Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #31
steelfury02
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 2,856 Times in 1,375 Posts
Default Re: Yellow Empty Seats

and honestly, part of the problem is - there is still a demographic that really truly can't afford the tickets (even the nosebleeds) and are still charging it to their credit cards - hence, demand is always there. people I know for a fact, are spending half to most of a really small paycheck on tickets, bills/utilities be damned. It is a spend now generation from my view.

The last few times I went to Heinz, there are a TON, a TON of people standing inside when its cold without any kind of precipitation - it doesn't mean there are empty seats in terms of people not showing up - but the crowd IMO has gotten a little "wussified"

I am one of the fans that will get there early enough, tailgate, check out some of the food vendors and the memorabilia before I sit down - because no matter who they are facing - I'm glued to the game once it starts. A ton of season ticket holders (and to generalize - are spoiled ROTTEN in a lot of cases) get up what seems every 15 to 20 minutes - it amazes me how often some people get up CONSTANTLY - it is maddening really. You know, it is their right to do it however they want, and for the love of god - have some stadium food and beer (it is a football game afterall) - but the average Heinz field visitor is not filled with absolute die hards that care for the game, and everything else is second. It is about 50/50 - and that is from watching games in about every section imaginable. Just my two cents. I get a little annoyed by it at times, but then I do see the 1 guy trying to make his 3 kids happy with blankets and hot dogs galore - and it is cool to see that (and pretty hard to manage - hence families getting up a lot)

Ah well - playoff time at Heinz is another beast altogether though!

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #32
R2sojr
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 892

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
I'm sorry, but it was BAD out there. And I mean BAD. Snow is one thing, but when you're getting DRENCHED, and you're SITTING THERE, it's a little harder to hang around.
I was at the game at 6:00. I was soaked by the time i went from the Rivers to accross the street. It really wasnt the rain but the wind was crazy before. If u tailgated at all u were soaked and frozen even before the game. I always go to winter games in the snow and cold weather. But i can say the rain made it terrible. I left the 4th qtr and my legs were so soaked i could barely walk....lol
Old 11-14-2012, 07:08 PM   #33
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,119 Times in 3,038 Posts

personally I prefer to watch games at home. I don't like big crowds, can't afford the tickets or stadium prices for anything, and it's always comfortable on the couch. Most importantly, no lines for the bathrooms!

I don't think I would be able to stand getting wet in cold weather and just sitting in my seat. I don't mind being wet in cold weather while working, but it seems like it would be miserable to just sit in cold rain.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote