Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-18-2012, 11:23 PM   #41
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495
Default Re: OFFICIAL baltimore gamegoat thread. Vent away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Tomlin.

Should have pulled Leftwhich. The guy was obviously in pain and it only got worse after that sack that not one person on the Steelers offense saw coming. Batch should have been in at the end. Couldn't have been any worse.
This. This game was within reach with Batch playing imo. This was the biggest game of the year. You have to beat the Ravens at home. Tomlin did not give his team a chance by playing a badly injured Leftwich. I can't fault Leftwich. Lefty did the right thing by hanging in there and not quitting and I admire his determination.

Clark should not have been playing either. Clark has had 2 concussions in 3 weeks. Another concussion could end his season or even his career. It was grossly irresponsible to let Clark play when Ben was injured and the game was a longshot anyways. Clark should be resting for when Ben comes back and the Steelers actually have a chance to win games. It is going to be a tough road from here on out.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:24 PM   #42
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

goat? Sheez...i'm going to do this without even reading through the thread - i'll do that after i post something.

1. Haley - Christ...what was he doing tonight?? I don't even know where to start. Too many runs right up the middle. Too many passes to the sidelines (how many balls were caught OUT OF BOUNDS tonight because the plays were TOO close to the sidelines??). Too many screens. Too many long balls downfield instead of 8-yard type throws to just, for the love of god, get 1st downs.
Badly called game tonight - no question about it.

2. the entire special teams unit. Putrid. One week it's multiple penalties. The next is letting the other team run kickoffs back 35, 40 yards every time. Then they repeat this process. ST coach : you're gettin' fired in the offseason (just so you know).

Also, a couple of our "stars" didn't look so good. Wallace, again, played subpar and average. Mendenhall (who didn't look good anyway) made a stupid, extremely unintelligent move near the end of the game by not running out of bounds. He had a sea of nothing but green grass between himself and the sidelines and he....runs....to....the...middle....of....the....f ield. Are you kidding me????

Alot of "goatness" to throw around tonight. I'm not even sure where to start.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:25 PM   #43
ChristianKustomz
Starter

Member Number: 24383

Pleeeeease...Sandwich faked that injury as an excuse for his Mediocre playing.
ChristianKustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:25 PM   #44
TRH
Living Legend

..and people, people, people. Ignore the troll.

Get back on topic.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:26 PM   #45
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860

I disagree, Lefty should've not been so dam selfish and pull himself!
Old 11-18-2012, 11:26 PM   #46
lardlad
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10897

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
This. This game was within reach with Batch playing imo. This was the biggest game of the year. You have to beat the Ravens at home. Tomlin did not give his team a chance by playing a badly injured Leftwich. I can't fault Leftwich. Lefty did the right thing by hanging in there and not quitting and I admire his determination.

Clark should not have been playing either. Clark has had 2 concussions in 3 weeks. Another concussion could end his season or even his career. It was grossly irresponsible to let Clark play when Ben was injured and the game was a longshot anyways. Clark should be resting for when Ben comes back and the Steelers actually have a chance to win games. It is going to be a tough road from here on out.
Have to agree. Lots of questions have to be raised on Tomlin keeping Lefty in the game. Clark as well. Clark looked ok, played pretty good, but yeah he could really get hurt.
lardlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:28 PM   #47
TRH
Living Legend

and no.....Batch wouldnt' have made a difference. He's certainly no better than Leftwich - in my book a good deal worse.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:28 PM   #48
pitt0wns
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15034

Our D played lights out!

Tomlin is a joke keeping Leftwich in there.

Leftwich could make a career in the MLB with his sinker ball.
pitt0wns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:29 PM   #49
lardlad
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10897

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
goat? Sheez...i'm going to do this without even reading through the thread - i'll do that after i post something.

1. Haley - Christ...what was he doing tonight?? I don't even know where to start. Too many runs right up the middle. Too many passes to the sidelines (how many balls were caught OUT OF BOUNDS tonight because the plays were TOO close to the sidelines??). Too many screens. Too many long balls downfield instead of 8-yard type throws to just, for the love of god, get 1st downs.
Badly called game tonight - no question about it.

2. the entire special teams unit. Putrid. One week it's multiple penalties. The next is letting the other team run kickoffs back 35, 40 yards every time. Then they repeat this process. ST coach : you're gettin' fired in the offseason (just so you know).

Also, a couple of our "stars" didn't look so good. Wallace, again, played subpar and average. Mendenhall (who didn't look good anyway) made a stupid, extremely unintelligent move near the end of the game by not running out of bounds. He had a sea of nothing but green grass between himself and the sidelines and he....runs....to....the...middle....of....the....f ield. Are you kidding me????

Alot of "goatness" to throw around tonight. I'm not even sure where to start.
Yeah I was screaming get out of bounds. Total brain fart for Mendy.

Mendy should be worried about his job. I think Dwyer was the best runner again. #1 pick, should be doing way better than he is.
lardlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:31 PM   #50
Terminator
Team Captain

Member Number: 24492

Mendenhall had 1 good year, and that was the year Willie Parker got injured. He should in no way, shape, or form be our starting running back. Dwyer has been the best bet. He had one bad snap against Oakland and fumbled, and a mediocre game against KC. Everything else has been great.
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote