Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 11-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #1
steelers33
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17599
Default Who has the feeling that we are going to start a special run?

I do. We dismantled the Giants (spotted 14 by the refs), who dismantled the 49ers (considered one of the best teams in the NFL). Idk the way we've been able to run the ball lately, protect Ben, our plethora of Wide Receiver talent, our o-line playing well, and actually having a competent OC has really started to make me think that something special may be upon us. Defensively, our secondary is light years better than it has been in years past, yet the key question is the front-seven. If our front seven can hold up (once dominate 3-4 years ago) than honestly I think this team is scary. Its going to come down to how Harrison and Woodley return to health, and the defensive line (big question marks). What do you guys think.
steelers33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #2
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,805 Times in 2,876 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Who has the feeling that we are going to start a special run?

I had a feeling when we won against the bengals, and now, definitely.

road win against a tough team - check
defense starts gelling - check
offense gelling - check
big plays from our special teams - check
running game established - check

if we keep this up we will be solid on all phases, and I don't even think our offense has peaked yet, they are just starting to 'get it'. defense is finally living up to their hype, and when troy gets healthy, oh man.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #3
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,195 Times in 1,845 Posts
My Mood: Happy

The offense hasn't reached it's peak yet. The defense is warming up, and the special teams has limited their mistakes in recent games. I think we're setting this team up for a December hot-streak and deep run.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bayz101 For This Useful Post:
Millers the sh!t (11-07-2012)
Old 11-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #4
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

But, but, but our defense is old and slow. Ben and Haley hate each other. Mike Wallace is a distraction and a cancer. The experts say so. Oh, I forgot. That was weeks ago. Now they are saying the Steelers are one of the two best teams in the AFC. Hope it doesn't go to their heads down the stretch because this team could be extra special.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #5
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
But, but, but our defense is old and slow. Ben and Haley hate each other. Mike Wallace is a distraction and a cancer. The experts say so. Oh, I forgot. That was weeks ago. Now they are saying the Steelers are one of the two best teams in the AFC. Hope it doesn't go to their heads down the stretch because this team could be extra special.
Things change week to week. As long as BR7 is under center we have a chance to win every game.

Watching Steeler teams for years, i highly doubt this team will be " extra special " i will settle for good!
Old 11-07-2012, 01:23 PM   #6
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 11,355 Times in 4,779 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Steelers' patience paying off after slow start

ThePittsburghChannel.Com

Isaac Redman was talking about the Pittsburgh Steelers' convincing 24-20 victory over the defending Super Bowl-champion New York Giants. The running back may as well have been discussing his team's suddenly promising season as a whole.

"We knew that if we just kept playing our ball that everything would come along for us," Redman said after rushing for a career-high 147 yards and the game-winning touchdown. "The only person that can beat the Steelers is the Steelers."

At the moment, that's not happening, even if Pittsburgh (5-3) tried its best on a day the Giants looked out of sync following a week spent dealing with the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy.

New York turned two Ben Roethlisberger turnovers - one of them a disputed fumble - into a 10-point fourth-quarter lead. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin inexplicably eschewed a gimme field goal that would have tied the game late for a trick play that fizzled. The Steelers committed six penalties for a season-high 119 yards.

Yet they also left little doubt in the end.

Pittsburgh scored the game's final 14 points and pushed the Giants all over the field in the final minutes. Eli Manning took nine snaps on New York's last three possessions and lost eight yards against a defense that looked like it could play well into January and perhaps beyond.

This from the same group that looked a step slow while squandering leads on the road to lesser lights Tennessee and Oakland earlier in the year.

"We're finishing the game now," linebacker LaMarr Woodley said. "I mean, that's the biggest thing ... we went to Oakland, we didn't finish and when we went to Tennessee, we didn't finish, but (Sunday) we finished."

As a result, the season may just be beginning.

