Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 10-25-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321
Default NFL or FFL?

Got back from dinner, flipped on Minnesota vs. Tampa, which just went to halftime. First thing they show when they return from commercial to talk about the game is the fantasy points accumulated by the top players tonight.

This is on the league's network, too.

You don't have to be very cynical to believe that the league is tailoring its rules to support the huge FFL industry. Yards and points, baby, that's what it's all about now.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:41 PM   #2
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,017 Times in 1,776 Posts
My Mood: Aggressive
Default Re: NFL or FFL?

No doubt, that's the agenda.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:53 AM   #3
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
You don't have to be very cynical to believe that the league is tailoring its rules to support the huge FFL industry. Yards and points, baby, that's what it's all about now.
which make some of the long-time records (John Unitas' 47 game TD streak, Jim Brown's career per-carry average, Don Hutson's 99 TD receptions), done in a time when winning was #1, not individual statistics, even more-impressive

Brees has already thrown almost 600 more passes than Unitas did in his entire career, in 50 fewer games, and plays 1/2 his games indoors, on carpet

had Huston played 303 games (like Jerry Rice), his average says he'd have caught an absurd 285 TD passes, dwarfing Rice's 197

recent Steeler hall-of-Famne inductee Jack Butler intercepted 52 passes in just 103 games, one every-other game ~ even in today's pass-n-tab NFL, who swipes 8 balls a season, every-season???

in the name of higher TV-ratings (the League has led the ratings-game since the defensive-minded 1970's, something the League fails to tell you), they've bastardized the rules, and the history of the game, which is why I rarely watch anymore

but keep buying those League-approved items ~ they need to buy light-bulbs for the scoreboards
Old 10-27-2012, 06:09 AM   #4
BowCatShot
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24236

Amen, brother. I couldn't agree more. I think that in addition to the rule changes, nowadays there's a lot of choreography going on.
BowCatShot is offline   Reply With Quote