Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-09-2006, 05:32 AM   #21
Steel Pit
Banned

Member Number: 2140
Default Re: espn questioning bens skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19ward86
i was watching espn and they started to talk about bens amazing rookie season. and u know that the guys on there never agree so one thing lead to another and they started talking about how ben only had a good '04 season because steelers had a great defense and a dominant running game. i was thinking that that was half true.yes our defense was fantastic but our running game was anything except dominant. bettis(the starter) had 941 yards rushing and a 3.8 ypc. not bad for a guy that weighs 250. but i dont count that dominant.
Here's the proven fact. During Cowher's tenure with the Steelers he has nearly always had a great running game and great defense. MANY of his previous defensive untis and running games were far better than those of the 04 team. Did those great defenses and running games assist our prior QB's to the point that they won a Super Bowl? The answer is obviously NO.

The Steelers prior QB's such as Neil O'Donnell, Mike Tomzcak, Kordell Stewart, and Tommy Maddox were not able to get it done even though the team had a great defense and running game. The fact remains that Ben is the man that got the Steelers over the hump and he would have done the same for any team that may have drafted him.
Steel Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 10:17 AM   #22
BigBen2WardPITT
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 551

we had a good running game, duh thats how it is, but it doesnt make ben any worse. Sure, most of the year he didnt put up peyton manning numbers but he didnt need to! We had the game won already! this could change a little bit this year, he might put up more numbers because they might want him to or they might be forced to to have him pass more.
BigBen2WardPITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 10:22 AM   #23
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

The Steelers get no respect at all. Most anyone of my friends from opposing NFL teams have all told me Ben is "no good" all the typical crap we all hear. I know what I know and that is all I have to know.
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 10:32 AM   #24
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

When hasn't ESPN and the so-called "experts" questioned this team? Nevermind Ben. Just the team in general? The only time I heard those sarcastic suits not question this team was when the jumbotron inside Fords Field read "Steelers: 21 Seahawks: 10 / 4th Quarter / Time: 00:00" and that's when the majority of these "experts" started to state that they knew it all along.

Let them talk and have their little predictions.....we will just show them up once again. Screw'em.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:03 AM   #25
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

I don't take stuff like this seriously. It's just another excuse for the so-called "experts" to put down the Steelers because we take care of business the old-fashioned way - tough, physical, punch-your-opponent-in-the-mouth football. So when we win it all again this year, it'll be even sweeter, because once again, we'll have proved the doubters wrong.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:46 PM   #26
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca
Ffffffft. If there's no controversy, their job is to create one.

Ben, like every other qb in the league, is on "what have you done for me lately" time. I have all the confidence in the world that a month from now those guys are going to pretend they never said those words, because this guy's the real deal. He loves to win and has the tools and the attitude and the smarts.

Tom
There you have it - in a nutshell. We know what Ben can do, but most importantly, so do his teammates and his coaches. The total confidence they have shown in Ben has only enhanced his own self-confidence and drive to be the best he can be. It doesn't get any better than that.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:52 PM   #27
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

The Steelers have always been "the hated" (except by their huge fan base) for as long as I can remember...nothing new here.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:58 PM   #28
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by floodcitygirl
The Steelers have always been "the hated" (except by their huge fan base) for as long as I can remember...nothing new here.
Very true. This season we're the hunted instead of the hunter and with this team, I believe they will revel in it!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:13 PM   #29
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

These guys from ESPN are just talking out of their asses as usual. Just more crap to motivate Ben.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 01:45 PM   #30
siss
Team Captain

Member Number: 1611

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFanInCA
These guys from ESPN are just talking out of their asses as usual. Just more crap to motivate Ben.
Exactly!
Don't they know that this is the kinda that motivates him instead of discourages him!

He's ready, Steelers fans. His ordeal over, his return will be complete come Saturday in Arizona, when football again becomes the focus and a career briefly interrupted resumes.
~SI aticle 2006~
siss is offline   Reply With Quote