Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-05-2012, 12:18 AM   #71
JVip
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24397
My Mood: Psychedelic
Default Re: Bad Officiating Could Cost Us this Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by defence View Post
You are bang on. Sims was saying the fumble was coming back; then on the commercial break; he back tracked all the way. It's a disgusting display of officiating and i'm astonished we won this game. the refs gave the Giants 11 points from crap calls(believe me i would love to use another word). How about Tomlin having to challenge a 1st down by Cruz when everyone in the stadium could see he ran back on his own. I just hope something like this doesn't happen again; especially in a playoff game. And the NFL has to start to hold these guys accountable!!

I thought they added a part in the refs cba where they would be graded on their officiating, if they didn't grade well they would lose the privledge to officiate certain high profile games. I know this was a sticking point in negotations, but I don't know when or if this will happen.
JVip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:53 AM   #72
JVip
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24397
My Mood: Psychedelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
i think everyone has a right to b*tch this time around - these were not fly-by-night calls that didn't matter - the 3 big ones within minutes of each other, each and all could have had game-changing (losing) consequences.
And another thing - these weren't "borderline" calls. They just did NOT happen.
I don't mind seeing everyone blowing off steam tonight. Good reason to.

We'll just have to see what the NFL and ESPN talk shows of the world have to say about it tomorrow morning (if anything at all....) lol

NFL network is all "yes" men that are the worst in the business. I am sure they don't want overlord Goodell there twisting panties because they called out the refs on the horendous officiating. ESPN is way better for pointing out officiating bungles. Plus they actually have a few qualified journalists at ESPN, as opposed to people like Sapp who are not well spoken and talk out of their rectum a majority of the time.
JVip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:08 AM   #73
torpedoshell31
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24438

I was hoping that Ben would re-enact the scene from the "Longest Yard" and drill Bill Leavy where it hurts. What a great win for the Steelers who totally dominated the Giants. If the game would have been called fairly we win by something like 27-6.
torpedoshell31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:00 AM   #74
Terminator
Team Captain

Member Number: 24492

It was very painful watching that 1st quarter. I felt like the NFL wanted the Giants to win so badly for the great media story. Hard not to believe that was the case.

Our defense stepped up bigtime in the 4th quarter.
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:13 AM   #75
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,624 Times in 813 Posts

This is the sad hypocracy of it all. if those guys were replacement refs, the media and fans would be all over them. But they made crappy calls that cost the Steelers 11 points and get paid$150,000 a year for a part time job.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #76
defence
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 19128

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
This is the sad hypocracy of it all. if those guys were replacement refs, the media and fans would be all over them. But they made crappy calls that cost the Steelers 11 points and get paid$150,000 a year for a part time job.
150 000 a year!!! Where do I sign up!!! The way that game was officiated; I'm sure I can do an equal job. One request; I only want to do Ravens and Patriots games if they want me to ref like that!!
defence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #77
TheVet
Assistant Coach

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion!
Member Number: 24040

This isn't just a few Steelers fans griping - lots of football people saw the same thing that we all saw.

The NFL needs to come out with some sort of statement regarding the officiating in this game. (Although I can't imagine what it would be..) This had all the credibility of the World Wrestling Federation.
TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #78
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,577 Times in 2,375 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVet View Post
This isn't just a few Steelers fans griping - lots of football people saw the same thing that we all saw.

The NFL needs to come out with some sort of statement regarding the officiating in this game. (Although I can't imagine what it would be..) This had all the credibility of the World Wrestling Federation.
no kidding, if the refs were any more biased they'd be trying to knock down roethlisberger passes or trying to tackle redman... well maybe not the latter.
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #79
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by defence View Post
150 000 a year!!! Where do I sign up!!! The way that game was officiated; I'm sure I can do an equal job. One request; I only want to do Ravens and Patriots games if they want me to ref like that!!

The new eight-year contract -- the longest ever for officials, according to the NFL -- gives the union referees a pay bump from $149,000 a year in 2011 to $173,000 in 2013. The pay will rise to $205,000 by 2019

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/09/29/sp...act/index.html
Old 11-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #80
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

This is another example that I wish the NFL didnt give in to the refs. They aren't much better than the replacements were.

NFL: Officials made bad call on DeAngelo Williams TD
Carolina Panthers running back DeAngelo Williams was on his way to a 30-yard touchdown on homecoming weekend against the Washington Redskins when a referee blew an inadvertent whistle.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...lo-williams-td