Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-18-2012, 07:24 AM   #1
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 4,201 Times in 2,159 Posts
My Mood: Innocent
Default Official Fox News is BS thread

Fox News "mole" Joe Muto visited HuffPost Live the other day (as our Priscilla previously posted) and confirmed something we've long suspected: that not even Fox News believes Dick Morris' predictions.

Muto said:

The people at Fox are not stupid. …They know when they have Dick Morris or one of these other pundits on predicting a landslide victory for Romney, people behind the scenes know that it’s all bluster. They know that this is sort of an entertainment. They know that a lot of these people are just hucksters and they’re trying either to sell a product – I guess in Dick Morris’ case subscriptions to his website or political consulting fees or something like that. …We producers behind the scenes know that this is all kind of a farce. The reason we don’t sort of step in and give more of a reality check to our audience is because that’s terrible for ratings.

As I've previously posted, Dick Morris recently admitted to Sean Hannity that he predicted Mitt Romney's landslide victory in order to help his then-floundering campaign. Although Morris insisted he had believed his own predictions, there is plenty to suggest in his comments that he knew he was exaggerating. At the very least, Morris' remark - that he felt it was his "duty at that point to go out and say what I said" - raises a lot of red flags about Morris' integrity as a Fox News "political analyst" and begs the question, what would he have said under other circumstances?

Now, Muto is saying that not even Fox believes what Morris says but that they promote his bluster because it's good for ratings.

So if Muto is right and Fox knows Morris is full of BS, does this not raise the question as to whether Morris deliberately says things he knows are not true - but sensational - to complete the vicious cycle of good-for-ratings dissembling?

http://www.newshounds.us/fox_news_mo...of_bs_11172012

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:29 AM   #2
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 4,201 Times in 2,159 Posts
My Mood: Innocent
Default Re: Official Fox News is BS thread

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,458 Times in 1,672 Posts

More
Stupid
Nonstop
Bullshit
Continues

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,227 Times in 2,679 Posts

bu...bu...bu...MSNBC???

i dont watch msnbc, but i do think olberman is pretty damn funny and burns a hole in the republicans ass, everytime he speaks about them. i can see why they hate him. kinda the same with bill mahr. not a big fan, but his burns are schorching.

i admitt watching the election results, as soon as CNN called it for obama, i quickly turned to FOX to see the spin, and was blessed with the most embarrassing meltdown as karl rove stomped his feet and demanded the station recall its announcement that obama took ohio and had won.

if mel kiper jr. pulled a stunt like that during the NFL draft, his entire career would be flushed down the toilet (along with the legitimacy of anyone who employs him- ESPN).
Old 11-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #5
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,827 Times in 2,693 Posts

Recent screen shot from the GOP's answer to Pravda

Imagine a media operation existing solely to promote a specific ideology
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Atlanta Dan For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-18-2012)
Old 11-18-2012, 04:38 PM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,227 Times in 2,679 Posts

so how is the national "scandal" FOX News exposed of iran firing at one of our drones working out?

obama been impeached yet?

have we mobilized a groundforce for invasion like war hero mitt romeny woulda done (and FOX woulda endorsed w/ patriotic flags awaving)?

again... as loud as a snowmobile, doing surveilance from heights that they cant be seen, add in a bit of stealth technology to thwart any real missles, and some outdated russian pea shooters arent that big of a concern.

i think we've dumped 2 here in the dirt just so the sr. airmen and ssgs can practice landing (see photo).

theres big mystery surrounding these probably because their great kill ratio, and of images of them flying in Transformers movies at supersonic speeds, but if they were such a big deal, i dont think they would let me wipe them down with my rag. (supersonic propeller is located in the back)-

FOX News is a buch of propoganda pushing drama queens. its a shame cause their parent is such a great network.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:02 PM   #7
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

I think Muto's absolutely correct. Fox News is entertainment, with a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders to raise their ratings. I don't see any problem with this. No one should be getting news from the television, anyways.

I think the worst case scenario (and there is a plausible case for this) is to revoke their press passes across the board. They shouldn't have access to anything that Taylor Lautner or Taylor Swift or any of the other Taylor entertainers don't have. They should continue conducting interviews at the local Hooters and having O'Reilly fart onscreen. It's not like any of their news or opinion pieces are based on interviews or investigatory reporting anyway. They'd never miss it.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:39 PM   #8
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,458 Times in 1,672 Posts

Isn't O'Reilly and the likes opinion shows?

As far as Rove goes his an idiot and it's not the first time he's thrown a temper tantrum on national tv.

I think lefties hate it because their sole existence doesn't revolve around gobbling obaaamas nut sack.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MACH1 For This Useful Post:
cubanstogie (11-18-2012)
Old 11-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #9
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post

As far as Rove goes his an idiot and it's not the first time he's thrown a temper tantrum on national tv.

I think lefties hate it because their sole existence doesn't revolve around gobbling obaaamas nut sack.
exactly, like Chris Mathews. Nauseating how much he wants to blow Hussein. O'reilly at least has libs on to debate on every show. They usually get schooled by there conservative counterparts but at least the show is fair. Alan Colmes is the only bigger tool on TV than Mathews and his sister in law (monica crowley ) routinely sticks it to him. They always preach freedom of speech until its something they don't want to hear. Then the call it racism or sexism etc....If you are against gay marriage, guess what you suddenly hate them. If you think Hillary is in way over her head, you are sexist. They attack the only channel that sees things from a conservative side. Threatened is what they feel.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #10
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,827 Times in 2,693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post

The problem might be Fox actually expects viewers to believe it is "fair and balanced," which indicates Fox regards its viewers to be morons

It might be particularly subtle satire for O'Reilly to bitch in the screen shot above about "leftist" media outlets pushing ideology with the implication that is a bad thing while getting paid by a network that has pioneered the business model for making big $$$ by playing to what your viewers regard to be a matter of truth rather than a matter of opinion

Mad props to Roger Ailes for making huge $$$ but as far as the "News" part of "Fox News" some of us are not impressed

Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote