Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-14-2012, 11:03 PM   #31
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727
Default Re: Steelers release NT Alameda Ta'amu

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELMANIAK View Post
I agree. I honestly don't care what these guys do off the field as long as he raises hell on the field. I mean, it's not like we are deep at the nose tackle position to begin with. I don't really count Mclendon to be that big space eating nose tackle that we need to fit our defense.

To all you guys saying to cut him, I'd like to remind you that BB has been "accused" two different rape charges. I also think we all know that there has to be some truth to it as well. So all you hypocrites need to just stop with the cut him crap.
I have to disagree.

Big Ben was ACCUSED of events nobody can verify except he and his accusers. One of his accusers was caught red-handed bragging about the incident outright, while the other swallowed all the evidence (a necessarily voluntary act unless the receiver is holding a gun to your loved one's head). In other words, we have to accept his accusers' words at face value with no proof and credibility shot to hell.

Ta'amu on the other hand, was seen by MANY witnesses, driving a drunken rampage through downtown, nearly running several people over, nearly running over several cops, all while fleeing arrest and crashing through various private properties and vehicles.

Apples and oranges. I don't believe Ben did it. I do however believe that Ta'amu was taking his final exam in Hip-Hop and passed with flying colors.

All he has left to do to become a full Jedi is to go to jail, get tattooed up there, write a rap album, and convert to Islam to claim his street creds.

He has no longer has any place in any classy organization that prides itself on only working with character people.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:25 AM   #32
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

People who have multiple accusations of rape are not "character" people. This whole whitewashing of team history to assure that only the finest and classiest of personnel decisions are recalled crap will never die, will it? Granted, perhaps the Steelers organization is guided more by a 'moral compass' or whatnot than most, but at the end of the day they're still the same as any other business owner.

Ta'amu made a really bad fucking mistake and he'll make good of it. That the team seemingly has the intention to allow him to do this with them says more about their class than dumping the boy out on his ass to push the problem onto somebody else.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steelersfan87 For This Useful Post:
El-Gonzo Jackson (11-15-2012)
Old 11-15-2012, 06:13 AM   #33
Terminator
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24492
Thanked 1,079 Times in 424 Posts

Does is it even really matter? I read online that there is video evidence of Ta'amu attempting to run over police officers with his SUV, and that if it wasn't such a busy area, he would have been shot dead. How is this guy not going to go to jail?
Terminator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:30 AM   #34
kent
Bench Warmer

Speed Racer Champion! Big Truck Adventures 3 Champion! Bejeweled Champion! Helicopter2 Champion! Plupon Champion! Chain Reaction - Newgrounds Champion!
Member Number: 24510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Does is it even really matter? I read online that there is video evidence of Ta'amu attempting to run over police officers with his SUV, and that if it wasn't such a busy area, he would have been shot dead. How is this guy not going to go to jail?
Just makes me sad/angry hearing all these stories about professional athletes doing such dumb things. They have the world by the balls and piss it away.
kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:31 AM   #35
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,820 Times in 1,324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
People who have multiple accusations of rape are not "character" people. .
Yeah, the average guy with that kind of background isnt allowed to coach Little League Baseball.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #36
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Quote:
People who have multiple accusations of rape are not "character" people. This whole whitewashing of team history to assure that only the finest and classiest of personnel decisions are recalled crap will never die, will it? Granted, perhaps the Steelers organization is guided more by a 'moral compass' or whatnot than most, but at the end of the day they're still the same as any other business owner.
It is all about TENDENCIES. The Steelers have a tendency to look for class act players, but there are always exceptions.

I am sorry-- but I have problems holding any of those accusations against Ben's character, considering the circumstances and questionable actions of both accusers. There is a reason why no charges were filed, and he has a dafamation suit against the first accuser.

