Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #31
ChristianKustomz
Starter

Member Number: 24383
Default Re: Sanders and Steelers fined 50K

I personally find it a disgrace the way that politics have entered this wonderful game. I miss the days that these guys played for blood and if someone got Hurt in the process...well it's all apart of the game. It's why girls don't play the game.

It really hurts the fans when politics destroy a perfectly fun and enjoyable game. It just makes me sick. Players faking injuries when we really need them to (in my opinion) Goodell scamming the fans to get his way regardless if it's fair or not. It just makes me sick!
ChristianKustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #32
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211
Default Re: Sanders and Steelers fined 50K

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ed-by-goodell/

Quote:
League says Sanders appeal will be handled by Goodell
Posted by Mike Florio on November 11, 2012, 12:55 PM EST

Earlier today, we wrote that the appeal of Emmanuel Sanders‘ fake-injury fine will go to former coaches Ted Cottrell or Art Shell. That information came from a source close to Sanders.

The NFL tells PFT that the appeal will instead be handled by Commissioner Roger Goodell or his designee.

League spokesman Greg Aiello explained that Shell or Cottrell handle appeals involving player conduct against other players. The Collective Bargaining Agreement supports the league’s position; Article 46, Section 1(b) delegates to Cottrell or Shell only fines or suspensions for “unnecessary roughness or unsportsmanlike conduct on the playing field.”

So the distinction doesn’t arise simply from off-field versus on-field. Instead, Shell or Cottrell have jurisdiction over only a specific type of on-field conduct.

And they won’t have the final say over whether Sanders was faking his injury.

HEIL GOODELL!
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote