Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-15-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 5,534 Times in 2,680 Posts
My Mood: Brooding
Default Maine Republican chair cries voter fraud because ‘dozens of black people’ voted

Charlie Webster, the chairman of Maine’s Republican Party, sees “dozens of black people” voting on Nov. 6 as evidence of voter fraud because “nobody in town knows anyone who’s black.”

In an interview with WCSH’s Don Carrigan earlier this week, Webster said that Democrats were winning elections because they blocked an effort by the Republican Party to repeal same-day voter registration, which requires an ID and proof of residency.

“Let’s just look at what happened on Tuesday,” he explained. “I mean, literally hundreds of new people came in. We don’t know if they’re residents or not but they came in and voted. And there’s no way of knowing that.”

“In some parts of the state — for example, in some parts of rural Maine, there were dozens — dozens of black people who came in and voted election day. Everybody has a right to vote, but nobody in town knows anybody that’s black. How did that happen? I don’t know, but we’re going to find out.”

When Carrigan pressed the party chairman for specifics about where fraud occurred, he vaguely referred to “several rural Maine towns” and promised an investigation to find out more.

“What I’m doing is purchasing a post card, we’re going to mail it in and thank people for registering to vote and see whether it comes back,” Webster said.

“So, you think the Democrats bussed in people?” Carrigan asked.

“I just think that the system, without some kind of an ID or without some kind of way to check, is fraught for abuse,” Webster insisted. “I’m just telling you my personal opinion. I believe it’s a problem.”

“We were surprised with the outcome,” the Wisconsin Republican told WISC-TV’s Jessica Arp. “We knew this was going to be a close race. We thought we had a very good chance of winning it. I think that the surprise was some of the turnout, some of the turnout especially in urban areas, which definitely gave President Obama the big margin to win this race.”

Raw Story (http://s.tt/1tALp)

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #2
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 5,534 Times in 2,680 Posts
My Mood: Brooding
Default Re: Maine Republican chair cries voter fraud because ‘dozens of black people’ voted

Voter Rights
The U.S. Constitution gives all citizens the right to vote.

I can register to vote in Maine if:
I am a United States citizen;
I live in a town or city in Maine; and
I am 17 years old and will be 18 years old by Election Day. 21-A MRSA §111.
If I am registered to vote in Maine, I can vote. I do not need to show ID to get a ballot. 21-A MRSA §§111 and 671.
I may vote by absentee ballot instead of voting in person at the voting place. I do not need a reason to vote by absentee ballot. 21-A MRSA §§751 and 753-A.
If I am not registered to vote, I can register on Election Day and vote. (I must register in person and must show ID and proof of where I live.) 21-A MRSA §121.
I cannot be turned away from my voting place. I must be allowed to vote a challenged ballot. (If I don’t have ID or proof of where I live, I will cast a challenged ballot. I may be asked to show ID after the election.) 21-A MRSA §§121, 161 and 673.
If I am in line at the voting place at 8:00 p.m. on Election Day, I still may register and vote. 21-A MRSA §§127 and 626.
I may see a sample ballot and get help on how to mark my ballot before I vote. I also may ask for help to read or mark my ballot. 21-A MRSA §§651 and 672.
If I make a mistake, I can get a new ballot. 21-A MRSA §693.
I have the right to use Maine’s Accessible Voting System (AVS) at my voting place. 21-A MRSA §629(1)(A-1).
I may not be harassed when voting or be pressured about how to vote. 21-A MRSA §§672 and 682.
If I am under guardianship, I may vote. Doe vs. Rowe, 156 F. Supp. 2d 35 (D. Me. 2001).
If I have any problems, or if I am not allowed to vote, I should call:
The Elections Division - 1-888-868-3763, or
The Disability Rights Center - 1-800-452-1948 V/TTY.

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote