Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #11
steelax04
Head Coach
Supporter
 
steelax04's Avatar
 
HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,551
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12182
Thanks: 507
Thanked 861 Times in 391 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Lefty similar to Doug Williams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
uh.......rick mirer was a white dude so you can't compare them ...
Doug does have a Super Bowl win, so let's compare RG3 to him instead.
__________________
steelax04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #12
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend
 
LVSteelersfan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 3,935
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6620
Thanks: 16
Thanked 568 Times in 405 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Lefty similar to Doug Williams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelax04 View Post
Doug does have a Super Bowl win, so let's compare RG3 to him instead.
That sounds good. Byron has WAY better stats than RGIII. I think it will be awhile before RGIII hits 10,000 yards. I am pretty sure RGIII will get there earlier than Lefty did though.
__________________

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #13
maddog78
Assistant Coach
 
maddog78's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,108
Member Number: 24321
Thanks: 48
Thanked 303 Times in 175 Posts
Default Re: Lefty similar to Doug Williams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Doug Williams threw for 16,998 YDS, 100TD, and threw over 1000 more passes than Leftwich in his NFL career. (He also spent 3 years in the USFL)

Byron Leftwich threw for 10,000 YDS and 58TD's in an era where there is more passing done in the NFL.

Byron Leftwich should not be mentioned in the same breath as Doug Williams. Lefty is more similar to Rick Mirer, IMO. http://www.nfl.com/player/rickmirer/2502134/profile
Williams also threw 93 INT, had a miserable 49% completion percentage, and a paltry 6.8 YPA. Career record of 38-42-1.

The year they won the Super Bowl, he was 0-2 as a starter before the playoffs, 14-29 for 207 against Chicago, 9-26 for 119 yards against Minnesota, and then went off against Denver when he found several receivers running wide open downfield.

He's, of course, remembered most for that one Super Bowl, but he was an average QB for the most part.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #14
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend
 
El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,915
Member Number: 8264
Thanks: 510
Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,650 Posts
Default Re: Lefty similar to Doug Williams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
uh.......rick mirer was a white dude so you can't compare them ...
You had to go there didnt you??

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelax04 View Post
Doug does have a Super Bowl win, so let's compare RG3 to him instead.
Bob Griffin has 3 wins so far in the NFL. Lets compare him to Vince Young at this point. Brady Quinn if we allow caucasian comparisons.
__________________
El-Gonzo Jackson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #15
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod
 
Fire Arians's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 11,316
Member Number: 16570
Thanks: 2,149
Thanked 8,370 Times in 3,507 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Lefty similar to Doug Williams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
Williams also threw 93 INT, had a miserable 49% completion percentage, and a paltry 6.8 YPA. Career record of 38-42-1.

The year they won the Super Bowl, he was 0-2 as a starter before the playoffs, 14-29 for 207 against Chicago, 9-26 for 119 yards against Minnesota, and then went off against Denver when he found several receivers running wide open downfield.

He's, of course, remembered most for that one Super Bowl, but he was an average QB for the most part.
then he should be compared to tim tebow lol. a shitty qb who just had the game of his life in a big game, but otherwise, not deserving of much credit.
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #16
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 40,675
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,426
Thanked 11,004 Times in 4,557 Posts
Default Re: Lefty similar to Doug Williams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
You had to go there didnt you??



Bob Griffin has 3 wins so far in the NFL. Lets compare him to Vince Young at this point. Brady Quinn if we allow caucasian comparisons.
well bob griffin does sound MUCH more caucasian that RGIII.
__________________
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:47 PM   #17
desertsteel
Assistant Coach
 
desertsteel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,440
Gender: Male
Member Number: 915
Thanks: 284
Thanked 727 Times in 378 Posts
Default Re: Lefty similar to Doug Williams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Doug Williams threw for 16,998 YDS, 100TD, and threw over 1000 more passes than Leftwich in his NFL career. (He also spent 3 years in the USFL)

Byron Leftwich threw for 10,000 YDS and 58TD's in an era where there is more passing done in the NFL.

Byron Leftwich should not be mentioned in the same breath as Doug Williams. Lefty is more similar to Rick Mirer, IMO. http://www.nfl.com/player/rickmirer/2502134/profile
Rick Mirer LOL... what a hater you are!

Mirer's career QBR was 64 and Lefty's is 80. Not even close.
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #18
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend
 
El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,915
Member Number: 8264
Thanks: 510
Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,650 Posts
Default Re: Lefty similar to Doug Williams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
well bob griffin does sound MUCH more caucasian that RGIII.
I think that a rookie with 3 wins should not be glossed with a nickname. Until he beats the Steelers he will always be Bob Griffin to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsteel View Post
Rick Mirer LOL... what a hater you are!

Mirer's career QBR was 64 and Lefty's is 80. Not even close.
According to NFL.com Leftwich's QB Rating is 65.5......... http://www.nfl.com/player/byronleftw...73/careerstats

I'm just the messenger, not the hater.
__________________
El-Gonzo Jackson is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts