Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-04-2012, 06:51 AM   #1
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 4,579 Times in 2,323 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Gameday Predictions - at Giants

I have no idea what today will bring with the travel issues, etc... Remember, Sandy will have messed with the Giants all week.

Stab in the dark: 24-20 Steelers

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:18 AM   #2
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,139 Times in 2,828 Posts
Default Re: Gameday Predictions - at Giants

Giants 27 - Steelers 20

This is the best offense and defensive line the Steelers have faced this year
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #3
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Giants 37 - Steelers 23

I just can't see our defense, which has been hugely suspect and transparent much more often than not, holding/containing the Giants offense. Wouldn't surprise me to see the Giants put up even more than 40. Hope not and i'd love to see Pittsburgh surprise me, but thats where i'm at right now.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:39 AM   #4
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,201 Times in 505 Posts

I can't gage this one. I seriously don't know what team will show up, on either side for that matter. The Giants are battling a National tragedy, coming off an emotional win against Dallas and is riding a 4 game winning streak. The Steelers NEED a signature win and know it.

Steelers 28, Giants 24
Old 11-04-2012, 07:41 AM   #5
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
I can't gage this one. I seriously don't know what team will show up, on either side for that matter. The Giants are battling a National tragedy, coming off an emotional win against Dallas and is riding a 4 game winning streak. The Steelers NEED a signature win and know it.

Steelers 28, Giants 24
the "weather tragedy" thing puts the emotional backing clearly on the Giants. This is when teams always seem to "overcome all odds" and achieve victory. Thats why i have the Giants on top in this one with a huge emotional win today (combined with our shoddy defense).
Hope not, but the odds and history are on their side, big time.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:42 AM   #6
btaylor179
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15251

yea our dbs wont be able to cover those wrs......gmen 31 steelers 20 hope like hell im wrong
btaylor179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #7
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,201 Times in 505 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
the "weather tragedy" thing puts the emotional backing clearly on the Giants. This is when teams always seem to "overcome all odds" and achieve victory. Thats why i have the Giants on top in this one with a huge emotional win today (combined with our shoddy defense).
I never buy into the "overcome all odds" moniker when a tragedy hits. When the Giants themselves are saying "We will win this one for N.Y to look to something good.." then they are incredibly putting even more pressure on themselves to win.

They could try way too hard to make plays and we're not a good team to force things upon. We're hitting our stride. It's football, hopefully we can catch them in an overconfident moment. That said, it could go either way. I'm not expecting to win like I would going against a team like Cleveland, but I do think we will put up a fight and the chances at coming away with a W are quite large considering our own hole we dug by ourselves from a FOOTBALL standpoint. We're dangerous in that regard, Hurricane withstanding.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #8
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

We lose by 13. Should be more but we score a td in garbage time.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:30 AM   #9
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,139 Times in 2,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
IMO it will be more the shoddy defense being exposed than any "win one for the storm victims" message that the NFL's cheerleaders may be selling today

Teams playing games doesn't help relief efforts; donating money does

We always want to make the games part of the relief effort, as if they’re being played for the victims. They’re not. They never have been and never will be. Of course there have been bad times before this when we all wanted to buy into the romantic conceit that our teams and our athletes can somehow make us feel that we’re all in something together. We’re not. Even at their best, they’re just games....

Do sports offer a few hours of relief from the pictures we keep seeing on television? Sure. People lucky enough to have Knicks tickets were happy to see their team play well. Carmelo Anthony, who had a big night, talked about how the Knicks had done that. And that is all they did, and all sports ever does....

“It’s all right for sports to make you glad.”

It was all right for the Knicks to do that, will be all right for the Giants to do that. One of the best things about the New York Marathon being cancelled is that we are spared from listening to announcers spend the day telling us What It All Means, as if the running of this race had anything to do with the tragedies of Sandy. Football announcers should keep that in mind today, starting with the ones working the Giants-Steelers game.

Everybody will be asked to pause and reflect about the victims of Sandy today when the business of the National Football League goes on at MetLife Stadium. Then the games will go on. They always do, sometimes sooner rather than later.
They’re just not part of the relief effort.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/lu...icle-1.1196399
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:33 AM   #10
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Man. A lot of doubters today. I think we just played our first complete game last week. Although it was against a weak D. The Giants D isn't that great this year either. I think it's kind of high scoring. 30-24 Steelers.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote