Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #11
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315
Default Re: Haley has sure toned it down

Wasnt this your sig at one time Bayz? lol

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #12
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

I coundln't be happier than I am about letting Arians "retire" (I still love that we the Rooney's made him call it that!!) and getting Todd Haley. I think that he puts us over the top in the long run and gets us back into a couple of SB's! And who cares if he does someday blow up on the sidelines??? At least you know it will be because he cares and wants the team to do better. Unlike Arians who would have only blown up if Ben didn't get his way!
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #13
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,527 Times in 676 Posts

It's Bruce Arians' fault!

Arians is busy playing Father Flannagan over in Indy and he's 6-3.
I figure that Haley realized that the Fire and Brimstone thing will look even sillier if he ends up with a worse record than BA so he's decided to lay low.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:36 AM   #14
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,474 Times in 2,125 Posts
My Mood: Fine

It is really amazing that the Colts are 6-3. If they can keep it up enough to earn a spot, great - I hope to see them. Bruce sure has found a way to get in front of the cameras lately. (And the more I think of it, the more his luck of being associated with good quarterbacks is uncanny). The more time passed that Arians was here, the more I was convinced that Ben's ability and the sheer talent and depth of the Steelers' rosters more than covered for his lack of understanding situational football, protecting the franchise QB, and playing to strengths.

It is a little odd to me how public Arians, Irsay, and all the players have rallied around his cancer. I'm not saying they don't feel close or that it isn't right - but they are really laying it on heavy in front of the cameras. The shaving of the heads is a nice gesture - but I'm getting a little tired of hearing how "special" this situation is and how much motivation this gives them.

Hey media - plenty of people live after and die of cancer - the cancer coverage is getting a little ridiculous and the locker room speeches are a little overly dramatized, and frankly - it is a little bit of exploitation on the Colts part - but hey, whatever gets asses in the seats, right? I've experienced cancer too many times and I can tell you - no healthy coach is going to predict hoisting the Super Bowl trophy because of a dream he had not even halfway through the season, and especially not with all of the cameras around him. The guy has chemo-brain, is feeling his mortality, and it is heart wrenching. This team will fall apart once they can't keep winning for the sick man.

The father Flanagan comment was hilarious - exactly what I have been thinking. Is Arians for real?

When they start a losing streak, I bet they'll go right back to Marsha Brady and Discount Double Check coverage.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #15
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
It is really amazing that the Colts are 6-3. If they can keep it up enough to earn a spot, great - I hope to see them. Bruce sure has found a way to get in front of the cameras lately. (And the more I think of it, the more his luck of being associated with good quarterbacks is uncanny). The more time passed that Arians was here, the more I was convinced that Ben's ability and the sheer talent and depth of the Steelers' rosters more than covered for his lack of understanding situational football, protecting the franchise QB, and playing to strengths.

It is a little odd to me how public Arians, Irsay, and all the players have rallied around his cancer. I'm not saying they don't feel close or that it isn't right - but they are really laying it on heavy in front of the cameras. The shaving of the heads is a nice gesture - but I'm getting a little tired of hearing how "special" this situation is and how much motivation this gives them.

Hey media - plenty of people live after and die of cancer - the cancer coverage is getting a little ridiculous and the locker room speeches are a little overly dramatized, and frankly - it is a little bit of exploitation on the Colts part - but hey, whatever gets asses in the seats, right? I've experienced cancer too many times and I can tell you - no healthy coach is going to predict hoisting the Super Bowl trophy because of a dream he had not even halfway through the season, and especially not with all of the cameras around him. The guy has chemo-brain, is feeling his mortality, and it is heart wrenching. This team will fall apart once they can't keep winning for the sick man.

The father Flanagan comment was hilarious - exactly what I have been thinking. Is Arians for real?

When they start a losing streak, I bet they'll go right back to Marsha Brady and Discount Double Check coverage.
Its gonna take teams like the Steelers ect to knock em down a peg, then reality will set in.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:36 PM   #16
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 12,744 Times in 5,263 Posts
My Mood: Amazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
Old 11-11-2012, 07:21 AM   #17
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,263 Times in 3,630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
It's Bruce Arians' fault!
Max Starks apparently thinks so

Diversity is something the Steelers were lacking in recent years under former offensive coordinator Bruce Arians. He liked bubble screens, deep passes, three tight end sets and throwing on third-and-2.

It led to an offense that put up big numbers at times but that would bog down in the red zone and short-yardage situations.

“We had tendencies with some people wanting to stay in their zones and do things they felt comfortable with more than trusting other individuals on the team,” tackle Max Starks said. “That’s more of the philosophy of the coordinator and being able to adapt and not being able to adapt.”

http://triblive.com/home/2906664-85/...#axzz2BpMKBBGK
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:18 AM   #18
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
reporters are doing backflips coming up with reasons and excuses why they arent getting the circus sideshow they desperately dreamed of (and practically promised).

of course.... blame the rooneys and cite bob shitthebedsky as the precedent!

This.

He still has the fire, no question. Just because there "hasn't been a fight on the sidelines" or a yelling match of somesort.....which there shouldn't be anyways, doesn't mean you've "toned it down". There's been no reason.
No story here.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:07 AM   #19
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,843 Times in 1,334 Posts

I am beginning to think that Mark Kaboly is just another media clown that is playing from the same playbook as Ron Cook and Skip Bayless.

They fear monger that Haley and his temper will be disruptive when he got to Pittsburgh, now that there have been no fireworks they write articles suggesting that he is cowtowing to others. He should see if TMZ has any openings.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #20
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Bruce Arians is good for a year or so to groom a young QB, not good for keeping around for a long period of time.

Bruce had success here back in 2007 as Ben had his best season yet, he didn't come close to duplicating that success since.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote