Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-01-2012, 09:18 PM   #51
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,581 Times in 1,615 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Welcome to NY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb500ex View Post
giants fans are great jets fans are the worst fans in sports. no its not fun being a yankee fan it hit me this year
I strongly disagree with the Giants part, and strongly agree with the Jets part. I believe the Giants fans are as close to Steelers fans as it gets. Jets fans? Well, that's another story entirely.

EDIT: I'm sorry dude. I misread that completely. I agree 100 percent. Time for bed.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #52
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

Jets fans are adorable. Nobody hates the Jets more than Jets fans. Same with Mets fans (and many Jets fans tend to be Mets fans, whereas Giants fans are more inclined to be Yankees fans).
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:18 AM   #53
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,776 Times in 835 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
If when you say NY fans, you mean Giants Fans...The Dude 100% agrees and echoes your sentiments.

There is a genuine respect with the Rooney/Mara connection that goes way back. The tradition and heritage of the franchises....same class or tier, generally speaking. The long term die-hard fans, and there are many of both, acknowledge this usually. For sure.

The Ben/Eli dynamic that has grown in recent years has added a nice little spice to this friendly rivalry.
Ah yes I meant Giants fans. Though I have a buddy who is a Jets fan that is respectful. We went to school together though so perhaps he gives me a free pass.
IowaSteeler927 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:10 AM   #54
NyGiantz
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 8211

I never used to have a problem with jets fans too much until Rex Ryan became their coach and they got all loud like he does. Jets fans are obnoxious as hell and their "fan" that represents then, Fireman Ed used to be a Dolphins fan. They are pathetic in any aspect u can think of
Old 11-02-2012, 06:14 PM   #55
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,098 Times in 488 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyGiantz View Post
I never used to have a problem with jets fans too much until Rex Ryan became their coach and they got all loud like he does. Jets fans are obnoxious as hell and their "fan" that represents then, Fireman Ed used to be a Dolphins fan. They are pathetic in any aspect u can think of

I've always had a theory about why the Jets have never done anything since Joe Willie; it's because once they left Shea Stadium, they've never had a home they could call their own. They're like the Flying Dutchman of the NFL - a team that will always be at sea and never find a port.

For decades, they were the red-headed stepchildren sharing a stadium named after a rival and could never call "Giants Stadium" home no matter how many green sheets they hung on the walls. Even though it's now called "Met-Life Stadium", it will always be either Giants Stadium or just "The Meadowlands" which to most people is where the Giants play, not the Jets.

I think the Jets have always been in search of an identity and they've never really found one and until that changes - until they get a real home of their own, they're doomed to just keep sailing the oceans.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:52 PM   #56
SteelCurtain5643
Starter

Member Number: 12838

I was supposed to be at this game this weekend but unfortunately, because one of the guys I was suppost to go with is having an operation soon and cant do much driving or walking and also because of the storm I will not be attending. Kinda sucks but cant do much about it. I'll crack open a beer, sit in the recliner and watch the Steelers kick some ass...
SteelCurtain5643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #57
NyGiantz
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 8211

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
I've always had a theory about why the Jets have never done anything since Joe Willie; it's because once they left Shea Stadium, they've never had a home they could call their own. They're like the Flying Dutchman of the NFL - a team that will always be at sea and never find a port.

For decades, they were the red-headed stepchildren sharing a stadium named after a rival and could never call "Giants Stadium" home no matter how many green sheets they hung on the walls. Even though it's now called "Met-Life Stadium", it will always be either Giants Stadium or just "The Meadowlands" which to most people is where the Giants play, not the Jets.

I think the Jets have always been in search of an identity and they've never really found one and until that changes - until they get a real home of their own, they're doomed to just keep sailing the oceans.
I agree. They are so envious of the Giants that they even root against us when we play against a division rival of theirs like the Pats or Dolphins. Can you imagine rooting for the Ravens against the Eagles cuz of the instate rivalry? Would never happen
Old 11-03-2012, 03:50 PM   #58
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,000 Times in 4,284 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyGiantz View Post
I agree. They are so envious of the Giants that they even root against us when we play against a division rival of theirs like the Pats or Dolphins. Can you imagine rooting for the Ravens against the Eagles cuz of the instate rivalry? Would never happen
really? wow, that does say a lot about the Jets fans and you're right, we would always root against the Ravens even though we're not that fond of the Eagles either.

but like the quote from the movie Remember The Titans goes: "Attitude reflects leadership"...what can you expect when your head coach is big-mouth Rex Ryan?
Old 11-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #59
KManX89
Water Boy

Member Number: 24330

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
It's better, but it's not a great defense by any stretch. They've given up a lot of points to some bad teams, and at home, too.

Probably is, our defense may be without Troy, Clark, and Woodley. If that's the case, I don't see how the Giants score less than 30.
Woodley and Clark have been listed as 'Probable' for this game...

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...3-a94243765b61

And I agree, it should be a good one, best game of the week by far. Though TBH, I'm kinda torn as to who to pick... defensively, I trust the Steelers D to shut down Eli more than I trust the Giants beat up secondary to stop Big Ben's passing attack (they did get carved up by Tony Romo last week, after all, giving up over 400 yards though the air, plus, Chase Blackburn is out for this game, and possibly Rolle and/or Phillips, too). The Giants also have the home field advantage, though, and are better offensively (though Pittsburgh looks like they've started to come on the last couple of games). Plus, Dwyer and Mendenhall might not play (they've both been listed as 'Doubtful' for this game), though Chris Rainey has looked sharp in the limited snaps he's taken so far, so, IDK, it's tough to say who'll win this one, it should be a competitive, close game that could quite honestly go either way, but I guess I'll give the (slight) nod to the G-Men just because it's at home. Pittsburgh surely needs it more, though, so who knows? Maybe they'll play with a sense of urgency for this week.

Should be a great game either way, though.
KManX89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:19 PM   #60
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

I would say that the problem extends long past Rex Ryan, but then again, outside of Bill Parcells for a brief period, they haven't had a good head coach in a damn long time...
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote