Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-08-2006, 06:56 PM   #11
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,026 Times in 4,565 Posts
Default Re: Bengals: Who Dey gonna call?

drunk bengalfans will call and report any steelerfan who cheers. and without a trial or jury an innocent steelerfan will be thrown out of a seat he paid $100-$200 bucks for by a $7/ hour rent-a-pig.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:06 PM   #12
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Make sure you have that number handy when you're in line for the bathroom and the BunGal fans won't let you in because you're wearing Black and Gold.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:12 PM   #13
Ohio Steeler
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2142

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanjoecoop
Who dey? Now you can call and tell them! They think the away team fans are the problem??? I think they will be surprised at what they see...

Getting tough on boorish fans
Call 381-JERK: Team can zoom in, cancel tickets

BY BARRETT J. BRUNSMAN / ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER

If you act like a jerk at Paul Brown Stadium this Sunday, somebody with better manners could end up in your seat for the rest of the Bengals' home games.

All it would take is a phone call.

The football team has set up a telephone hot line - 513-381-JERK (5375) - that fans with cell phones will be able to call to report obnoxious behavior in the stands.

Those who use excessive foul language will be warned. If they persist, they risk being ejected from the game and having their season tickets and seat licenses revoked. Those who behave worse might also be arrested and jailed.

The Bengals won't target a fan who lets an expletive slip should quarterback Carson Palmer be sacked or a pass intended for wide receiver Chad Johnson be intercepted, said Bob Bedinghaus, the team's director of development for Paul Brown Stadium.

"We're not going to be the curse police. You need to understand you're coming to an NFL football game," Bedinghaus said. "On the other hand, we want to make sure that we're paying attention to those folks who are going over the line."

The stadium's 38 video cameras will enable security officials to focus on people who are reported to the jerk line.

Some of the more than 500 security and police officers who work each game will respond.

"We have more than enough cameras to zoom in on every position in the seating bowl - close enough that we can clearly get photographic images of the people sitting there," Bedinghaus said.

Beer is fueling the problem, fans have complained to team officials. It has escalated in the past three years, as more young adults have packed the stadium because of the Bengals' improved performance.

"They were complaints (of) excessive drunkenness. People that were kind of falling down drunk," Bedinghaus said. "And there were some fights last year. Whenever you put 65,000 people together, you're always going to have some fights. But there were a few more than normal."

Drunks have offended people such as Jeanie Dittrich of West Chester, who took her son, Austin, 12, to the January playoff game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

"All he wanted for Christmas was a playoff ticket," said Dittrich, 42, a season ticket-holder who usually goes to games with her husband, Gary, 44.

Her son had never attended a game at Paul Brown Stadium.

"We told him beforehand, 'You might see some drunk people, you might hear some F-words and swearing.' But at the game, I thought, 'Oh, my gosh, I'm going to mar my son for the rest of his life by having him come to this game.' It was so bad."

Usually, she said, people who sit near her along a goal line in the lower section don't act that way. But many of them apparently had sold their tickets - to people who were wearing Pittsburgh jerseys.

DRUNK FROM THE START

"At kickoff time, people were just sloppy drunk," Dittrich said. "I was really concerned for my son to see all this."

Security removed some people in front of them, she said. A woman next to Dittrich kept spilling beer on her. "And there was some inebriated guy next to my son. And he kept just swearing, and then he kept apologizing to him. And he helped start one of the fights."

The Bengals hope the hot line will curb such boorish behavior, as well as people who throw things in the stands or onto the field.

Bedinghaus said unruly fans have been an issue nationwide and that Paul Brown Stadium is more fan-friendly than most.

But "one thing that has been a consistent problem ... for the last three or four years is the issue of foul language at football games," Bedinghaus said.

The Bengals will notify season ticket-holders this week about the jerk line and the consequences of misbehaving. The team also plans to produce a video that will air during home games to tout the hot line.

According to the National Football League, it's up to the 32 teams to deal with unruly fans. Policies and procedures vary by stadium.

The team expects some crank calls to the jerk line.

"You can get a lot of abuse with these things," Bedinghaus said. "If you get 6,000 people calling this line - 'Hey, Ben Roethlisberger is a jerk' - then it becomes less effective. The thing to remember is we have caller ID on this line. So if you're crank calling, we are going to be able to ID who you are."

Dittrich said she and her husband will continue to go to Bengals games. While leery about taking any of her four children, she welcomes the hot line to report jerks.

"I would definitely use it if I saw cause for it," she said. "I'm glad they're rethinking the whole alcohol issue and trying to get people to be smarter about it."

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...WS01/608080325

LMAO to funny
Old 08-08-2006, 07:13 PM   #14
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
i make a pledge to all steelerfans to call 513-381-JERK (5375) every time chad johnson scores at a cinci homegame.
*raising and waving hand*

I'll do it, I'll do it! I'll be laughing so darn hard while I'm placing the call, but it will be fun as hell doing it...(lol)!
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:15 PM   #15
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me
Make sure you have that number handy when you're in line for the bathroom and the BunGal fans won't let you in because you're wearing Black and Gold.
Just shove those BunGal fans outta the way, stillers, and then call 513-381-JERK (5375). Wouldn't it be fun?
Old 08-09-2006, 12:25 AM   #16
Tankus_Maximus
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 519

I can't believe what I'm reading....my god. A jerk-hotline? Are they f'ing serious?? God, and I thought their fans were lil bitches. Now I know the entire franchise is a big ol' sister-hood of menstruating pansies.

