Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 11-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #1
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default Why can't we do that?

Don't get me wrong, I DO NOT want us to be "like" the Bengals, but right now they are up 28 to 6 vs the Chiefs AT ARROWHEAD! We barely beat them at home. Now I know some here will laugh and say things like "who cares, we win in the playoffs", or "we win 12 games a year, who cares how", etc., but it's embarrassing to see the Bengals whoop them in their house when they almost beat us in ours. More importantly it's not a characteristic of a good team, good teams may not blow every bad team out, but they don't make "nail biter" games out of them either. I'm optimistic today and I'm not trying to bitch....just wanting to hear some of your guys ideas on why we are so terribly inconsistent?

Last edited by tanda10506; 11-18-2012 at 04:15 PM.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:52 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,099 Times in 4,593 Posts
Default Re: Why can't we do that?

bengals are showing all the characteristics of a very good team by beating the cheifs?

bungle penis envy...
Old 11-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #3
tony hipchest
Supporter

the honest answer is the cheifs tont care any more or less about beating the bungs than just about any other (non-divisional)team they face on their schedule.

EVERY team circles the steelers on their calendar as soon as the schedule comes out ESPECIALLY if its primetime/nationally televised game.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:58 PM   #4
BlaZeQuietly
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 18219

The steelers never blow anybody out ever EVER EVER!
BlaZeQuietly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #5
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
bengals are showing all the characteristics of a very good team by beating the cheifs?
Prime example of the "few" that I mentioned and the answers they would give. Of course the Bengals aren't a great team, as I clearly implied, and that's what raises the question. If a team like the Bengals can own KC in KC then we shouldn't be worried in the 4th quarter vs KC in our house. As for the everybody circling the Steelers on the schedule thing, I doubt that. Maybe after we win a SB, but why would KC, PHI, NYG, etc. care any more about beating us then they do any other good team. I think the problem is more that we (the Steelers) circle games on the schedule and overlook the scrubs, not that the scrubs circle us.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:30 PM   #6
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
Prime example of the "few" that I mentioned and the answers they would give. Of course the Bengals aren't a great team, as I clearly implied, and that's what raises the question. If a team like the Bengals can own KC in KC then we shouldn't be worried in the 4th quarter vs KC in our house. As for the everybody circling the Steelers on the schedule thing, I doubt that. Maybe after we win a SB, but why would KC, PHI, NYG, etc. care any more about beating us then they do any other good team. I think the problem is more that we (the Steelers) circle games on the schedule and overlook the scrubs, not that the scrubs circle us.
youre right. now deal with it and quit whining.

we circle calendars...

- FIRE THE PLAYERS WITH A PEN AND A CALENDAR!!!!

-...AND THE COACHES TOO!!!!
Old 11-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #7
BlaZeQuietly
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 18219

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
I don't know about that. I think it has to do with our style of play. We don't showboat, we take a knee and just tend to get a lead, play it safe punt the ball, pin then inside the 20, and repeat until the clock says 00:00? thats the best answer you are going to get.
BlaZeQuietly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #8
BowCatShot
Banned

Member Number: 24236

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
The steelers never blow anybody out ever EVER EVER!
Follow the money, ladies and gentlemen, and use your little gray cells. The nfl doesn't like blowouts. The tv stations don't like like blowouts. Most importantly the advertisers, who write the paychecks for all concerned, hate blowouts because viewership goes down during one, except for the fans of the team doing the blowing out. That means that fewer people will be watching those high priced commercials that the advertisers are paying for. So, the advertisers don't get the return on investment on those kinda games. You think that they don't mention that to the nfl owners and Goodell?
BowCatShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #9
tony hipchest
Supporter

"Style points dont matter".

-Mike Tomlin (bill cowher wanst a blowout ***** either.- leave that shit for douches like jon harbaugh and belichick, and any fan who wants the steelers to be like them).
Old 11-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #10
ChristianKustomz
Starter

Member Number: 24383

Have you not watched the last 10 years of Pittsburgh ball? NONE of our wins are pretty and very rarely do we blow anyone out. But we are a team that pulls wins out usually at the last second. That's our history. That's why I get tickets to every game I can because you get your monies worth out of the game.
ChristianKustomz is offline   Reply With Quote