Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-19-2012, 12:43 AM   #31
dez09231
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11142
Default Re: Ravens suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
the ravens are better than us without ben, that's just how it is.

^This.

Baltimore doesn't impress me. We aren't that impressive, either. Yeah, 8-2 is nice, and they pretty much locked up the division, but they aren't really formidable. Better than everyone in the AFC aside from Houston and Denver, I think. Us and them are pretty much equal; both are good enough to beat anyone, but the odds of either of us winning it all is pretty slim.

I am surprised that they didn't throw another Gatorade shower, though. Seeing as they don't win actual Super Bowls, beating us in the regular is realistically their biggest attainable goal.
dez09231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:05 AM   #32
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by dez09231 View Post
^This.

Baltimore doesn't impress me. We aren't that impressive, either. Yeah, 8-2 is nice, and they pretty much locked up the division, but they aren't really formidable. Better than everyone in the AFC aside from Houston and Denver, I think. Us and them are pretty much equal; both are good enough to beat anyone, but the odds of either of us winning it all is pretty slim.

I am surprised that they didn't throw another Gatorade shower, though. Seeing as they don't win actual Super Bowls, beating us in the regular is realistically their biggest attainable goal.
You really think we don't have a chance? With the #1 defense and Big Ben, we definitely have a good chance of going all the way. Baltimore's defense is average, or below average in the current state it's in now. And worst of all, they have to rely on Flacco as their QB. Yeah, he outplayed Brady in the AFCCG last year.. But the guy is as inconsistent as they come.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:11 AM   #33
dez09231
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11142

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
You really think we don't have a chance? With the #1 defense and Big Ben, we definitely have a good chance of going all the way. Baltimore's defense is average, or below average in the current state it's in now. And worst of all, they have to rely on Flacco as their QB. Yeah, he outplayed Brady in the AFCCG last year.. But the guy is as inconsistent as they come.
I didn't say we don't have any chance, I said it's unlikely.

Houston and Denver will probably be the byes. Baltimore will be 3, New England 4.

I don't think we can go to Baltimore/New England, then to Denver/Houston, then to whoever is left and win. That's a tough go of it.

And Flacco is perfect. I love Flacco. He's just good enough that they won't replace him, but he's still Flacco. He's Sanchez in a better spot.
dez09231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:13 AM   #34
CTSxViper
Banned

Member Number: 20864

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCurtain5643 View Post
You got lucky vs the Pats with a FG that missed. You put up 55 against THE RAIDERS. They suck, your offense is putrid. If you dont think so you werent watching the game tonight. Flacco is a joke. You guys should be nowhere close to 8-2.
Okay. Bottom line... Steelers Lost.... 6-4 and you want to criticize 8-2. Good luck next week... Ravens are not playing that great granted. But this game was very important. It was close all night.
CTSxViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:16 AM   #35
CTSxViper
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCullinanForever View Post
Ravens will not win a playoff game this year. Mark my words - come back to this post 7 weeks from now and see how right I am. That team looked like ***** shit tonight. I didn't fear them for 1 second - the only thing I was fearing was our QB who looked good enough to be 2nd string on my high school football team. Ravens didn't beat the Steelers tonight, the 2 Kansas City defenders who took down Ben beat us tonight. In short, Ravens suck.
Funny. Ravens and Steelers fought hard tonight. Someone has to win, and it came down to the last seconds. Using up your timeouts and keeping your QB in when he was absolutely in pain was I think bad judgment. But there's another matchup in (2) weeks.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:25 AM   #36
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860

As stated earlier, no punt return, no win! Our D is far better than yours and we will see you soon! Go suck down a bottle of ranch dressing!
Old 11-19-2012, 01:46 AM   #37
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

It is not a coincidence that Ravens fans posted on the thread entitled "Ravens suck." Don't be bitter because they are defending their terrible team. You would too. Pretty soon the only thing defensive about the Ravens is going to be their fans. As soon as Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are through you are going to have to rely on Flacco to win it all. Good luck with that.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:47 AM   #38
CTSxViper
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
As stated earlier, no punt return, no win! Our D is far better than yours and we will see you soon! Go suck down a bottle of ranch dressing!
Hey you know what, the Ravens did what they needed. Our special teams knocking the ball out. The Punt Return. Holding the Steelers to low scoring. I still give the Steelers credit as you are right in that you were hurt bad without Ben. But a win is a win. And in two weeks you will be in Baltimore. That will be a good game too. Both teams need work and need to improve on some things. The Steelers had several chances to capitalize tonight and just fell short. See you in (2) weeks!
Old 11-19-2012, 01:48 AM   #39
CTSxViper
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
It is not a coincidence that Ravens fans posted on the thread entitled "Ravens suck." Don't be bitter because they are defending their terrible team. You would too. Pretty soon the only thing defensive about the Ravens is going to be their fans. As soon as Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are through you are going to have to rely on Flacco to win it all. Good luck with that.
Oh but it's okay when your fans post in our forums right? BS
Old 11-19-2012, 01:56 AM   #40
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSxViper View Post
Oh but it's okay when your fans post in our forums right? BS
I will stop by your forums and post after the Steelers eliminate the Ravens from the playoffs yet again. I like to show up when it counts most- maybe I should sit down with Lee Evans.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote