Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #31
TheVet
Assistant Coach

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion!
Member Number: 24040
Default Re: Doing much better w/o Marcus Gilbert in the line up?

Gilbert was playing quite badly this year before his injury; it was a disappointing regression from his rookie year. Although Adams has been beaten a number of times in pass blocking, I haven't seen any drop-off at all vs. Gilbert. Gilbert has been beaten fairly regularly, and he seemed to be the weakest link in the starting line. Adams is also a better run blocker than Gilbert. Most importantly, Adams seems to be consistently trying to give his best; not so much with Gilbert.

Hopefully Adams will get lots of reps, and we can all watch his growth as a player. Meanwhile, the coaches need to deal with whatever is happening with Gilbert's head, and get him back on track.
TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #32
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,321 Times in 3,490 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
Man, I wish I could see what you guys see in Adams. I honestly don't see anything positive out of this guy. All I ever see is a guy who routinely misses his assignment and if there ain't a TE in there to support him then I see Ben getting sacked or dancing to avoid a sack. I think Adams needs a full season under his belt before I even start to trust this guy.
i'm sure gilbert would have gotten beat a couple times by JPP and tuck as well. they aren't the kind of players you can erase from the stat sheet. this is something adams can take as a learning experience and get better from
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #33
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

We actually generated more pressure on Eli than the Giants did on Ben... Who can honestly say they saw that coming at the beginning of the season? Or even just a couple weeks ago?
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #34
TheVet
Assistant Coach

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion!
Member Number: 24040

Colon has made a big difference the past three games. He's playing great right now!

I gotta admit, I was losing faith in Willie over the first 5 games. The talent and aggression was always there, but he was just killing the team with his ridiculous penalties and inability to learn the snap count. When Pouncey was down, I remember jokingly thinking "Well, we know that OT isn't his natural position, and it looks like he's not gonna cut it at OG - so let's try him at center!"

But something seems to have clicked for Willie, the way we were all hoping it would back in training camp when he moved to OG!
TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #35
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,928 Times in 4,524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
That post got me fired up Tony. I can't wait for next weeks game.

But I think Greenland has the ice, not Iceland.
even better then... they are like wooly mammoth captaining viking ship beasts. ironic that iceland is covered in green and greenland is covered in ice. who $#%^ed that one up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Not since Bruce Arians invented global warming as part of his evil plot to melt Greenland's ice and erradicate the world of BEASTLY Run Blocking O linemen. I'm surprised he hasnt tied a damsel to a railway track yet.
...completely BEASTLY!

im not talking about "Beauty and the Beast" or the creature from "Where the Wild Things Are, or Snuffaluppagus beast, or even the strange giant red hairy monster that looks like a lineman from the 50's in the bugs bunny cartoons...

Im talking about some 40 feet long, prehistoric deep sea beast that has not yet been seen by human eyes.

not make believe beasts like loch ness monster, sasquatch, or chupacabra.

straight up BEAST! (hell, even Malecki is a beast in waiting).