Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-17-2012, 08:35 PM   #11
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,335 Times in 3,986 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: Ryan Clark accepts he's 'going to be messed up' later in life

Crosby: Steelers’ Clark taking chance

By Josh Yohe
Published: Friday, November 16, 2012

Penguins captain Sidney Crosby has spent much of his time during the NHL lockout watching NFL games, specifically when the Steelers are playing.

He will be watching Sunday night’s game against Baltimore with a cautious eye as free safety Ryan Clark has been cleared to play despite absorbing two concussions in the past three weeks.

Few athletes are sensitive to concussions like Crosby, who has missed 101 games in the past two years because of concussion symptoms.

“He’s taking a chance,” Crosby said. “There are a lot of things that can happen.”

Clark was cleared to play Friday and seemed miffed that so many are questioning his decision to play. Crosby believes the pressure of a 16-game schedule is typically why football players are quicker to return from concussions than hockey players.

“The fact that there’s only 16 games doesn’t help,” Crosby said. “You miss one game in 16, that’s (essentially) a playoff game that you’re missing. There’s a lot of pressure on you when you’re making that decision. If a guy feels like he can get through it, and he’s willing to take the chance, then by all means … but first of all, you’ve got your health, And then, can you even perform? Those are decisions you have to make.”

Crosby wouldn’t be surprised if Clark alters his historically tenacious, head-first hitting style against Baltimore.

“He might be different with the way he tackles,” Crosby said. “Is he going to lead with his head? Probably not.”

Crosby knows about the self-imposed pressure of playing in big games but was forced to miss the 2011 playoff series against Tampa Bay.

“Some guys just get headaches,” he said. “Other guys, it’s their memory. For me, even if I wanted to play (against Tampa Bay), I couldn’t have because I was so messed up.”

http://triblive.com/sports/2973873-8...#ixzz2CXAPDI00