Quote:
Ta'amu made a really bad fucking mistake and he'll make good of it. That the team seemingly has the intention to allow him to do this with them says more about their class than dumping the boy out on his ass to push the problem onto somebody else.
Playing in the NFL is a prviliege. Clearly, when someone goes ona drunken rampage/street chase through crowded downtown with the cops, they just treated that priviliege the way a dog treats food when he isn't hungry-- he pisses on it so another dog can't eat it.

Ta'amu screwed over his employer, his teammates, the city of Pittsburgh, his parents, and most importantly, himself. He didn't just make some innocent, youthful mistake that he "can make good on", he committed a length list of serious crimes that will no doubt help to paint an unfavorable image of NFL players among the populace.

He needs to be off of our team.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #37
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent View Post
Just makes me sad/angry hearing all these stories about professional athletes doing such dumb things. They have the world by the balls and piss it away.
What is more infuriating, is when the league or the teams do not take action to correct or dump these retards.

A good example? How the hell is Pacman Jones still playing in the NFL?

Dude went to da strip club with his fellow brain-surgeon, Nelly. Nelly, in typical narcissitic hip-hop artist fashion, makes it rain in the club. Pacman, wanting to join in the retard festivities, throws some of his own money into the air.

When the dancers inevitably start picking up the floating bills, Pacman Jones proceeds to start grabing the dancers by the hair and slamming their heads off the floor for the "ho's touching my loot".

The club security of course moves into action to kick his dumb azz out, to which he responds by telling his bodyguards to "Smoke dis fool". They in turn open fire into a crowd of patrons and security guards.

One guy is paralyzed from the waist down for life. They just won an $11 million settlement off of him. Right now, he is playing football to pay the huge debt as a result of his moronic escapade, but he is STILL IN THE NFL.

Now we have a guy on our team who went on a drinken rampage in a 2 ton SUV and would have been shot dead had it not been in crowded downtown. He has no place on this team or in the NFL. Some mistakes you can atone for-- others demonstrate such a fatally flawed mind that you cannot ever take them back.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #38
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 12,646 Times in 5,223 Posts
My Mood: Amazed

Quote:
the problem I have with Ta'amu is that this is his 2nd DUI, doesn't seem like he learned anything after getting busted for his first one.

having said that, I do respect the Steelers for giving him another opportunity to put his life back on track...
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #39
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,820 Times in 1,324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
What is more infuriating, is when the league or the teams do not take action to correct or dump these retards.

A good example? How the hell is Pacman Jones still playing in the NFL?

Dude went to da strip club with his fellow brain-surgeon, Nelly. Nelly, in typical narcissitic hip-hop artist fashion, makes it rain in the club. Pacman, wanting to join in the retard festivities, throws some of his own money into the air.

When the dancers inevitably start picking up the floating bills, Pacman Jones proceeds to start grabing the dancers by the hair and slamming their heads off the floor for the "ho's touching my loot".

The club security of course moves into action to kick his dumb azz out, to which he responds by telling his bodyguards to "Smoke dis fool". They in turn open fire into a crowd of patrons and security guards.

One guy is paralyzed from the waist down for life. They just won an $11 million settlement off of him. Right now, he is playing football to pay the huge debt as a result of his moronic escapade, but he is STILL IN THE NFL.

Now we have a guy on our team who went on a drinken rampage in a 2 ton SUV and would have been shot dead had it not been in crowded downtown. He has no place on this team or in the NFL. Some mistakes you can atone for-- others demonstrate such a fatally flawed mind that you cannot ever take them back.
Didnt Donte Stallworth run over a guy?
Didnt Leonard Little kill a guy in a car crash and blow 0.18?
Didnt Nebraska D lineman Christian Peter have a 6 year NFL career after being convicted as a rapist?? http://playerperspective.com/nfc-eas...-owner-robert/

If you can play in the NFL you will stay in the NFL. Get used to it. Many NFL players have.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #40
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
How arrogant. Who are you to say that a man has a "fatally flawed mind" irredeemable by society?

Because, you know, people never get help for alcoholism. I mean, my god...
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote