Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-26-2012, 09:19 AM   #11
Men of Steel
Starter

Member Number: 13746
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: Steelers still banged up

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
Washington's got a decent run defense, but the worst pass defense in the league. We need to exploit the corners, not establish the run.
Kind of like that game vs the Titans, they had a horrid secondary as well. Yet we still lost somehow.

Everyeone brings their "A" game vs the Steelers. Hopefully they dont shoot themselves in the foot and play a full 60 min.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #12
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886

Its going to be raining and muddy sunday....Im not expecting a ton of points, just hope we don't turn it over

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #13
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Quote:
I feel a 40-burger coming and a game from Ben that puts him in the talk for MVP. Similar to the Green Bay game in 2009, except RGIII doesn't match score for score like Rodgers did.

Steelers 45 Skins 24

Ben 480 yards, 5 TDs
Steelers would never let Ben rack em up like that if we had such a large lead. As soon as we get ten points on the redskins it'll be run time. This ain't the patriots. We have class and don't keep throwing deep when we have a 35 point lead.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #14
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,049 Times in 4,304 Posts
My Mood: Happy

It's looking like Dwyer

posted by Dale Lolley
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2012

It's looking like Jonathan Dwyer will get his second consecutive start this week against Washington as Rashard Mendenhall sat out practice again Thursday, while Isaac Redman was limited.

That's not necessarily a bad thing.

Frequent readers of this blog know that I've thought all along that Dwyer was a better all-around player than Redman - though I like Redman as well.

And given Washington's shoddy defense, letting Mendenhall sit another week isn't a bad thing.

@ I've had to laugh when I hear the topic of the Steelers having to sit either Redman or Dwyer once everyone's healthy.

Were people not listening to what Mike Tomlin had to say about his special teams units on Tuesday.

As Tomlin said, once everyone's healthy, there may be some special teams regulars on the bench if they continue to draw penalties.

We know Baron Batch plays teams, so, in effect, he doesn't necessarily count as a running back. Same goes for Chris Rainey.

The Steelers could keep all five running backs on their roster active on game day with no real problems.

What does Leonard Pope really do, anyway? Same goes for DeMarcus Van Dyke if he continues to draw penalties.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/

The Doobie Brothers
Hawaii 5-0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:37 PM   #15
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

i was against Dwyer and honestly never thought he would be a good running back but he has really impressed me and looks like the best rb on our team. im glad he proved me wrong
Old 10-28-2012, 06:55 PM   #16
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,049 Times in 4,304 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Steelers Injury Report: Ryan Clark, LaMarr Woodley & Jonathan Dwyer Injured In Win

Sunday, October 28th, 2012 by Dave Bryan

Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin met the media following the 27-12 win Sunday at Heinz Field over the Washington Redskins and gave an update of the players injured in the game.

Tomlin said that safety Ryan Clark suffered a concussion in the game and that linebacker LaMarr Woodley suffered a right hamstring strain. Tomlin said that he did not know the extent of the hamstring injury and that Woodley would get looked at again on Monday.

Also injured late in the win was running back Jonathan Dwyer, who suffered a tight right quad. Tomlin also added that he does not yet know the extent of that injury either, and that Dwyer will also be reevaluated on Monday.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/10...njured-in-win/

The Doobie Brothers
Hawaii 5-0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:48 AM   #17
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
Steelers Injury Report: Ryan Clark, LaMarr Woodley & Jonathan Dwyer Injured In Win

Sunday, October 28th, 2012 by Dave Bryan

Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin met the media following the 27-12 win Sunday at Heinz Field over the Washington Redskins and gave an update of the players injured in the game.

Tomlin said that safety Ryan Clark suffered a concussion in the game and that linebacker LaMarr Woodley suffered a right hamstring strain. Tomlin said that he did not know the extent of the hamstring injury and that Woodley would get looked at again on Monday.

Also injured late in the win was running back Jonathan Dwyer, who suffered a tight right quad. Tomlin also added that he does not yet know the extent of that injury either, and that Dwyer will also be reevaluated on Monday.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/10...njured-in-win/
Good God, we just can't stay healthy at all. I don't like the prospect of facing Eli without Troy, Clark, and Woodley.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #18
steelersfan77
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10585

Quote:
Good God, we just can't stay healthy at all. I don't like the prospect of facing Eli without Troy, Clark, and Woodley.
I'd expect woodley and clark to play Sunday. Dwyer to. I don't think woodley's hamstring was a pull, just a strain. Couple be wrong, either way he's had lots of problems with them the last couple seasons. Hopefully Ryan. Can pass his tests.
steelersfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:15 AM   #19
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan77 View Post
I'd expect woodley and clark to play Sunday. Dwyer to. I don't think woodley's hamstring was a pull, just a strain. Couple be wrong, either way he's had lots of problems with them the last couple seasons. Hopefully Ryan. Can pass his tests.
Sucks that we blew the Oakland and Tennessee games, otherwise this would be a largely meaningless interconference game where we could give those guys rest.

As it is, we don't want to drop to 4-4 so we might have to risk injured starters.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:29 AM   #20
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,685 Times in 1,768 Posts
My Mood: Fine

even just winning 1 of those would have been nice. Going 5-2 into NYG would have been a whole lot better, then we just need to win at Ravens and tiebreaker > equal records of 6-3.

Going 4-4 is NOT an option. They better be lookin at this game as a playoff game. Imagine splitting with Baltimore and it doesn't mean squat? Ugh.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote