Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,333 Times in 3,278 Posts
Default Congressman calls evolution lie from 'pit of hell'

In case you were not already concened about who is in charge in charge in Washington, consider this wisdom from a House member from my State

Georgia Rep. Paul Broun said in videotaped remarks that evolution, embryology and the Big Bang theory are "lies straight from the pit of hell" meant to convince people that they do not need a savior....

"God's word is true," Broun said, according to a video posted on the church's website. "I've come to understand that. All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell. And it's lies to try to keep me and all the folks who are taught that from understanding that they need a savior."

Broun also said that he believes the Earth is about 9,000 years old and that it was made in six days. ...

He sits on the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology.

http://www.ajc.com/ap/ap/education/c...of-hell/nSWmq/
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,198 Times in 3,492 Posts
Default Re: Congressman calls evolution lie from 'pit of hell'

what a moron.

anyone who believes the bible in its literal sense (according to the geneology) knows the earth is 5000-6000 yrs old.

never mind the fact that the 6 days creation are measured in "God days" not earth days. after all, one really cannot really measure a full day before the heavesns, earth, sun, moon, and stars are all created, right?

never mind the fact that the creation in genesis does a great job of summarizing evolution even though fool proof scientific that birds spawned reptiles has yet to be fully discovered and embraced (understandable being that evolution is still pretty much and infant science and correlating bones are now harder to find than galaxies in the infinite sky).

never mind the fact that the "man made in HIS image" was man with "knowledge" at the dawn of civilization in the tigris-euphrates valley where man was blessed with the gift of cultivation and domestication along with a real culture.

i wont even get into the whole false premise that adam and eve spawned an incestuous family.

the literalists find conflict with the historical and scientific facts. i find reassurance and confirmation, not from what i am told, but from the truth of word that lies within.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,198 Times in 3,492 Posts

i know absolutely nothing about this kook congressman paul brown but i can go out on a limb and tell you what else he believes-

republicans are the "chosen ones".

a married woman is a mans property and is to be submissive.

enslaved blacks were a gift from God promised to Christian white folks like the Hebrews were promised the land of milk and honey..

Native Americans were "savages" aka animals that needed to be exterminated.

the trinity made of the father, the son, and the almighty dollar.

all liberal's religious background consists of the writings of karl marx and the koran.

if elected, romney will pilot the spacecraft that allows the rich to escape earth before armageddon.

black nike running shoes with the white stripe go good with any attire.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:18 AM   #4
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,333 Times in 3,278 Posts

More insights from the GOP on predestination

The delicate issue of pregnancies resulting from rape rattled another campaign for the Senate Tuesday when Indiana’s Republican Senate nominee, Richard Mourdock, said a life conceived by rape “is something that God intended to happen” and must be protected.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...e-comments/?hp

I guess by that "logic" Jerry Sandusky's victims should have accepted their fate as part of God's plan
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:33 PM   #5
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Mormon over a Muslim any day.

who's with me?
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote