Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 10-30-2012, 08:43 AM   #31
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,962 Times in 2,107 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Report: Wallace' last year in Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Who's the trade partner? Give me a team that will offer anything for him knowing they have to pay him the big contract immediately.
Yeah. It's all bullshit either way. Just another excuse for us all to bitch at Mike Wallace, but quite honestly, I have NO problem with it. Wallace hasn't proved shit this year, plain and simple. Brown has made a lot of big catches that I want to see from Mike Wallace. Wallace can have all of the touchdowns he wants, but until his touchdown number in games we WIN surpass his numbers in games we LOSE, it's all irrelevant to the team.

I know Wallace is going to want every bit of money he can get. What players DOESN'T? That doesn't mean he DESERVES it. I hope we make the playoffs this year. I think THEN we'll get a good look at who's worth the money, and only then.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:44 AM   #32
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 5,925 Times in 2,852 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post

Mike Wallace seems to play with a lack of effort, and has scored most of his touchdowns this year in losses, so i'm not going to argue your thoughts on him. I too am disappointed in his production, and I feel he isn't proving himself as a #1 receiver so far this season. I'm hoping he lights it up next weekend, and continues lighting it up the rest of this season. He's already had a slow start to his season, and he's nearing the "Only plays tough ONE half of the season" territory we're use to from last year.

Wallace could light it up next week but the point about the lack of effort still holds true. Watch the coaches' tape version of the game last week. On plays where Wallace is the decoy, he half-asses it every time.

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:49 AM   #33
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,724 Times in 2,230 Posts
My Mood: Fine

im sure they already have their eyes on a few possible replacements for Wallace if they already know it is all but a done deal

As all the talking heads say - this is a copy cat league - and it seems like teams such as the Redskins and Cowboys might be changing philosophies by beginning to build through the draft as well and are taking note of the Steelers and the Patriots to an extent, releasing good to great players when they are past their prime or there are other good reasons for their release (attitude makes a big difference to teams I think ,regardless of abilities) . It's been talked about to death, but we got what for our SB MVP again? Teams know now they can get a fantastic receiver through the mid to later rounds.

I'd say there are about 2-3 teams that might pick him up because of desperation or as a "project"

I'VE GOT SOME YOUTHFUL ADJUSTMENTS FOR 'DAT AZZ
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:49 AM   #34
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,962 Times in 2,107 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Wallace could light it up next week but the point about the lack of effort still holds true. Watch the coaches' tape version of the game last week. On plays where Wallace is the decoy, he half-asses it every time.
And the number one excuse I've heard from a lot of fans isn't holding up anymore, either.

"Wallace attracts double-coverage, therefore opening up lanes over the middle for Antonio Brown."

The fact of the matter is, I've watched Wallace almost EXCLUSIVELY in the first-half of the last two games, and he's NOT double-covered on all passing plays. He was double-covered MORE in the last game, and two or three times in the first half of the Bengals game. Defenses are concentrating on Brown a LOT more now that he's making big plays, and he's still making them.

I'm not saying Brown is as good, or better than Wallace. I'm just saying, the excuses being made from Wallace aren't acceptable. He's the #1 guy on the depth chart....even if Brown IS Ben's first read.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:58 AM   #35
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 24,460 Times in 9,909 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
So... what's the problem???
Sincerely,
Randy Moss
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:23 PM   #36
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,361 Times in 4,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
Don't worry, when Wallace does eventually leave, he'll run him down like he's running down Holmes now to illustrate that once again, the Steelers did the right thing.
well check you out! you know how everyone will react and what everyone will do under any given circumstance that you can conjure up.

that must make you GOD and eveyone knows you cant argue with GOD because GOD is always right. bravo!

now, back to the land of reality.... the story you posted is bogus crap. i didnt even bother reading it. EVERYBODY knows this is the one and only "final" year of wallac's RFA contract.

i have no reason to "run him down" like your hero holmes. wallace hasnt been suspended by the league twice because of his repetitive and continual use of the hippie lettuce. he isnt facing a year long suspension for his next failed drug test. he isnt smashing shot glasses upside bitchez headz up in da club. he hasnt given up on his team and had players tell the coach to get him the **** out of the game, and he DOESNT have teammates all but call him a CANCER and say he was the driving force in the most divisive locker room they have been in their entire career.

make no mistake, ladainian tomlinson has credence. you are an internet jockey who doesnt even know how the league slects which teams play in london and have been wrong on as many things as you have been right. you just pout when called on it.

let me play the all knowing GOD. you are just another Santonio Homer who getts all butthurt anytime someone says anything about your favorite player. if he were still on the team you would be saying how he is the greatest steelers receiver ever, will break every steeler receiving record, and will one day be in the hall of fame with multiple SB MVP awards.

its time for you to get off that jet plane you are flying high on and take off the green and white glasses (or is it buckeye red clouding your eyes with red?)

you dont know me or anyone else on this board or how they would act or feel. act accordingly, jack.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:49 PM   #37
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,247 Times in 627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Really? You're not contributing to the discussion with this bullshit. Try at LEAST arguing his claims before you throw your little jabs out there. It's getting old REAL quick.
hey hey, eeeeeeasy.....
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #38
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,397 Times in 3,686 Posts

Ask the Detroit Lions how breaking the bank to pay a WR is working out

Megatron has been a $132M megabust so far

Calvin Johnson does all the right things. He plays harder and he practices even harder. He runs his routes well, sacrifices his body and finishes his blocks. He doesn't respond to trash talk.

The Lions' star receiver also knows how to say the right things.

But after Sunday's 28-24 win over Seattle, Johnson stood by his locker and answered questions about his puzzling almost maddening lack of production lately, especially early in games.

Johnson caught three passes for 46 yards Sunday. The week before, he had three catches for 34 yards. He didn't have a catch in the first half of either game. And it has been more than a month four straight games since he caught a touchdown pass.

Johnson grasped for an answer to his suddenly sparse production.

"You know um I don't know," Johnson said Sunday. "But, hey, we got the win. That's all that matters."

That certainly is the company line around the Lions when it comes to explaining why a player who set the NFL contract record with a $132-million deal in March has one touchdown this year and declining production

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...lions/1667543/

Or for that matter ask the Cardinals
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #39
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
now, back to the land of reality.... the story you posted is bogus crap. i didnt even bother reading it.
You didn't read it, but you know it's crap?

Quote:
let me play the all knowing GOD. you are just another Santonio Homer who getts all butthurt anytime someone says anything about your favorite player.
No, I just think he's a better all-around WR than Wallace that would be much more affordable.

Did you have a nice nap after your meltdown?
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #40
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Can someone who still thinks we'll sign Wallace explain to me why you think that? The front office gave him a number. He didn't like it, and held out. The team didn't budge. He struggled most of the games so far. Why do you feel all of a sudden we're going to up the price on this guy? I saw some say he "Wanted to be a Steeler" so would come down on price. If that's the case, where was he during training camp? I don't see him putting up any better stats this year than last, and we obviously had a big pricetag argument based on those numbers.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote