Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 11-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 18219
Exclamation Not Leftwich's Fault

Everyone seem's to be so upset with Leftwich's performance last night. He scored the only touch down we had! He also made a few good throws with two broken ribs. He should have been removed from the game when he was obviously in pain and not able to throw the ball even close to his potential. I do agree we need another option for back-up, I have no confidence in Leftwich or Batch against the browns. Just think If Wallce didnt fumble the ball, if Wallce made more effort to drag his feet on the fade that was well placed, and if Wallace made a little extra effort to catch the ball that was thrown low to him near the end of the game. It's like hes saying "don't wanna pay me? I'm not gonna play 100%" I'm not trying to point fingers be really last night game SHOULD have been won. We really need to beat the browns next week with cinci nipping at our heals.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #2
kent
Bench Warmer

Speed Racer Champion! Big Truck Adventures 3 Champion! Bejeweled Champion! Chain Reaction - Newgrounds Champion!
Member Number: 24510
Default Re: Not Leftwich's Fault

We will beat the brown no matter who plays Qb as long as we play good d and run the ball. I think bad play calling and mike wallace lost the game for us. Why pass on second down on the five yard line. Wallace should have got those feet in though and that fumble really hurt us.
kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #3
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 18219

Exactly, Very winnable game our defense looked amazing. Can't wait for Brown and Ben to come back. I hope they are both back for the next ravens games, we at least need to split with them this season, we can't let them sweep us two years in a row come on!

- As far as beating the browns no matter what... did you see the fight they put up yesterday? They are a lot better team than their record shows. We will probably win since I'm sure we can stop Richardson, but we are going to need to score points, and if we play like we did last night we won't.

Last edited by BlaZeQuietly; 11-19-2012 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Had to mention we aren't guaranteed to beat the browns
BlaZeQuietly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:54 PM   #4
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

It seemed like Lefty got hung out to dry in there. He was hurt, and why subject Batch to a potential injury when the D was keeping us so close? If Batch went in and got hurt, we're all out of QB's. Maybe if the Ravens offense showed signs of life Batch comes in to try and fix things. But the whole game it really seemed like we might be a big play away from taking over.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Darkstorm05 For This Useful Post:
Atlanta Dan (11-19-2012)
Old 11-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #5
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,336 Times in 2,901 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 View Post
It seemed like Lefty got hung out to dry in there. He was hurt, and why subject Batch to a potential injury when the D was keeping us so close? If Batch went in and got hurt, we're all out of QB's. Maybe if the Ravens offense showed signs of life Batch comes in to try and fix things. But the whole game it really seemed like we might be a big play away from taking over.
Good points

Maybe they knew Leftwich was f***ed up but not going to die on the field - so live to fight another day with Batch?
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #6
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Good points

Maybe they knew Leftwich was f***ed up but not going to die on the field - so live to fight another day with Batch?
Pretty much. It also just occurred to me...if they let Lefty come out and a trainer/doctor looks him over and says he's done, and Batch gets the hammer dropped on him in the game, what then? Now you can't send Lefty back because he isn't cleared, and Batch is down.

Now suppose, instead, you tell Lefty that unless he feels he's in imminent danger of serious irreparable harm, he better act like he's OK to keep going. Now you get Lefty holding his ribs in pain every time he moves, but steers clear of the trainers on the sideline. When that reporter comes trotting over at the half and asks if he's in pain, he jerks upright and yells "I'M OK!".

Same kind of deal the Browns pulled on Colt McCoy. They swear they didn't know he was concussed...because they kept him away from the trainers and scraped him up off the bench and sent him back out.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:11 PM   #7
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

A word of caution to all Steeler fans, this will be no gimmee!!! In my estimation the Browns have a better defense than the Ravens, I expect them to hit Batch early and often. Make no bones about it, they will play their hearts out against us and we are one injury plagued bunch right now. Anybody calling an easy win should be flogged 40 times with the Terrible towel.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricco Suavez For This Useful Post:
WVABE (11-22-2012)
Old 11-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #8
Terminator
Team Captain

Member Number: 24492

Leftwhich should of spoke up. He didn't. He told the coaches he was fine. He said in the post-game interview that he was fine. He was not fine. He was not capable to throw a proper pass.

There comes a time when you have to stop trying to look tough, take a step back, and do what's best for the team.

Big Ben did NOT do this last year again San Francisco and we paid for it. Bad.
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:37 AM   #9
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Doubtful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Leftwhich should of spoke up. He didn't. He told the coaches he was fine. He said in the post-game interview that he was fine. He was not fine. He was not capable to throw a proper pass.

There comes a time when you have to stop trying to look tough, take a step back, and do what's best for the team.

Big Ben did NOT do this last year again San Francisco and we paid for it. Bad.
Yup. This writer says Tomlin blew it.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...uation-662850/
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:40 PM   #10
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Why is it we always have to find someone to blame a loss on. It was obvious Lefty hurt. He and Ben are from the same mold in regards to toughness, sometimes to a fault. When a running back fumbles from try to get extra yardage you just except it, unlike when Wallace fumbles with barely being touched . $hit happens, I don't blame Lefty for wanting to compete.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote