Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 08-09-2006, 01:58 PM   #11
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645
Default Re: Lets look at the schedule...national tv..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBen2WardPITT
I live in the washington DC area, so i dont get to see all the games. Luckily a lot of games are on National Tv this year, however, other then the rip off that is directv sunday ticket, what else is there? Is there anything else? I know field pass which is radio, but thats just a desperate move for me. I could go to the local steelers bar, yes, but other then that, what options do i have?

the nfl needs to make NFLTV like MLBTV on the internet...
Well...I wouldn't call it a rip off. Depends on where you live. I drive 45 minutes at 5:45 AM (still dark out) to go watch live games with Steeler Faithful.

I'm force fed Raider and 49er games on the networks. Not anymore. If I calculate the number of hours of entertainment I'll be getting this season including the chance to record Steeler games then for me it's worth it. Plus I split it.

I still be making the 1 1/2 hour trek to watch the Steeler games with the Faithful (highest gas prices in the US too). Thankfully fewer games will require me to get up before the birds this season.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 02:23 PM   #12
Statik
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1140

If you live near Fairfax, the Fast Eddie's on Rte 50 is where my family goes to watch the games. It usually gets a little crowded, but if you get there about 1/2 hour, 45 min before game time, guaranteed a seat, its never "standing room only". We are crazy there tho!!!
Statik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 02:49 PM   #13
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,105 Times in 3,460 Posts

get sirius radio. you can hear all games with either the home or aways teams radio broadcasters calling the game.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 04:01 PM   #14
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
Personally, if I lived outside the Pittsburgh viewing area I would be hitting up the closest Steeler bar and watching the games with fellow Steeler fans.
Yep. Other than being at Heinz Field and watching the game live, there is no better way to cheer on the black and gold than watching the games with your Steelers brothers and sisters at a Steelers bar! I live in the Burgh and a lot of the time if I don't have tickets to the games, I go to a local Steelers bar with a couple of friends not too far from my house to share in the excitement with local Steelers fans - there is nothing like it!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 05:19 PM   #15
Lefturn
Water Boy

Member Number: 616

I love the ticket. I live in Indy so my choices would be the colts on cbs or the bears on fox, so you can see I need the package. I would like them to change the package, I would just like to buy a Steeler package.
Lefturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:55 PM   #16
BigBen2WardPITT
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 551

its a rip off for me, im 17, my parents arent willing to spend 69 a month for 4 months which is $280. Also, because im 17, the local bar, Ziggs, is hesitent to let me go there with out my dad, who never wants to watch the game, he could care less if he misses it most of the time. We have plenty of bars to watch the game though so if they dont le me in ziggs, i know another bar with nice plasma TVs, actually two two or three bars, so this year i'll be smarter about it, PLUS this season i have my own car and my license so things will defiantly be different this season.
BigBen2WardPITT is offline   Reply With Quote