Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-19-2012, 12:31 AM   #11
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 22,611 Times in 9,259 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: mike adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
mike adams played the same he has all year, the only difference being the qb under center.
That... and Suggs, Kruger, and Ngata are sort of... uh... good.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:02 AM   #12
bhandsome08
Water Boy

Member Number: 24495

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
mike adams played the same he has all year, the only difference being the qb under center.
I have to agree. With Ben, the offense is more up tempo and he gets rid of the ball quicker. Which meant Adams never really had to protect the QB for too long. I like him in run blocking a lot. I think he's gonna be a starter in Pittsburgh for a long time, along with DD, Gilbert, and Pouncey.
bhandsome08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:04 AM   #13
dez09231
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11142

He's a rookie. Not every lineman is Pouncey right off the bat.
dez09231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:07 AM   #14
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
That... and Suggs, Kruger, and Ngata are sort of... uh... good.
I might be alone in this but I honestly think Suggs is the most overrated player in the NFL. It was an absolute travesty that he got DPOY last year. Jared Allen should have got it with 22 sacks, and if not him then JPP. I made a post about this before but Suggs had 3 or 4 huge games with multiple sacks (thanks for giving our rival DPOY on your way out Rollerskates) and got absolutely shut down in multiple contests. He was nonexistent tonight too other than the nice play he made cutting the legs out of the pulling blocker in the backfield (Colon I guess).

Yeah I just checked the stat line for the DPOY. Suggs had 1 tackle and 2 assists in the biggest game of the Ravens season thus far and maybe the game that sealed their divisional win. He got blocked one on one by Miller more than once. To be fair he is coming back from injury.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:18 AM   #15
bhandsome08
Water Boy

Member Number: 24495

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
It was an absolute travesty that he got DPOY last year. Jared Allen should have got it with 22 sacks, and if not him then JPP.
I thought this too. Jared Allen was a total beast last season. There were at least 2-3 players more deserving of the DPOY.
bhandsome08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:03 AM   #16
Blonde Bomber
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 7829

I admit I am not a college football watcher, I have better things to do on Saturday. My nephew, however went to school with Adams, and as soon as we drafted him, my nephew was on the horn telling me that he was a lazy blocker. I hope he turns out to be that longtime starter we want though.

How has a dink and dunk offense helped our QB I ask?
Blonde Bomber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:21 AM   #17
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

It seems after every loss, there is a few people who want to scapegoat a player or two. This time its seems to be Adams. Adams played no differently than he has all season. He is a very good run blocker but hasn't yet developed enough strength to "stick" a player on the pass rush. That will come as will technique. Of the three sacks last night, 1 was from Ngata up the A gap, the other was from a DB coming from the left side. Kruger gave Adams fits all night, but then Kruger is a pretty damn goods player.
This id is a rookie and not every rookie OT is going to play like Munoz, Long, Boselli etc. Adams will be fine.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:15 AM   #18
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

[QUOTE=lloydwoodson;1050700]I might be alone in this but I honestly think Suggs is the most overrated player in the NFL. It was an absolute travesty that he got DPOY last year. Jared Allen should have got it with 22 sacks, and if not him then JPP. I made a post about this before but Suggs had 3 or 4 huge games with multiple sacks (thanks for giving our rival DPOY on your way out Rollerskates) and got absolutely shut down in multiple contests. He was nonexistent tonight too other than the nice play he made cutting the legs out of the pulling blocker in the backfield (Colon I guess).

Yeah I just checked the stat line for the DPOY. Suggs had 1 tackle and 2 assists in the biggest game of the Ravens season thus far and maybe the game that sealed their divisional win. He got blocked one on one by Miller more than once. To be fair he is coming back from injury.[/QUOTE]

Horse sh!+... He's been back long enough! No Excuses!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #19
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,744 Times in 1,295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5895 View Post
This id is a rookie and not every rookie OT is going to play like Munoz, Long, Boselli etc. Adams will be fine.
Thank you for more rational thought.

Most think a pothead that didnt play college ball for a full season last year and can only bench 14 reps of 225lbs should be an all pro by his rookie season.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #20
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

Adams was fine, he gets beat on the speed rush on the outside, other tgan that he is fine. When he figures that out out he will be solid. At least he is not taking out all our Oline each game!
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote