Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-30-2012, 01:03 PM   #31
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,756 Times in 2,029 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: James Harrison cant generate pressure anymore

I watched Harrison on defense, and Wallace on offense. Here's what I saw:

Wallace doesn't get double-teamed NEARLY as much as people claim, and Harrison gets held on every other blitz. He's not angling enough to get around the end, and that has a lot to do with him recovering from knee surgery. I expect him to hit a hot streak at some point in the next few weeks, and the same goes for Woodley.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #32
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Lombardi View Post
Are you frikin serious? Dumb arses, he is getting over knee surgery!!!!! You are just like the society that I despise, wants everything now and dammit if I don't get it someone is going to pay or get cut.

Same idiots bitch when James gets signed on by the Niners and goes off. I'd rather have you guys cheer for the bengals. You are matching their mentality.
You are a MORON.

The rest of the NFL is not going to sit on their haunches and "pause" the game to wait for James Harrison to get back to 100% (if he ever does-- he is 35).

If he cannot perform, then simply put, he is hurting the team.

You only get an "A" for effort in the politically over-correct, "everybody is a winner" society that I despise. In the real world-- you either get results, or you are gone. That's the harsh reality-- the Steelers are not here to rehab him, they are here to win games and championships.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #33
Penn
Starter

Member Number: 19535

a few weeks later and he is still struggling. He really needs to turn it on with the rest of the defense. Ive noticed that he is dropping back in to coverage A LOT more than usual which raises further questions
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:05 PM   #34
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

more importantly is the fact that our 2nd round pick from 3 years ago is not a better option than a guy at about 60%.
steelerchad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #35
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,054 Times in 502 Posts
My Mood: Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
more importantly is the fact that our 2nd round pick from 3 years ago is not a better option than a guy at about 60%.
I don't know if this is really true at all, we all know how hard it is for ANYONE on this defense to win a job over a veteran, no matter how much said veteran is underperforming. If Harrison can play, he's going to play, no matter how effective he is. Worilds is still leading the team in sacks and hasn't started in several weeks.

I think Harrison will still get better, but I am a little discouraged that I haven't noticed him get any significant pressure once this season. I would not worry about Woodley, he ALWAYS starts slow and by the end of the season will be absolutely wrecking.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #36
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,191 Times in 4,622 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
I don't know if this is really true at all, we all know how hard it is for ANYONE on this defense to win a job over a veteran, no matter how much said veteran is underperforming. If Harrison can play, he's going to play, no matter how effective he is. Worilds is still leading the team in sacks and hasn't started in several weeks.

I think Harrison will still get better, but I am a little discouraged that I haven't noticed him get any significant pressure once this season. I would not worry about Woodley, he ALWAYS starts slow and by the end of the season will be absolutely wrecking.
Worilds hasn't shown he's the guy to take over after Harrison is done. While it is true that it's tough for young guys to win a job, Worilds hasn't a case to take over. On the right side, he's a liability playing against solid left tackles. He's just not strong or fast enough to make a significant case for him to start - ever. The left side is different, but with Woodley, it again makes him irrelevant.

Missing on a second round pick is rough, but I think we need to move on.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:29 PM   #37
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

Worilds has a share of the team lead in sacks with one start this season. And don't forget that he was and possibly still is recovering from an injury just as much as Harrison. An injury that he played through last year. There's simply not a large enough body of work to place a firm judgement on him with regards to his ability to be at least a 3-4 year future at ROLB. But attempting to compare him to an All-Pro talent like Harrison won't help him any.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:43 PM   #38
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
Worilds has a share of the team lead in sacks with one start this season. And don't forget that he was and possibly still is recovering from an injury just as much as Harrison. An injury that he played through last year. There's simply not a large enough body of work to place a firm judgement on him with regards to his ability to be at least a 3-4 year future at ROLB. But attempting to compare him to an All-Pro talent like Harrison won't help him any.
Worilds is great when he's healthy, but apparently he's never healthy. He's young and injured constantly. We CAN'T have our young guys being injury stricken constantly. That's too much. He needs to get healthy and stay healthy and make an impact on the game or it doesn't matter how many sacks he has. It kills me to see him constantly injured knowing he has the skillset to do every bit as much as Harrison and Woodley can.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:45 PM   #39
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

He's healthy now...and healthier than Chris Carter. Maybe LeBeau SHOULD play Worilds more with Harrison's knee the way it is. But he's not, so what can he do? I don't think he's even missed a practice during the regular season...
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:56 PM   #40
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
He's healthy now...and healthier than Chris Carter. Maybe LeBeau SHOULD play Worilds more with Harrison's knee the way it is. But he's not, so what can he do? I don't think he's even missed a practice during the regular season...
I was under the impression that he was injured again. Makes no sense NOT to have him playing if he's sharing the lead in the sacks category. Pressure a quarterback and you can win games.