Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-19-2012, 12:57 AM   #81
dez09231
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11142
Default Re: OFFICIAL baltimore gamegoat thread. Vent away!

Did anyone really expect to win without Ben/Brown? I didn't. We'll beat Cleveland and lose to Baltimore in Baltimore.

We were destined to be a 10-6/11-5 5th/6th seed the second Ben left the stadium on Monday.
dez09231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:00 AM   #82
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,624 Times in 813 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dez09231 View Post
Did anyone really expect to win without Ben/Brown? I didn't. We'll beat Cleveland and lose to Baltimore in Baltimore.

We were destined to be a 10-6/11-5 5th/6th seed the second Ben left the stadium on Monday.
I didnt expect a win. funny thing is I didnt expect that crappy pick play to Wallace on 3rd and 2 on the 5 yard line. If we score a TD instead of a FG, it would have been an amazing win.

Where was Heath Miller in the gameplan?
Old 11-19-2012, 01:09 AM   #83
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Where was Heath Miller in the gameplan?
The gameplan became was to help Mike Adams all night because Adams clearly couldn't handle himself tonight.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:11 AM   #84
steve314
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15690

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
In all fairness, without the punt return we win! Keep your head up!
You really think the rest of the game would've been EXACTLY the same without the punt return? BAL would've called the same plays in the 4th quarter if they were losing vs what they called when they were winning? Really? For all we know, the Steeler D gives up the losing score at the end of the game like they did last year.
steve314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:12 AM   #85
Pentheon
Team Captain

Member Number: 7606

Im not mad at anything really, we played as well against the ravens as we could with who we had. We didn't have great field position to start a drive all night, special teams killed us like it usually does and we couldn't get pressure too much or force a turnover. Defense played great though other than that.

I'm just a little upset with how wallace has been playing, not even mad at the fumble earlier in the game. Just the fact that he doesn't seem to be on the same level of work ethic as brown or sanders. Its like last year he had a first great half of the season then just seemed to let up. Hes not gonna get a contract from anyone if he keeps doing that, just play hard and help the team win games.
Pentheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:58 AM   #86
jiminpa
Starter

Member Number: 20511

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
The gameplan became was to help Mike Adams all night because Adams clearly couldn't handle himself tonight.
...or any night, or day. He is outmatched every game. Hopefully, it is just that he isn't ready.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:46 AM   #87
Darthslayrr
Water Boy

Member Number: 20844

They should have let Dwyer run it at the goal line. The defense gave up 3 points in the game, the other 10 were handed to them. Bad play calling, more Wallace drops, and the offense looking lost at crucial times is what made them lose, and by the way, the great play of the special teams, that first coach must have been horrible to be fired before the regular season. Special teams cost us every game.
Darthslayrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:30 AM   #88
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

I thought the Wallace fumble did more than cost us 3 points. It seemed to end any semblance of offensive rhythm we had. It was a third down and early in the game (second or third series) I think if that fumble doesn't happen the offense may have had a different outcome. Wallace seems to making one really big mistake every game.
Lefty was clearly hurt and TBH should have been replaced by Charlie.
I however am going to look at some positives, Lewis and the rest of the D was outstanding, Dwyer is continuing to show himself as a very dependable RB. I can actually see him rushing for 1000 yards next season, we need to get him signed long term.
Another thing I take from this loss is how much Antonio Brown means to this team. We saw last week against KC and again this week. He may just be almost as valuable to our team as Ben.
Let's not all press the panic button yet, with the way this defense is laying , we get Ben and Antonio back we will be in the hunt for the super bowl.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rick5895 For This Useful Post:
tony hipchest (11-19-2012)
Old 11-19-2012, 05:30 AM   #89
Rowland2110
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala View Post
I need to throw some venting towards Polamalu. I can think of a lot better ways to spend $7 million than to have it wasted on a guy standing on the sidelines. He's played 5 quarters this season and it's starting to piss me off. I know guys get hurt, but what's his deal? Does it take three months for a calf strain to heal?

We could have used one of his signature big plays tonight, but instead he's coaching. Dude just can't stay on the field. I love Troy to death, but we need him out there in games like this.
Troy has been suspect in my mind since the injury happened. Im questioning his character.
Rowland2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:00 AM   #90
beer72
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Tomlin.

Should have pulled Leftwhich. The guy was obviously in pain and it only got worse after that sack that not one person on the Steelers offense saw coming. Batch should have been in at the end. Couldn't have been any worse.
Great Awesome post!!!!
beer72 is offline   Reply With Quote