for 18 years in a row! The Raiders OWN YOU!!!

Before you go getting all pissed off and feel like you need to really stick it to me... Take this for what it is... FUN! I'm not attacking you personally, I'm just havin a lil fun with a rival fan.

Last edited by silver & black; 08-07-2006 at 08:29 PM.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:33 PM   #8
boLT fan
Team Captain

I know it's nothing personal, and i'm never attacking you personally, but I still hate your team either way.

Ok, so Shell had a winning record A DECADE AGO. How does that make him good now? The Raiders were dominate 3 DECADES AGO. How does that make them good now? Nothing in the Raiders past makes them more than a crappy team now.

You seem to just be living in the past and the future. They Raiders don't even show promise of making a comeback, it's going to be a looong while before the Raiders win again. They've been on a decline since they're SB loss. 2004 they were 5-11, 2005 they were 4-12, 2006? Hmmm. Just becuase you've beat us in the past doesn't mean you beat us now. We've beat you, what? 7 or 8 games in a row RECENTLY. Not decades ago.

And yes, blah blah you're a team in transition. If you say this then why even smack talk that you have a chance against the Chargers, or even the Bronocos or Chiefs for that matter? No one is afraid of the Raiders right now, and no one is afriad of their "future" either. Untill they prove they can do something besides lose, they will be in the cellar, and they're past SB wins can't help them.

Last edited by boLT fan; 08-07-2006 at 08:38 PM.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:43 PM   #9
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

Quote:
I know it's nothing personal, and i'm never attacking you personally, but I still hate your team either way.

Ok, so Shell had a winning record A DECADE AGO. How does that make him good now? The Raiders were dominate 3 DECADES AGO. How does that make them good now? Nothing in the Raiders past makes them more than a crappy team now.

You seem to just be living in the past and the future. They Raiders don't even show promise of making a comeback, it's going to be a looong while before the Raiders win again. They've been on a decline since they're SB loss. 2004 they were 5-11, 2005 they were 4-12, 2006? Hmmm. Just becuase you've beat us in the past doesn't mean you beat us now. We've beat you, what? 7 or 8 games in a row RECENTLY. Not decades ago.

And yes, blah blah you're a team in transition. If you say this then why even smack talk that you have a chance against the Chargers, or even the Bronocos or Chiefs for that matter? No one is afraid of the Raiders right now, and no one is afriad of their "future" either. Untill they prove they can do something besides lose, they will be in the cellar, and they're past SB wins can't help them.
Every Steeler fan heard the same thing "you are living in the 70's" Noone but a true fan of their respective team "believes" without something to look forward to, what is there? Lighten up, the Raiders will come through when they come through, there is a person who loves his Raiders, what is wrong with that? You love your team, he loves his team. Now go take those meds:)
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:12 PM   #10
boLT fan
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn
Every Steeler fan heard the same thing "you are living in the 70's" Noone but a true fan of their respective team "believes" without something to look forward to, what is there? Lighten up, the Raiders will come through when they come through, there is a person who loves his Raiders, what is wrong with that? You love your team, he loves his team. Now go take those meds:)
Why are people assuming i'm angry or need to "chill". As S&B said, it's just rival smack, nothing more. But either way, i'll stop now.