Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #11
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 14,150 Times in 5,964 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin 4th fastest HC to win 60 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Woodley, Harrison, Mendenhall, Wallace, Brown, Sanders and Pouncey all either had the best years under Tomlin, or the best years are still to come. Much of the 2008 Super Bowl team was the product of Tomlin, and the 2010 team, too. He's a great coach, and the Cowher excuse is worn-out. I can't wait until we win it all again so we can finally put this rubbish to rest.
^^^That^^^

AND, Cowher only won one SuperBowl with "his players"... and took thirteen years to do so. Tomlin did it with "Cowher's players" in only two seasons.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #12
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201

A kegit
Quote:
Woodley, Harrison, Mendenhall, Wallace, Brown, Sanders and Pouncey all either had the best years under Tomlin, or the best years are still to come. Much of the 2008 Super Bowl team was the product of Tomlin, and the 2010 team, too. He's a great coach, and the Cowher excuse is worn-out. I can't wait until we win it all again so we can finally put this rubbish to rest.
I'm still on the fence with tomlin.... The cowher " excuse" is worn thin but it is a legitimate fact. I'm going to be using the next couple years to base my full judgement on tomlin.

He is still young and makes a lot of bad decisions gametime and long term. I think he is weak and has soft spots in his heart, like keeping players on the roster when they ate past their use by dates, most recently that fake FG was an awful decision, keeping Arians on the staff for so long knowing how much of a dead weight he was to the team, his inability to tame Ben, putting him at risk playing injured against niners, and not pulling him when the game was out of his hands etc. Etc. Tomlins still young and learning but no doubt he will be a good-great coach in his career.Im kind of comparing him to Ben coming into the league. Tomlin and Ben have a lot of the necessary skills to be above average but were also surrounded by a lot of talent and experience to make up for any shortcomings. Now that they are coming into their own, keys see what kind of leaders they are....

So, we'll all see what hsppens these next 2-3 seasons....
Old 11-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #13
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
^^^That^^^

AND, Cowher only won one SuperBowl with "his players"... and took thirteen years to do so. Tomlin did it with "Cowher's players" in only two seasons.
Let's now forget that there were a few afccg stolen away from cowher by the cheatriots. No doubt in my mind that if those scumbags weren't cheating to win, wed have at least one more ring and possibly 2 more appearances thAN we have now. We'd be a dynasty for the second time. Don't take that from cowher Man.....
Old 11-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #14
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,844 Times in 2,098 Posts

"In 2005, Bill Cowher won the SB with Chuck Noll's team"

-Tomlin haters logic
Old 11-05-2012, 07:51 PM   #15
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
I think he is weak and has soft spots in his heart, like keeping players on the roster when they ate past their use by dates...
Dude, please. If Cowher were still coaching the Steelers, Porter would STILL be our starting ROLB and Harrison would STILL be riding the pine behind him. Cowher was often enamored with "his guys" and veterans to the detriment of the team while younger and better players sat on the bench.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #16
JWashington
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24487

I don't care who's players they were/are, a Super Bowl victory is not a given for any team in the league. It's already been said the even Cowher only won 1 championship with "his" players. We didn't even make the playoffs the next season, albiet injuries out the ying yang. My point is, to say Tomlin only won because of Cowher is total BS. Nothing's guarenteed in the NFL. Tony Dungy can't take credit for Jon Gruden's Buc's winning the SB, even though they were Tony's players. So What, that's the way it works. Mike T is a master motivator and the players are buying what he's selling, the sign of a great leader.
JWashington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:48 AM   #17
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Much of the 08' team a product of Tomlin? Please explain?
Old 11-06-2012, 02:51 AM   #18
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Dude, please. If Cowher were still coaching the Steelers, Porter would STILL be our starting ROLB and Harrison would STILL be riding the pine behind him. Cowher was often enamored with "his guys" and veterans to the detriment of the team while younger and better players sat on the bench.
There is no coach more hung up on his guys than Tomlin....Holy crap, Hampton still gets more time than McClendon.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:50 AM   #19
Steelers>NFL
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 15311

You have a franchise QB and a top tier defense in place when you take over a team, you are gonna win a lot of games!
Steelers>NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:11 AM   #20
steelfury02
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 2,855 Times in 1,374 Posts

If anyone resembles a coach that has benefited from the players, it is one Barry Switzer, who, maddeningly enough, was also lucky enough to face Neil O'Donnell in XXX.

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote