Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 11-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
steelers33
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17599
Default Don't worry about the offense, Chiefs defense is better than the Ravens defense.

Think about it, the Chiefs have a lot of talent on defense. Elite cornerback, elite safety, two elite linebackers, and a couple of high draft picks on the defensive line. They suck because of coaching, and an inept offense, but their defense is top 5 talent wise. I think we will be able to run the ball better against the Ravens, and the passing game will be better with a week of practice for Byron. What do you guys think?
steelers33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:36 PM   #2
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,868 Times in 2,905 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Don't worry about the offense, Chiefs defense is better than the Ravens defense.

bad coaching is the reason why the chiefs are a losing team. looking at this roster, there is NO WAY these guys should be a losing squad.

they have tamba hali and derrick johnson, who are both beastly. in the secondary: brandon flowers, eric berry, javier arenas are all solid, flowers is a pro bowler. talent wise, this team is stacked, i am shocked they are not a winning program atm. they are a good head coach away from being a powerhouse team. well and perhaps a franchise qb away from being championship caliber. they are also talented on offense.

i think they came out inspired because the media was writing them off
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 21,645 Times in 8,937 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Don't worry about the offense, Chiefs defense is better than the Ravens defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
i think they came out inspired because the media was writing them off
And, they were playing against a coach who had benched several of them. KC was motivated.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #4
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

Unfortunately Ike is going to make Flacco look likea 4 time SB champ. Flacco likes to toss it up, and Torey has the speed. With Clark being an injury issue who doubles teams with The great Ike Taylor?

The D would have to rattle Flacco to implode over and over for us to win. Not impossible, but that would take a 4 turnover implosion, with us converting at least 2 td's from them. Leftwhichs bg move was DRIVING, yes DRIVING us for a FG. Thats not an accomplishment

Everyone says the pass Def is so great, add in the penalty yars where do we sit? Cassel went down on us while in a prevent Def(great call Dick) and to top if off Bowe shockingly beat the Great one again for field position.

At the end of the day people say the Ravens Defis soft? Ok, BUT when they know you have 2 invalids left at QB, their run De will get way better as they will blitz and pack the box on us. Say what you want, but their better be muchbetter O plays called asthe dink and dunk with Leftwhichs windup is not going to beatthe Ravens.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #5
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,232 Times in 1,854 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Chiefs defense, and really, the team, is VERY undisciplined. A little discipline and some DECENT coaching and they could very easily be a threat.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:42 PM   #6
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

We played down to the Chiefs, than once Ben went down, we ran the ball, because we couldnt pass the ball successfully but a few times. the entire play calling became passive. Hoping the Def steps up.
since the Cheifs can't catch a ball, we lucked out and won.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #7
FrancoLambert
Team President

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,689 Times in 877 Posts

"Don't worry about the offense."
Are you joking? We lost Ben who is off to his best start.
We replace him with( hopefully) Batch or Leftwich and there's no reason to worry?
Personally, I'm scared shit.
The Rats are licking their chops.....all of a sudden their suspect D is going against a 2nd or 3rd string QB.
FrancoLambert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:46 PM   #8
tburhans
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18473

I know Ben being injured for most likely the next couple weeks is going to be tough. I was not impressed by Leftwich last night at all, but he doesnt take snaps in practice and hadn't taken a game snap since preseason so being rusty is understandable. But as soon as Ben went down the O-line should of found a way to get fired up and blow KC off the ball so we could of had some kind of a running game to help Byron get up to game speed and settle in. Leftwich will take all the snaps this week in practice and should be much more comfortable come game time. Baltimore will blitz early and often knowing that Byron is not a threat to scramble. This is where Haley needs to gameplan for quick passes such as screens and slants and let our receivers get the ball and make something happen. And just because Ben is out doesnt mean we need to keep Miller in to block and never let him go out for a pass again. Miller had 4 catches early and then was not heard of the rest of the game. And is there any DB on our roster that can catch a ball? Clark got hit between the numbers for an easy pick 6 which would of sealed the game and he of course dropped it. Those are the kind of plays were going to need against Baltimore to pull out a win. We are going to have to find a way to score on defense or special teams if Byron cant move the offense. Rainey has been close to breaking loose a few times this year and there wouldnt be a better time than this week to do it. Its going to be an uphill fight, but i have faith we can do it. We almost beat them in Baltimore with Dixon at qb. Plus we should be fired up after being swept last year
tburhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:50 PM   #9
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,868 Times in 2,905 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Chiefs defense, and really, the team, is VERY undisciplined. A little discipline and some DECENT coaching and they could very easily be a threat.
that's what i've been trying to tell people all along, this isn't the 1995 bengals, the chiefs are stacked with talent, all they need is the right coaches to motivate them to be great. romeo isn't that guy. if they were properly coached they'd be a playoff contender IMO, just really too much talent on that squad to not be a good team, barring shitty coaching
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #10
TheVet
Assistant Coach

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion!
Member Number: 24040

Yeah, but they do have shitty coaching, they were a 1-7 team, and they still played us evenly.
TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote