Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-18-2012, 11:09 PM   #31
IowaSteeler927
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 2,584 Times in 1,167 Posts
My Mood: Brooding
Default Re: OFFICIAL baltimore gamegoat thread. Vent away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkindness View Post
"Waaaaaaaa........without the punt return we win....."

I thought Excuses were tools of the incompetent.

It's a game of inches. Ravens got what they needed and beat the Steelers. Ravens have injuries just as serious as yours.

Get over it. Your season is over. 3 losses in a row to Ravens. You will your next two games to seal the deal.

Ravens are a superior team. Steelers are on the backslide now.
Go blow a goat troll. You guys were gift wrapped a win last season when push-off Smith wasn't called for offensive P.I. as he should have been. The refs helped you out a few times in this game as well. Your vaunted offense scored a whole six points. The other seven came on a punt return TD that should have been called back on a block in the back that the officials missed. The Ravens suck. Even if you make the playoffs you'll just choke in epic fashion. Wide left anyone...
IowaSteeler927 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #32
RichardCullinanForever
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18924

Yeah, the Ravens won't win a single playoff game this year. If you told me that they were a 3 win team - based on their performance tonight - I would have believed you. 6 fucking points aint gonna win shit once you're playing an offense capable of performing better than a high school offense.
RichardCullinanForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:15 PM   #33
Terminator
Team Captain

Member Number: 24492

You know, I'm not even as disappointed losing to Baltimore as I thought I would be. All this game did tonight was make me more mad that we lost to the pathetic Raiders and Titans. Ugh.
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:17 PM   #34
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Trash talking after his team put up that shit performance against a banged up backup QB. lol.. Someone's mad he didn't get his Gatorade bath this evening.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:17 PM   #35
LayingTheWoodley56
Starter

Member Number: 19023

Truly, the goat is HALEY. Down 13-7, he should have ran the ball on first down and set us up to punch it, not thrown it on first, ran it on second (with great success, mind you) and then thrown a fucking fade on 3rd and goal that was destined for failure. He should have known we wouldn't be down there again and gotten it into the end zone intelligently.

Can't believe we lost this game. Our D was LIGHTS OUT and we blew it. Honorary mention goats goes to Wallace for handing them three points and to our punt team for giving them another 7. Kudos to the D because they killed it tonight, other than the fact that we are still physically incapable of getting takeaways.
LayingTheWoodley56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:17 PM   #36
Terminator
Team Captain

Member Number: 24492

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Wow. I understand frustration, but blaming Leftwich is beyond stupid. Top to bottom, the offense didn't play well. Leftwich's throws were off, yes, but that's a result of getting hit far too often which can be credited to the fact Heath wasn't put in to help Adams on the right side. Kruger worked Adams all night and Haley didn't make the correct adjustments. The offensive line - save for Pouncey - looked pretty bad. Mike Adams isn't capable of taking guys one on one, and Colon wasn't playing with any intensity it seemed. Mendenhall wasn't playing with any explosiveness and was a non-factor.

The defense was a completely different story. They looked good - and by good, I mean 2008 good. Flacco looked like a high school quarterback that didn't know his ass from his elbow and constantly made poor throws. Once again, Mundy fucked up and dropped what should have been a sure interception. Timmons was making plays all night, and Woodley showed explosiveness off the edge. In reality, the Steelers' D held the Ravens to 6 points. 6 points. Taylor completely and utterly shut down Smith all game and made him a non-factor. Lewis let a couple of throws connect, but for the most part, had a decent enough game. Hampton looked like a force on most plays against that Ravens OLine and Keisel had a good enough game. Heyward, though, was thoroughly impressive. He generated pressure on almost every snap which resulted in poor throw after poor throw from Flacco. The defense looked stout.

Regarding Leftwich - even with a weak arm he can still throw it farther down the field and Batch can. Clamoring for Batch to come in is easily the stupidest thing I've ever heard. He's long, long passed his prime and is a waste of 500 000 on the cap right now. I don't understand the love for Charlie - he's never been talented and with the leadership we have on this team, it's insane he's still on the roster. Leftwich made a couple of throws that were right on the money and ended up being big gains. If Cotchery hangs on to the ball, despite being hit by Pollard, the game ends up differently.

There's nothing wrong with Wallace's attitude - he wasn't targeted all game. In fact, when he was, it resulted in a 40+ yard penalty because they couldn't run with him. Despite the success on the first play of the game they never went back to him on the deep ball. Instead, they insisted on short throws which Leftwich couldn't hit. The run game was ineffective early on and ended up being the bane of this offense. The lack of a run game threw play action out the window and the offense became one-dimensional.

I understand the frustration, but it's misplaced. The playcalling was suspect and the OLine played poorly. The defense played like a top 3 unit in this league and ultimately, special teams ended up being the difference. The Ravens look beatable and weak on offense when paired against a capable defense.
I disagree. Leftwhich missed many wide open receivers on several plays. He is not a good quarterback. I don't even have faith we will beat Cleveland at this rate.
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:19 PM   #37
LayingTheWoodley56
Starter

Member Number: 19023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkindness View Post
"Waaaaaaaa........without the punt return we win....."

I thought Excuses were tools of the incompetent.

It's a game of inches. Ravens got what they needed and beat the Steelers. Ravens have injuries just as serious as yours.

Get over it. Your season is over. 3 losses in a row to Ravens. You will your next two games to seal the deal.

Ravens are a superior team. Steelers are on the backslide now.
Fuck you you fucking internet troll. You guys were pathetic tonight, our D shoved it up your asses over and over and the sole reason you won the game is because Ben was out. I hope to God we can see your ***** bitch asses again in the playoffs because you're team sucks and your a pathetic loser for taking the time to go on a Steeler message board to talk shit. Now go kiss your mom goodnight and go back to your basement to go to sleep assclown.
LayingTheWoodley56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LayingTheWoodley56 For This Useful Post:
stb_steeler (11-18-2012)
Old 11-18-2012, 11:19 PM   #38
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 10,112 Times in 4,292 Posts

So, you're seriously on here talking shit after beating a team by 3 points with a second string quarterback? We're not making excuses - the Ravens won and are 8-2 and they'll go into M&T and play a better game. But if you're nieve and ignorant enough to say that the Ravens are just as banged up as the Steelers, it shows to me that you really are a Ravens fan.

I'd love to see Tyrod Taylor come in for Flacco and beat Roethlisberger. I know all I'd hear from you is the fact you didn't have Flacco in the game and how it would've been different if he were. Flacco looked like absolute shit and proved once again - on national television - why he isn't even a top 10 quarterback. Get off our boards, you look like a clown.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:20 PM   #39
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562

All I can say is this. As a Ravens fan, I am watching the game scratching my head going ... wait, Charlie Batch is on the bench??? Um ... yeah.

I don't go in for the woulda-shoulda-coulda thing, I don't think it is quite accurate to just declare "we'd have won with Ben" because it is just a different game then and chances are the Ravens are more aggressive and you never know how things turn out. But, as much as I think Tomlin is a great coach, I don't think his decision to leave Batch on the bench gave your team their best chance to win. I've seen enough of Batch to know he can make this offense work - he's not Ben, but he ain't bad. Not a good decision IMHO.
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:22 PM   #40
Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala
Water Boy

Member Number: 24488

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post

There's nothing wrong with Wallace's attitude - he wasn't targeted all game. In fact, when he was, it resulted in a 40+ yard penalty because they couldn't run with him. Despite the success on the first play of the game they never went back to him on the deep ball. Instead, they insisted on short throws which Leftwich couldn't hit. The run game was ineffective early on and ended up being the bane of this offense. The lack of a run game threw play action out the window and the offense became one-dimensional.
Problem with this. You even referenced it in your post. And you saw when Leftwich put all he had into the throw to Gilreath towards the end...he couldn't throw the thing more than 30 yards. With every shot he took his arm strength plummeted. And If you can't hit the intermediate throws, you can't win ballgames. Byron was pathetic. I don't care who you are, you can't punt the ball 6 times in a row and expect to win.

Batch is better suited to run Haley's offense. Short throws, getting the ball out fast. That's what Charlie is decent at. Batch sucks, but we need to play to our strengths.
Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala is offline   Reply With Quote