Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #11
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,817 Times in 2,687 Posts
Default Re: Antonio Brown taunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
he genuinely seems like one of the more likable players in the league, but is he getting out of control?
Antonio Brown has always irked me with the Santonio pose after every first down and is getting out of control - back in the day the Steelers would have taken the 15 yard penalty and clocked someone like Brown on the next play if someone pulled a stunt like running bcakwards into the end zone for 20 yards

IMO without Ward and Farrior to calm things down (e.g. - when Keenan Lewis acted like he had just won the game when the Redskins were stopped on 3rd and goal and then was beaten when Washington scored on 4th down) there is a lot more bulls**t conduct by the Steelers these days, with the worst of it coming from Young Money

It is not as if that conduct has been tolerated by the Steelers for a long time - anyone else remember when LeBeau got in the face of Antonio Smith after he paraded like a drum major after causing a turnover?
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #12
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,210 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
It is not as if that conduct has been tolerated by the Steelers for a long time - anyone else remember when LeBeau got in the face of Antonio Smith after he paraded like a drum major after causing a turnover?
vs carolina, i believe.

possibly the only time the cameras have caught lebeau pissed off on the steelers sideline.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #13
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 View Post
I would argue that it was simply playing the game to the best of his ability. Why should he pause and compute velocity and impact on every hit to try and determine what a receiver can take? You either hit him, or you don't, IMO. At the time the hits were legal...so why one earth would you want to pull up?
I didn't say pull up. You can block hard without head hunting. Tell me honestly that you think he had no choice but to lower his helmet on Reed here. He lined him up and actually hid himself behind another player, then launched and knocked him out, just like he wanted to do.

If someone did that to Troy, you'd call it a cheap shot.

maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #14
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,210 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
If someone did that to Troy, you call it a cheap shot.
how do you know what he'd call it? maybe he'd call it a football play. maybe you shouldnt be puttin words in peoples mouths or telling them how theyd feel if a certain make believe situation arose.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #15
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Quote:
I didn't say pull up. You can block hard without head hunting. Tell me honestly that you think he had no choice but to lower his helmet on Reed here. He lined him up and actually hid himself behind another player, then launched and knocked him out, just like he wanted to do.

If someone did that to Troy, you'd call it a cheap shot.
Yea, but I don't see that here. He had a guy on him, who he made a move and passed. Reed was coming directly at him and made no move to avoid or defend himself. So again, what do you want Ward to do there? Take a dive and rip up some knees? Or just call off the play because Reed deserves a pass for not paying attention? When you're running in a straight line, and another guy comes at you in a straight line from 5 yards out, whatever happens to you is what you deserve, IMO. The #1 priority, above any and all other things, must be to protect yourself. This is true of all sporting activities. If you don't want leveled when a guy comes at you in a straight line, you watch for him, and protect yourself.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:40 PM   #16
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 View Post
Yea, but I don't see that here. He had a guy on him, who he made a move and passed. Reed was coming directly at him and made no move to avoid or defend himself. So again, what do you want Ward to do there?
Block him hard and take him out of the play, not lower his head and try to break his jaw. It's clear that he didn't see Hines, as Hines was hiding behind the other defender until Reed spotted the ball carrier.

You really think that was his only option?

Frankly, it was kind of a chickenshit move. Hines *could* have engaged him when he was looking and fought him face to face, but he lured him into the jawbreaker.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:46 PM   #17
maddog78
Assistant Coach

I mean, stuff like this doesn't happen by accident.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.1.html
Old 10-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #18
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

[QUOTE=Atlanta Dan;1042273]Antonio Brown has always irked me with the Santonio pose after every first down and is getting out of control - back in the day the Steelers would have taken the 15 yard penalty and clocked someone like Brown on the next play if someone pulled a stunt like running bcakwards into the end zone for 20 yards

IMO without Ward and Farrior to calm things down (e.g. - when Keenan Lewis acted like he had just won the game when the Redskins were stopped on 3rd and goal and then was beaten when Washington scored on 4th down) there is a lot more bulls**t conduct by the Steelers these days, with the worst of it coming from Young Money

It is not as if that conduct has been tolerated by the Steelers for a long time - anyone else remember when LeBeau got in the face of Antonio Smith after he paraded like a drum major after causing a turnover?[/QUOTE. Antonio plays hard and I like him for his explosiveness, but until he wins big games for us like Ward and even Holmes, he has no right to be cocky.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:49 PM   #19
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,516 Times in 1,584 Posts
My Mood: Stressed

If someone hit one of our games like Hines hit Reed, unless helmet contact is made, i'd call it a football play. Simple as that. If one of our guys get rocked, so be it. "Such is life in the NFL".

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:51 PM   #20
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,614 Times in 2,394 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Block him hard and take him out of the play, not lower his head and try to break his jaw. It's clear that he didn't see Hines, as Hines was hiding behind the other defender until Reed spotted the ball carrier.

You really think that was his only option?

Frankly, it was kind of a chickenshit move. Hines *could* have engaged him when he was looking and fought him face to face, but he lured him into the jawbreaker.
what better way to take someone out of the play than to make sure they don't get up after the hit? when I played ball, the coaches used to congratulate us for decking people and erasing them from plays. people get hurt, that's football.
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote