Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,256
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 1,940
Thanked 6,119 Times in 2,817 Posts
Default Steelers To Sue Pittsburgh-Allegheny County?

Steelers plan to sue in Heinz Field lease dispute

The Steelers are headed to court over a lease dispute with the city-Allegheny County Sports & Exhibition Authority that could jeopardize a plan to add 3,000 more seats at Heinz Field.

The team, through PSSI Stadium LLC, filed notice of its intent to sue Tuesday in Allegheny County Common Pleas Court.

In dispute is a clause in the Steelers' lease at Heinz Field that the team believes obligates the SEA to pay two-thirds of the cost of a "designated expansion" involving no more than 10,000 seats in the south end zone. The team would be responsible for the other third....


http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...ispute-659971/

My guess is the ridiculous deal given to the Rooneys by state and local government when Heinz Field was built probably supports the Steelers position - but with all levels of government broke WTF should the taxpayers further enrich the Rooneys?
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
Darkstorm05
Team Captain
 
Darkstorm05's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 19897
Thanks: 7
Thanked 69 Times in 46 Posts
Default Re: Steelers To Sue Pittsburgh-Allegheny County?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Steelers plan to sue in Heinz Field lease dispute

The Steelers are headed to court over a lease dispute with the city-Allegheny County Sports & Exhibition Authority that could jeopardize a plan to add 3,000 more seats at Heinz Field.

The team, through PSSI Stadium LLC, filed notice of its intent to sue Tuesday in Allegheny County Common Pleas Court.

In dispute is a clause in the Steelers' lease at Heinz Field that the team believes obligates the SEA to pay two-thirds of the cost of a "designated expansion" involving no more than 10,000 seats in the south end zone. The team would be responsible for the other third....


http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...ispute-659971/

My guess is the ridiculous deal given to the Rooneys by state and local government when Heinz Field was built probably supports the Steelers position - but with all levels of government broke WTF should the taxpayers further enrich the Rooneys?
My county taxes got hiked this year anyway, so not like it matters at this point. IMO, if tax money is going to pay for the stadium, people paying those taxes should get discounted tickets.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:55 PM   #3
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Potataho
Posts: 14,037
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 1,572
Thanked 4,666 Times in 1,756 Posts
Default Re: Steelers To Sue Pittsburgh-Allegheny County?

All the have to do is raise taxes the 1%ers, that will fix all problems.
__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
Darkstorm05
Team Captain
 
Darkstorm05's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 19897
Thanks: 7
Thanked 69 Times in 46 Posts
Default Re: Steelers To Sue Pittsburgh-Allegheny County?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
All the have to do is raise taxes the 1%ers, that will fix all problems.
Haha...this county doesn't have any of those.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:58 PM   #5
SteelerJay
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 98
Member Number: 16041
Thanks: 4
Thanked 29 Times in 15 Posts
Wink Re: Steelers To Sue Pittsburgh-Allegheny County?

greedy bastards...after what this city has done for this team

fans calling out players while the team is just as bad
SteelerJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:06 PM   #6
SteelerJay
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 98
Member Number: 16041
Thanks: 4
Thanked 29 Times in 15 Posts
Wink Re: Steelers To Sue Pittsburgh-Allegheny County?

greedy bastards...after what this city has done for this team

fans calling out players while the team is just as bad
SteelerJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:22 PM   #7
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,158
Member Number: 5792
Thanks: 7
Thanked 327 Times in 158 Posts
Default Re: Steelers To Sue Pittsburgh-Allegheny County?

well. IDK. If you want to know the truth, the Steelers owners could double ticket prices and it would hardly effect attendance if any at all. There would be thousands in line to pay $140 for uppers and $180 for lowers if the Steelers did this. Just check the secondary market and you'll see. Sure there's a couple of games each year that are reasonable, but 5 or 6 games a year fetch double or even triple face.

If the Steelers wanted to instead of the 5 or 6% the season tickets go up every 2 or 3 years, they could just add $50 per ticket starting next year and put another $3 or 4 million in their pocket each year. If they wanted to pump more revenue in they could drop another 20k seats and still fill it.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:55 AM   #8
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach
 
Millers the sh!t's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Western MA
Posts: 1,225
Gender: Male
Member Number: 22201
Thanks: 182
Thanked 438 Times in 264 Posts
My Mood: Cheeky
Default Re: Steelers To Sue Pittsburgh-Allegheny County?

The rich don't get and stay rich by spending all their money without seeing if they can spend someone else's first. If they are leasing the stadium that means they don't own it. It's kind of like spending your own money to renovate an apartment..... I'm sure if thousands of more seats were built, the lease will go up anyways....

I'm from mass and Robert kraft was trying to get $ from the state and federal stimulation bills to improve the stadiums for free or next to nothing...
__________________
Mike tomlin equals one dimensional offense, and lack of fundamentals, which equals consistent losses to inferior teams, lack of discipline and injuries.
Millers the sh!t is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:36 AM   #9
maddog78
Assistant Coach
 
maddog78's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,047
Member Number: 24321
Thanks: 45
Thanked 271 Times in 161 Posts
Default Re: Steelers To Sue Pittsburgh-Allegheny County?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
well. IDK. If you want to know the truth, the Steelers owners could double ticket prices and it would hardly effect attendance if any at all. There would be thousands in line to pay $140 for uppers and $180 for lowers if the Steelers did this. Just check the secondary market and you'll see. Sure there's a couple of games each year that are reasonable, but 5 or 6 games a year fetch double or even triple face.

If the Steelers wanted to instead of the 5 or 6% the season tickets go up every 2 or 3 years, they could just add $50 per ticket starting next year and put another $3 or 4 million in their pocket each year. If they wanted to pump more revenue in they could drop another 20k seats and still fill it.
That secondary market is how many out of 60,000 tickets? A few hundred?
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:45 AM   #10
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter
 
Vis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SC
Posts: 7,483
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5117
Thanks: 584
Thanked 4,506 Times in 2,289 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Steelers To Sue Pittsburgh-Allegheny County?

How can anyone comment on a dispute about the obligations of parties under the terms of a contract without seeing the contract?
__________________


All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts