Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2006, 06:13 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,734
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,662
Thanked 7,063 Times in 3,065 Posts
Default which ex pats player will rip the F.O. next?

so far law and mcginnest have came out to voice their displeasure in belichick getting the credit for leading a group of vagabonds to glory.

i can see both sides though. sure they got their rings and left for more money and should quit being little whining bitches.

but then again im sure neither will be introducing belichick at his h.o.f. induction, as they stand on the outside looking in.

meanwhile kraft is pocketing a gripload of cash. hell, even brady has voiced his displeasure.

im thinking vinatieri will make the next public comments against the organization.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:26 PM   #2
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter
 
RoethlisBURGHer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Clowns Town,Ohio
Posts: 5,941
Member Number: 370
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: which ex pats player will rip the F.O. next?

Bellichick is so egotistical he'll present himself at his HoF induction.
__________________

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:33 PM   #3
boLT fan
Team Captain
 
boLT fan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Erie, Pa
Posts: 919
Gender: Male
Member Number: 901
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: which ex pats player will rip the F.O. next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer
Bellichick is so egotistical he'll present himself at his HoF induction.
I like Bellichick but damn that was funny.


I agree, if anyone it'll be Vinateri next. He won't be talking about he founds out that no matter how good he does, Manning will lose.
boLT fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 01:31 AM   #4
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: which ex pats player will rip the F.O. next?

For the record, Vinatieri has already been voicing his displeasure at his years of underpaid, underachieving slave labor at the hands of Bill 'Lenin' Belichick.

He apparently wont refer to the Patriots by their name, but only as 'my ex-team'.

Sounds kinda childish to me.

I, like many other Patriots fans, could care less what ex-players (or even current players who need to get with the program) think of what Kraft, Pioli and BB have achieved.

The 3 wise kings have already shown that they know what is best for the most successful franchise of the salary cap era - if Law, Milloy and McGinest et al dont like it - they've got their choice of 31 other teams they sign up for overpaid failure at.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:18 AM   #5
j-dawg
Team Captain
 
j-dawg's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: los angeles
Posts: 789
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2228
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: which ex pats player will rip the F.O. next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
For the record, Vinatieri has already been voicing his displeasure at his years of underpaid, underachieving slave labor at the hands of Bill 'Lenin' Belichick.

He apparently wont refer to the Patriots by their name, but only as 'my ex-team'.

Sounds kinda childish to me.

I, like many other Patriots fans, could care less what ex-players (or even current players who need to get with the program) think of what Kraft, Pioli and BB have achieved.

The 3 wise kings have already shown that they know what is best for the most successful franchise of the salary cap era - if Law, Milloy and McGinest et al dont like it - they've got their choice of 31 other teams they sign up for overpaid failure at.

NM
although i understand your point, i'm reading a tab bit of bitterness here... players leave teams all the time... for example... did reggie white get overpaid, and did he experience failure when he left for greenbay? or closer to your team, did ty law suck last year, and do you think kansas city is going to suck this year?

hmmm....
__________________
j-dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:23 AM   #6
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: which ex pats player will rip the F.O. next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-dawg
although i understand your point, i'm reading a tab bit of bitterness here... players leave teams all the time... for example... did reggie white get overpaid, and did he experience failure when he left for greenbay? or closer to your team, did ty law suck last year, and do you think kansas city is going to suck this year?

hmmm....
Bitterness?

Sure it is - these guys are criticising the hand that fed them good money and success - its a sad indictment of professional sports that these guys get paid more money than they can spend and still they talk about 'having to have enough money to eat'.

I have no problem with the concept of players leaving for more money elsewhere - thats their choice in a free market.

What I do have a problem with is these same players taking shots at the organisation that provided a platform that allowed them to promote their talent in the first place.

When I mentioned players leaving to 'fail playing for 31 other teams' I was talking about ex-Patriots players - when was Reggie White a Patriots player?

Maybe you can name me an ex-Patriots player from the BB/Pioli/Kraft era that has left Foxboro and actually increased their successfulnes?

Im a New England Patriots fan first and foremost, not a Ty Law or Willie McG fan, as soon as they trade in that Patriots jersey they become 'just another player'.

Its not as if disgruntled ex-players are the norm anyhow - the problem being that periods of high success during the salary cap ear creates these issues.

If another team can replicate the Patriots success in the next 10 years then they will find out all about players that rate themselves a little too highly.

NM

Last edited by Livinginthe past; 08-10-2006 at 09:26 AM.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:52 AM   #7
j-dawg
Team Captain
 
j-dawg's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: los angeles
Posts: 789
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2228
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: which ex pats player will rip the F.O. next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Bitterness?

Sure it is - these guys are criticising the hand that fed them good money and success - its a sad indictment of professional sports that these guys get paid more money than they can spend and still they talk about 'having to have enough money to eat'.

I have no problem with the concept of players leaving for more money elsewhere - thats their choice in a free market.

What I do have a problem with is these same players taking shots at the organisation that provided a platform that allowed them to promote their talent in the first place.

When I mentioned players leaving to 'fail playing for 31 other teams' I was talking about ex-Patriots players - when was Reggie White a Patriots player?

Maybe you can name me an ex-Patriots player from the BB/Pioli/Kraft era that has left Foxboro and actually increased their successfulnes?

Im a New England Patriots fan first and foremost, not a Ty Law or Willie McG fan, as soon as they trade in that Patriots jersey they become 'just another player'.

Its not as if disgruntled ex-players are the norm anyhow - the problem being that periods of high success during the salary cap ear creates these issues.

If another team can replicate the Patriots success in the next 10 years then they will find out all about players that rate themselves a little too highly.

NM
i hear you on the loyalty issue. these guys see somebody on another team making more money than they are, doing the same thing, and they get pissed. but the salary cap era didn't create that... heck, athletes have been leaving teams and talking crap about their old team since any pro sport has been around.

i didn't say reggie played for the patriots... i was using him as an example of a free agent that went onto another team and had success. i believe ty law will have some of that same success in kansas city.

i totally understand your point here, i only think it's a bit imperceptive to suggest that these ex-patriot players wont have just as important an impact on their new teams, and that these teams won't be successful.
__________________
j-dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:17 AM   #8
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,734
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,662
Thanked 7,063 Times in 3,065 Posts
Default Re: which ex pats player will rip the F.O. next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past



If another team can replicate the Patriots success in the next 10 years then they will find out all about players that rate themselves a little too highly.

NM
maybe its the coach who rates himself a little too highly. what has he done without law, willie mac, and vinatieri? after all it wasnt him making the game winning kicks. maybe the players are bitter that they are the ones who put the patriots and kraft on the map and revived them from mediocrity. whose hand is feeding who? all owners pay their players. only certain players and teams feed the owners success. just ask dan snyder.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:17 AM   #9
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: which ex pats player will rip the F.O. next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-dawg
i hear you on the loyalty issue. these guys see somebody on another team making more money than they are, doing the same thing, and they get pissed. but the salary cap era didn't create that... heck, athletes have been leaving teams and talking crap about their old team since any pro sport has been around.

i didn't say reggie played for the patriots... i was using him as an example of a free agent that went onto another team and had success. i believe ty law will have some of that same success in kansas city.

i totally understand your point here, i only think it's a bit imperceptive to suggest that these ex-patriot players wont have just as important an impact on their new teams, and that these teams won't be successful.
Well the FA's havent had success so far - those are the facts.

We will see how well pro-bowl CB Ty Law does this year and how deep his team gets into the playoffs.

Im not saying it can't happen - just in the overwhelming majority of cases that these players have been vastly less successful.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:18 AM   #10
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: which ex pats player will rip the F.O. next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
maybe its the coach who rates himself a little too highly. what has he done without law, willie mac, and vinatieri? after all it wasnt him making the game winning kicks. maybe the players are bitter that they are the ones who put the patriots and kraft on the map and revived them from mediocrity. whose hand is feeding who? all owners pay their players. only certain players and teams feed the owners success. just ask dan snyder.
I know you like it spelt out nice and simple Tony.

BB 3 SB's > Bill Cowhers 1 SB.

There you go.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts