Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #21
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,455 Times in 650 Posts
Default Re: Ben says it was an Incomplete Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Before I comment further, think about this:
BB routinely pump-fakes the ball.

Here is what I see:

1. JPP hits BB's arm, and the ball dislodges slightly. 2. BB regains control. 3. As BB's arm continues to move forward, he decides not to pass... but, the ball comes out anyway.

Summation:
A pump-fake that turned into an INC pass.

Look at it closely, and at the very end, think "pump fake." It clearly looks like a pump-fake to me.
OK, I get what you're saying but Ben is known for his one-handed pump fake (which is why it works so well) and maybe it was his intention to do just that.
But to me it looked as if he was going to dump a short pass, then got his arm hit and tried to force it and realized he couldn't and then went after the ball.

At best I could say that it was a half-assed attempt at a "tuck" followed by a big, "Oops!", but I can't see a pump fake.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #22
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 22,673 Times in 9,281 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
OK, I get what you're saying but Ben is known for his one-handed pump fake (which is why it works so well) and maybe it was his intention to do just that.
But to me it looked as if he was going to dump a short pass, then got his arm hit and tried to force it and realized he couldn't and then went after the ball.

At best I could say that it was a half-assed attempt at a "tuck" followed by a big, "Oops!", but I can't see a pump fake.
Is this one of those times when one person sees the "old lady" and the other person sees the "young lady"...???

How about this:

BB tries ot go short, but then decides to pull the ball back, because the DB is too close. It would essentially be the same thing: a pump fake... but, with an actual receiver in front of him.

Anyway... I see him swinging his hand back to his body, because he is either going to pump fake or not pass... and the ball comes loose. The important part is: BB had regained control (before he decided to bring it back/decided to pump fake).

But... I could juts be seeing the "young lady"...
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #23
steelbelieve
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 21191

Quote:
Is this one of those times when one person sees the "old lady" and the other person sees the "young lady"...???

How about this:

BB tries ot go short, but then decides to pull the ball back, because the DB is too close. It would essentially be the same thing: a pump fake... but, with an actual receiver in front of him.

Anyway... I see him swinging his hand back to his body, because he is either going to pump fake or not pass... and the ball comes loose. The important part is: BB had regained control (before he decided to bring it back/decided to pump fake).

you're getting too caught up by what his intent was or wasn't. He's in the process of passing the ball, his arm got hit but his arm is now moving forward with the ball in his hand. That's an attempted pass. period. That was an incomplete pass pure and simple and to believe anything else is to unecessarily complicate what was going on there.
steelbelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #24
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbelieve View Post
you're getting too caught up by what his intent was or wasn't. He's in the process of passing the ball, his arm got hit but his arm is now moving forward with the ball in his hand. That's an attempted pass. period. That was an incomplete pass pure and simple and to believe anything else is to unecessarily complicate what was going on there.
Precisely.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #25
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 2,231 Times in 989 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
The NFL admitted the refs made a mistake in the Panthers-Redskins game. I wonder why they haven't said anything about Steelers-Giants?
It wasn't the refs fault, they were just doing their "JOB"
Old 11-06-2012, 11:02 PM   #26
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,455 Times in 650 Posts

Quote:

How about this:

OK, I'll go with that.

It's actually closer to what I was trying to say only you said it better!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #27
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminpa View Post
Um, because it was no mistake.
Well, not all of us have time to watch every Steeler game I guess.

Anyways, since the Steelers won it really doesn't matter. I just find it odd the NFL only acknowledges bad officiating in one game but ignores other games.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #28
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 22,673 Times in 9,281 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Well, not all of us have time to watch every Steeler game I guess.

Anyways, since the Steelers won it really doesn't matter. I just find it odd the NFL only acknowledges bad officiating in one game but ignores other games.
I think that he's trying to say that it wasn't a "mistake"... Goodell INTENDED there to be bad calls. Makes sense?
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #29
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
I think that he's trying to say that it wasn't a "mistake"... Goodell INTENDED there to be bad calls. Makes sense?
Hmm.... good point.

$10 billion dollar fine for you.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote