Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 10-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #11
WVABE
Team Captain

3D Field Goal - Pro Champion! 3D Field Goal - All Pro Champion!
Member Number: 24111
Default Re: Ben, the Best Quarterback in the AFC

I believe he's in the top 5, they are unique in their own way and Ben's is escapability and throwing accurate passes on the run. If Brady was behind the Steelers O-Line in the past few years he wouldn't even qualify as elite.
WVABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:10 PM   #12
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,296 Times in 656 Posts

If Big Ben wins number 3, his ass will be #1. Yup, #1.
OX1947 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #13
Twentyvalve
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18796

I think he is one of the best. The problem with saying who is best is that each QB has their own strengths. For example, Brady can throw lasers to TE's all day long. P. Manning is great at the no huddle rush offense. Rogers has great accuracy, etc.

Ben, well, he is about second best at all of those things. And by far the best at avoiding sacks, making plays when absolutely needed, playing with injuries, and arguably at staging comebacks under pressure (that last winning drive against Cardinals was friggin' an incredible once in a lifetime event). I think overall Ben is the best overall and most well rounded QB. Historically, if he would have had time consistently to stand in the pocket and make throws he would have had even more accomplishments. As "elite" as the other QB's are, Ben is the man that gets it done.
Twentyvalve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:02 PM   #14
wera176
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18645

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
Ben has things about him that are better than Brady. Escapability for one. Brady has none. If he ever quits throwing bone headed picks, then maybe he will one day be the best in the AFC. We beat the Broncos if not for that and have a 5-2 record.
Ben doesn't throw any more, and maybe even less in some cases, bone headed picks than any other elite QB. For example, the pick you mention was the same pick (and player) that P. Manning had in the SB, and that when he was at his peak.
wera176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:06 PM   #15
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
Ben has things about him that are better than Brady. Escapability for one. Brady has none. If he ever quits throwing bone headed picks, then maybe he will one day be the best in the AFC. We beat the Broncos if not for that and have a 5-2 record.
Translation: "I'm a typical yinzer that refuses to ever blame the Steelers defense for a loss!!!!!!!!!"
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:10 PM   #16
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

I think the next 2-3 seasons will say whether Ben surpasses Brady and Manning. One thing they have that Ben has struggled with is long term consistency. In past games you never knew which Ben was going to show up. He's having a great year under Haley, and this is his chance to cement his legacy as a champion.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #17
Twentyvalve
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18796

He recently had a run of what I believe to be 138 passes without an interception. That ended with the Bengals I think. Brady was somewhere around 180 and then he threw 2 in a single game.
Twentyvalve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:30 PM   #18
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by lardlad View Post
It's boring, some would say. Not me. It has to be way more demoralizing to a defense when you line up and move the sticks. One or two big plays that scores the same points seems less worrisome to me.

Nope not me I like not giving up sacks and keeping our d off the field. I also like our new and improved short game in the redzone. I also like not having to be in shotgun on third and inches. I also like that plays seem designed this year. Not like they are barely getting plays off.
I'm loving our new offense. The ball is going every where. Bens favorite target is the open man. I love that there is creativity put into these plays. I love that we are having a running game again, I'm loving the efficiency, comp. %, lack of sacks, and I think that the quick pass will keep our o line more consistently fresh and healthy in the long run. I'm also loving the fact that Ben ain't force feeding the deep ball to an un open Wallace 6 times a game. I love that 83 is being utilized again, and I'm def loving that we seem to be getting more 7's in the Redzone instead of 3's. Which reminds me.... Loving suisham too. He is the biggest surprise to me out of any player this season. I hope the man keeps it up.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:40 PM   #19
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

To think before this year Joe Flacco was put in the same sentence as Ben.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:00 PM   #20
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

Couldn't agree more!!!!
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote