Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 11-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #21
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: Game Ball VS Giants

we're giving game balls, but its time to name "goats" now too.

Goats : The officiating crew

-should be ashamed of themselves for the 3 huge calls, all within minutes of each other in the first half, that were completely made up "on the fly".
The officiating is supposed to be reviewed the following week in NFL league offices - just like all contact hits on the field are. They should get a stern "warning" for this performance.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #22
ZoneBlitzer
Team President

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Mellow

The secondary and honorable mention to Dick LeBeau.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #23
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

I'd say it's a tie between Redman and Manny.

But had the Giants won, the game ball should have gone to Bill Leavy.
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #24
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 14,838 Times in 6,090 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Redman is Digest Player of Week

Bob Labriola
Steelers Digest

Coming into the game, the Steelers were thin at the position, with both Rashard Mendenhall and Jonathan Dwyer inactive because of injuries. Baron Batch was going to be limited because of a shin injury, and during the game Chris Rainey was lost to an injury to his ribs.

Isaac Redman was coming off an injury himself that had kept him out of the game against the Redskins, and so it wasnít known how much of a load he might be able to assume.

But Isaac Redman was up for the challenge, and he finished with 26 carries for 147 yards and the touchdown that gave the Steelers a 24-20 lead over the New York Giants with 4:02 left in the fourth quarter. He also broke off a 28-yard run right at the two-minute warning to allow the Steelers to take a knee three straight times and close out the game.

Redman is the Steelers Digest Player of the Week.

Also considered were: Ike Taylor, who had seven tackles and an interception that set up the Steelersí first touchdown; Lawrence Timmons, who had three tackles and a sack that forced a Giants punt; LaMarr Woodley, who had two tackles, a sack and a forced fumble that forced the Giants to punt to the Steelers in the final minutes; Ben Roethlisberger, who completed 70 percent of his passes for 216 yards and two touchdowns; Rainey, who had three kickoff returns for 149 yards; and Mike Wallace, whose 51-yard catch-and-run early in the fourth quarter sparked the Steelersí comeback.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...3-ea80f3f2000e
Old 11-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #25
JWashington
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24487

O-line did a great job for Redman, but he did some incredilble running especially after initial contact. Red was the man. I think he'd have had even more had the coaches not gotten a little too cute in the first half.
JWashington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #26
btaylor179
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15251

o line is playing well........DO NOT OVERLOOK THE CHIEFS
btaylor179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #27
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,148 Times in 863 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by btaylor179 View Post
o line is playing well........DO NOT OVERLOOK THE CHIEFS
Anything could happen in Arrowhead but we're in the Steel City baby!

34-6 Steelers!

BTW: Gameball to Red and the Steelers o-line. Also thought our corners stepped up their game, hard. Lewis will be our next cover-corner once Ike steps down.

That 2-3 start and those loss's to the Raiders and Titans look like a milenia ago!

HERE WE GO.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #28
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886
Thanked 1,281 Times in 628 Posts

This was one of those Wins Ive been waiting to see

Instead of everybody chipping in to help us lose....they all chipped in to help us get the W today

Great team effort in the face of yet again more injuries and the schemes of that punk Goodell

If I had to give a game ball, it would probably be Redman...it was clear he was hurting out there....but fought through it and put in a stand out performance

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #29
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Redman and method man. Defense gets a piece of the ball and 4/5's of the O-line gets a big bite too. Didn't like to see Ben lose his cool for a moment and desperately throw the ball into quad coverage for a pick. The run game carried us through the whole night until we picked up the victory. Great job Redman, I'm glad the Steelers have a run game going that can move the chains and make defenses start respekonizing. I love Haley, Offense did a complete 180 from last season, and the team is starting to come together on offense, defense, and special teams. If we could stop the penalties on S.Teams will will be great IMO.

I feel We will go deep into the playoffs if we can keep improving. The forecast seems bright and sunny for this winter.

I'm glad we picked off a victory on the road against a top tier team. Very fulfilling. I hope we don't take KC easy this week. Let's keep it moving and play against Balt with a streak under out belts and full of momentum.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:03 PM   #30
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 25,640 Times in 10,397 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Ryan Clark.

His hit on Cruz (the one where he was flagged for hitting Cruz's helmet, but somehow bruised Cruz's ribs instead) set the tone. For the REST of the game, Cruz played scared. I saw at least three dropped balls, where Cruz was turning & looking for the hit (instead of actually catching the ball).

A close second was Keenan Lewis, who batted away many passes, which helped keep those two dynamic WRs in check.

Third would be Ike... and anyone else who played in the secondary, for the same reason as Lewis: keeping the NYGiants' offense to 3 yards per offensive play.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote