Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #11
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default Re: Good win today

The game DEFINITELY would have been closer if they would have caught the majority of those passes. That said, we still would have won. The team looks like they are getting it together, it's not 100% yet but it's on the right track. Polamalu has dropped off a lot since 2008-2010 but he will still be an improvement when he gets back. Hampton is getting better and Harrison still has a while to go before he's 100% (according to Tomlin). The defense will get a bit better then what we seen today and the offense will be real good if they continue to grow as they are. Also, the O line is looking pretty good, and that's with Adams still in there. I think the run game will continue to get better also as long as Dwyer keeps getting the majority of the carries. We've had a tendency since 2009 of losing games after a good win and it still worries me, but we have now won back to back games and one of them was a road win, and the wins were in Steeler fashion. It's looking like the team is back!

As far as beating the Giants goes, we have a chance. I think our offense is still developing and I don't see them being able to out score the Giants (who are capable of scoring big), so it will be up to the defense to limit Manning's offense to 20 points or less, and that's a tall task. I still think we have a good chance though IF Dwyer runs like he has and the defense gets a few TO's and/or stops.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #12
lardlad
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10897

I think the defense deserve some credit for those drops. At least half of them were broken up. Also the running game was practically shut down. The plays were there to be had though.
lardlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #13
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703

I dont know, the Gmen arent looking so good against Dallas right now. Olny winning at the half due to a million turnovers. I think our def is much better than Dallas' def.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #14
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,963 Times in 3,374 Posts

it was a good looking win today. I also think that the D deserves some credit for some of the drops. Dwyer was running great and Big Ben looks like he's at the top of his game.

We've got a chance against the Giants next week, it's definitely going to be a close one either way.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #15
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,080 Times in 2,617 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
i think our defense got very lucky with all the dropped passes today. They should have definitely moved the ball better - and would have if a lot of those balls were caught.

if we didnt even bother putting a defense on the field they shouldve scored on every play. i knew people were gonna "blame" this steelers win on all the redskins dropped passes.

the redskins wanted no part of catching that ball. after ryan clark tattoo'd griffins ass and then knocking his own self out laying licks, the redskins are the ones who "GOT LUCKY" we werent putting them in the hospital.

we are the hardest hitting defense in the league. it shows up on tape and the redskins wanted NO part of it. some of you guys act like you just started watching steelers fottball yesterday.

they were looking for the hit and bracing for it before the ball was even in their vicinity. the dropped passes were a direct result of the steelers imposing their will on the opposition.

this "woe is us, we were soooooo lucky to eek out a win" is a losers mentality and its quite pathetic from the fanbase of such a proud franchise.

thats shit brownsfans say.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:48 PM   #16
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,232 Times in 1,378 Posts

7 measily 2nd half points is a bit disturbing...combined with only 10 second half points last week ...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #17
steelersforever58
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24184

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
7 measily 2nd half points is a bit disturbing...combined with only 10 second half points last week ...
Agree. I know a win is a win, but didn't Ben have like 170 plus yards in the first half alone? Did they go into the old Cowher game plan of taking a lead into the second half and play not to lose it as opposed to trying to build on it? If I'm not mistaken the Steelers are one of the lowest scoring teams in the league in the 4th qtr.. For me 40+ passes a game should be the norm.
steelersforever58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:02 PM   #18
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

Pumped about the way Wallace played today. We need him if we have any chance next week! Dwyers a stud. Go Steelers!
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:09 PM   #19
WVABE
Team Captain

3D Field Goal - Pro Champion! 3D Field Goal - All Pro Champion!
Member Number: 24111

I thought we done well in a phases of the game,
except that drive where RG3 threw 3 TD passes (2 drops).

I believe our run will continue for the next several weeks too.

I smell 12-4
WVABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:19 PM   #20
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinfrench76 View Post
Pumped about the way Wallace played today. We need him if we have any chance next week! Dwyers a stud. Go Steelers!
Wallace is playing for $$$'s and for now I don't mind that his misguided motivations are aligned with the Steeler's goals,

If he wants to cash in after the season, he needs to continue play well ... so go Mike Wallace.