Pittsburgh has won three straight and will play five of its final eight games at Heinz Field, where the Steelers are 17-4 since 2010. The only road trips are to Cleveland, Baltimore and Dallas, all winnable if Pittsburgh can play with the ferocity it showed in New York.

The defense limited the Giants to 182 yards of total offense. Redman shook off balky ankles to repeatedly churn into New York's secondary through holes that appeared to get wider as the day wore on.

"It starts up front, I like the personality that's developing within that group, led by guys like Maurkice Pouncey and Willie Colon," Tomlin said. "They set the pace for us."

One that appears to be sustainable whomever is lined up in the backfield.

With Jonathan Dwyer and Rashard Mendenhall inactive due to injury, Redman ran with a fury that seemed to wear down the Giants. He gashed New York for 53 yards in the fourth quarter, including a 28-yard burst on Pittsburgh's last possession that allowed the Steelers to run out the clock.

"We were down at running back, and you know, it was my turn to step up," Redman said. "I've been down for a couple of weeks so I was anxious to get back onto the field."

So were Redman's teammates, who can sense things starting to build. Roethlisberger put in another typically efficient performance, throwing for two scores, including a 51-yard catch-and-run by wide receiver Mike Wallace that marked the first time all season a Pittsburgh wideout turned a short pass into the kind of splash plays that turn games around.

It was sweet redemption for the speedy but inconsistent Wallace, who dropped a third-down pass earlier in the game. He atoned by correctly reading the New York blitz, breaking off his route in time to snare a Roethlisberger fastball then showcase his remarkable quickness while sprinting down the sideline.

"I feel like this is possibly the best win that we've had since I've been on this team just because we overcame so much," Wallace said. "We had a lot of adversity to overcome ... but everybody stayed together. Everybody stayed positive and we won the game."

Something the Steelers expect to do plenty of over the final two months. They are relatively healthy outside of safety Troy Polamalu's torn right calf and the offense is getting the kind of balance it lacked early on thanks to a rejuvenated running game.

Still, Pittsburgh is well aware it's not even Thanksgiving yet. Roethlisberger is quick to note the offense is still leaving points on the field and the defense, for all its improvement, committed a couple of key penalties that led to New York scores.

Yet the Steelers also know it's better to learn those lessons in victory than defeat. It speaks to Tomlin's success that 5-3 is Pittsburgh's worst record at the midway point since he took over in 2007. It's not perfect, true, but it certainly beats being .500. Or worse.

"Coach Tomlin said, "This game is the fork in the road, which way do we want to go?'" Redman said. "We're in the right direction."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49702668#.UJqmEM2FEmw
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #7
ebsteelers
Living Legend

SpeedPong Champion!
Member Number: 18215
Thanked 2,289 Times in 1,330 Posts

settle down kids its only november...

lets hope we are peaking in 2 months when the playoffs start
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #8
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,886 Times in 3,483 Posts

The 2 Baltimore games will tell how this season goes

After finally beating New England and Brady in 2011 I thought last year's Steelers team was ready for blast off - then they gagged up the last second loss at Heinz to Baltimore and the season never recovered

I am delighted they have rebounded from the 2-3 start but wuinning the division is the task ahead
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:31 PM   #9
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,130 Times in 1,982 Posts
My Mood: Fine

slow start, nice rebound, plenty of work to do in the 2nd half. I think they are building something right now, and if we can remain relatively healthy - we will be able to contend

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #10
grward
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7527

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
slow start, nice rebound, plenty of work to do in the 2nd half. I think they are building something right now, and if we can remain relatively healthy - we will be able to contend
Good call. I'm never one to be overly hot or cold about where we stand. I've seen too many games get blown when they should have won them ... even when I thought they were peaking. We've all seen it happen ... just look back at last year's game againts Denver. There isn't a single Steelers fan that thought we would lose that game ... peaking or not.

Let's just take this one game at a time and enjoy what just might be a good ride!
grward is offline   Reply With Quote