Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

View Poll Results: Are we better than we were in 2010 when we lost to Green Bay?
Yes 9 32.14%
No 12 42.86%
The same 7 25.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2012, 04:55 PM   #21
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,397 Times in 3,686 Posts
Default Re: This years steelers better than the 2010 steelers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by truesteelerfan View Post
I love that we're having this conversation about our team being potentially as good as a team that lost the SB, but with a better O - when just 2 weeks ago, so many people were saying we're done - finished 6-10 etc....

Go Steelers!!!!
The media had some splaining to do after RGIII was going to be inducted into Canton before Thanksgiving and then put up 12 points in Pittsburgh - so it is not only his receivers to blame but that the Steelers suddenly are great

If the Steelers lose by more than 7 to the Giants the media will have them back in the dumpster
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:52 PM   #22
nikstar
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15652

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
The media had some splaining to do after RGIII was going to be inducted into Canton before Thanksgiving and then put up 12 points in Pittsburgh - so it is not only his receivers to blame but that the Steelers suddenly are great

If the Steelers lose by more than 7 to the Giants the media will have them back in the dumpster
Deservedly so. If the Steelers can't atleast put up a good fight against the Giants they are just another 4-4 team looking up at their division leader hoping for a wildcard spot. I agree with the previous posters saying that the only way this team has a chance is a late season winning spurt, coupled with getting our injured players back, not taking anymore serious injuries and stepping it up in the playoffs.
nikstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:04 PM   #23
BlaZeQuietly
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 18219

I agree a steeler victory on the road against the giants would put them up in the top 5, I'm really liking Haley's playbook, I'm glad im not constantly hearing "oh no! is ben okay!?.... nows hes sprinting down the field with a horrible limp! and down he goes again!". Taking the pressure off big beg has unleashed the most dominating powerful unbeatable iron bowling ball of inertia heading for the bowling pins (giants, ravens, etc.)
Old 10-31-2012, 11:34 PM   #24
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,053 Times in 3,367 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
Excuse me while I attempt to diarrhea all in my own mouth. That's what I literally feel like doing everytime I think of Mendy's fumble. We had them boys.
that's more david johnson's fault than anything, mendy barely had time to take the exchange before he was hit. most rb's would fumble in that case
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:47 AM   #25
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,768 Times in 2,249 Posts
My Mood: Fine

"David Johnson as 'The Blocker.' And David Johnson is going to find out, that being a Blocker is harder than it looks. David Johnson Derp de derp de tweetely toe."

I'VE GOT SOME YOUTHFUL ADJUSTMENTS FOR 'DAT AZZ
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #26
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,927 Times in 779 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
that's more david johnson's fault than anything, mendy barely had time to take the exchange before he was hit. most rb's would fumble in that case
Yep. Not blaming that on Mendy whatsoever. Legs pulled pathetically too and whiffed on either Raji or Matthews I believe, not sure since I never could watch that play more than twice. We were goin in for the lead if one of those 2 defenders were atleast nudged or chipped.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #27
LayingTheWoodley56
Starter

Member Number: 19023

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
From what we have witnessed so far do you think this team is better than the one who lost to the packers in the superbowl? I don't think theres any doubt we are better than last years team, but record aside, are we better than the 2010 team who lost to green bay in the SB?

I think so heres why:
1. Ben is protected
2. Receivers a bit older with a bit more experience (minus ward)
3 Deeper at the running back position once mendes back (looks like we might not even need him)
4. Haleys style of play call

The only thing I can't say is't much better is our defense overall, its about the same.

I'm sorry, but there is no way this defense has proven itself as being even close to as good as the 2010 defense was. Troy was the defensive POY that year, and he's missed all but one game this year. The 2010 rush defense allowed just 62.8 YPG, good for third in NFL HISTORY and a Steelers franchise record. There is no comparison on the defensive side of the ball.

I would argue that this year's offense is on its way to trumping the '10 offense, in all of the ways you listed. Now let's hope this year's squad can get to the same place as 2010's and do them one better.
LayingTheWoodley56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #28
LayingTheWoodley56
Starter

Member Number: 19023

And wasn't the wide majority of this board losing their minds over this team's performance as recently as 2 weeks ago? I wasn't one of them (we lost three games we could have easily won by a combined 18 points, and the Denver game was a lot closer than 31-19 may indicate), but for people to now being saying that this year's team is better than one that was a drive away from winning a Super Bowl is a pretty shocking 180. Don't get me wrong, because I think this year's team has that potential in spite of a somewhat sluggish start - don't forget last year's Giants were 7-7 at one point. We are getting hot at the right time and I think we're going to be set up at 6-3 going into a huge matchup with the Ratbirds.
LayingTheWoodley56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:03 PM   #29
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,774 Times in 4,299 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

I think they have potential to be better. Offense is a lot better, but we'll have to see if this Defense can improve and bring it together. A healthy Troy, Clark, Harrison, and Woodley playing together by the end of the season would be nice.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:35 PM   #30
lardlad
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10897
My Mood: Amazed

Not going to vote because I am not sure. One thing we are really missing is big plays from our D. If they get their hands on the ball more often or get offenses going backward. The D was so good then, and now the O is much better. It's a close one. More big plays on D and we get to the play offs.

What happens when Ben fully buys into this offense? They will be air tight.
lardlad is offline   Reply With Quote