Just another reason to stay outta pinche cincy.

"I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me." -Rorschach
Tankus_Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 03:42 AM   #17
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
Helping the Fans
Call 381-DIAPER: Team can zoom in, give you a diaper
Associated Press

If you shit your pants after watching your QB fall to the ground like a ton of bricks or witnessing a wide receiver throw a long bomb to another wide receiver on a trick play during the playoffs (that's if we make the playoffs) at Paul Brown Stadium this year, there is help.

All it would take is a phone call.

The football team has set up a telephone hot line - 513-381-DIAPER (5375) - that fans with cell phones will be able to call to report "accidents".

Those who shit themselves will be given one diaper. If they persist, they will be given two for each quarter of football. Those who simply can't control themselves will be asked to leave.

The Bengals will target fans who tend to let something "slip out" should quarterback Carson Palmer be sacked or a pass intended for wide receiver Chad Johnson be intercepted, said Bob Bedinghaus, the team's director of development for Paul Brown Stadium.

"We're not going to be the shit police. You need to understand you're coming to an NFL football game," Bedinghaus said. "On the other hand, we want to make sure that we're paying attention to those folks who are unable to control themselves after watching this team fail time and time again."

The stadium's 38 video cameras will enable security officials to focus on people who are reported to the diaper line.

Some of the more than 500 security and police officers who work each game will respond.

"We have more than enough cameras to zoom in on every position in the seating bowl - close enough that we can clearly get photographic images of the people sitting there and shitting themselves," Bedinghaus said.

Beer and spicey food is fueling the problem, fans have complained to team officials. It has escalated in the past three years, as more young adults have packed the stadium because of the Bengals' improved performance.

"They were complaints (of) excessive diarrhea. People that were shitting all over themselves and surrounding fans," Bedinghaus said. "And there were some fights last year. Whenever you put 65,000 people together who ride the bandwagon and have problems controlling their bodily functions, you're always going to have some fights. But there were a few more than normal."

People with extensive diarrhea problems have offended people such as Jeanie Dittrich of West Chester, who took her son, Austin, 12, to the January playoff game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

"All he wanted for Christmas was a playoff ticket," said Dittrich, 42, a season ticket-holder who usually goes to games with her husband, Gary, 44.

Her son had never attended a game at Paul Brown Stadium.

"We told him beforehand, 'You might see some people who tend to shit themselves when this team losses, you might hear some F-words and swearing.' But at the game, I thought, 'Oh, my gosh, I'm going to mar my son for the rest of his life by having him come to this game.' It was so bad."

Usually, she said, people who sit near her along a goal line in the lower section don't act that way. But many of them apparently had sold their tickets - to people who were wearing Pittsburgh jerseys.

DRUNK FROM THE START

"At kickoff time, people were just shitting everywhere," Dittrich said. "I was really concerned for my son to see all this."

Security removed some people in front of them, she said. A woman next to Dittrich kept shitting on her. "And there was some inebriated guy next to my son. And he kept just swearing after he realized he shit himself, and then he kept apologizing to him. And he helped start one of the fights."

The Bengals hope the hot line will curb such boorish behavior, as well as people who throw things in the stands or onto the field.

Bedinghaus said unruly fans have been an issue nationwide and that Paul Brown Stadium is more fan-friendly than most simply because Steeler fans have been packing that stadium for the last fifteen years.

But "one thing that has been a consistent problem ... for the last three or four years is the amount of bandwagon fans who all of sudden decided they were true football fans. It's pretty pathetic," Bedinghaus said.

The Bengals will notify season ticket-holders this week about the diaper line and the consequences of misbehaving. The team also plans to produce a video that will air during home games to tout the hot line.

According to the National Football League, it's up to the 32 teams to deal with unruly fans. Policies and procedures vary by stadium.

The team expects some crank calls to the diaper line.

"You can get a lot of abuse with these things," Bedinghaus said. "If you get 6,000 people calling this line - 'Hey, Ben Roethlisberger whooped our ass' - then it becomes less effective. The thing to remember is we have caller ID on this line. So if you're crank calling, we are going to be able to ID who you are."

Dittrich said she and her husband will continue to go to Bengals games as long as they are winning. While leery about taking any of her four children, she welcomes the hot line to report "accidents".

"I would definitely use it if I saw cause for it," she said. "I'm glad they're rethinking the whole shitting in your pants issue and trying to get people to be smarter about it."
Ha ha ha. You're killing me. :D That was great. Thanks a lot. Keep it up.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:43 PM   #18
Indy_Steelers
Team Captain

Member Number: 1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
so the bengals will crack down on steelerfans who cuss but wont crack down on their own players criminal behavior?

dont make too much sense to me. what a ***** franchise.
Amen! If the worst thing that happens to the Bengals is that they get their a$$ handed to them at home in the playoffs and drunk Stiller fans are rubbing it in, then I would think that would be a good day.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:00 PM   #19
AZ_Steeler
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2700

A funny Bengal related picture taken from profootball.com. I thought it was funny!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg whodey.JPG (6.7 KB, 14 views)
AZ_Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:43 PM   #20
SteelerzGirl
Banned

I heard on DVE on my way home from work today that the Steelers should respond to this with their own telephone hotline: 1-800-JAGOFF.