Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #41
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: Ravens fan here just want to say a few things

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
It's one thing to try and legitimize Flaccid, but to call him the toughest QB in the league...on a site of Roethlisberger fans no less...that just lost you all credibility.

I agree. I'm not a Flacco "hater" as some are - of the mid-level QB's, i think he's near the top of that list.
However, Flacco only plays good when he's NOT pressured. At all. When he's put under strong pressure and big pass rush, he flops - almost always.
So - even though i will vouch for him more than others will around here - there's one thing he is CLEARLY not - and thats tough - crystal....clear
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #42
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,147 Times in 476 Posts

There's no other QB in this league I'd RATHER face than Joe Flacco. I've said that for years and my mind hasn't changed an ounce.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #43
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,205 Times in 2,670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xSBChamps View Post
I grew-up in a time when 'em Stillers sucked (Colts were in Baltimore, Cardinals in St, Louis, Rams in Los Angeles, etc.), yet watched every road-game, and listended to every home game (pre 1973), with my dad, then discussed them for 6 days, until the next game

the last 6-8 years, I find myself watching less and less, and rarely thinking or discussing the recent games, because I don't recognize this as the game I loved

this year, winning or losing, I can't watch more than 2 quarters of an NFL game, Steelers included

good-job, Ms. Goodell

well i atleast hope being a member of this site helps retain a bit of that old love for the game. if nothing else, atleast you still have a place to bash ms. goodell in a public forum
Old 11-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #44
jsteleplayer
Water Boy

Member Number: 20466

Ravens fan here. Occasionally stop by and btw i have mad respect for your orginization. Just wanted to point out that while i agree qb is far and away the worst position to have your starter out, we were actually without lewis, webb, jimmy smith another corner, 2 defensive lineman who are key in spelling ngata, and ngata and suggs are definitely not healthy. And our best tight end went out in first quarter as did redman i believe. What i am trying to say is i honestly think the injury situation was pretty equal. Lets face it both teams lookd BAD! On another note i have always put flacco somewhere between 8 and 15 as far as best qbs in league and is definitely not as tough as ben. But he is who we got and he does ok for us. With rice, torrey and boldin and our defense (just not this year) its usually enough. One other thing Flacco is WAY better at home and we score almost exactly twice as many points at home. That being said see you guys in two weeks!
jsteleplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:45 PM   #45
JeromeBetties63
Starter

Member Number: 19049

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaeastcoast View Post
First off, before you guys bite my head off, I just want to say I RESPECT your team and the organization. Our teams are very much built the same way...

I've been reading a lot of articles and posts about how Joe sucks and people call him JOE FLUCKO...lets just go to last night, Joe was pretty on point for the most part but the WRs weren't on the same page, on a few passes Joe threw the ball in one spot and the guy was in a different spot. He ended the game with a 62% completion percentage. On another play that would have been a long TD pass Boldin stopped running late in his route on a ball that was catchable in the endzone. Torrey Smith does this it seems every game...its not that Joe Flacco sucks, its that all 11 guys have to be on the same page.

Joe is the man imo, he's probably the toughest QB in the league and he never misses a game, last year he outplayed Tom Brady, he threw the game winning TD but Lee Evans just didnt secure it and had it knocked out, then the kicker who shall not be named shanked it wide left and thats all she wrote. Some of you act like Joe is trash and will never lead us to the Superbowl when in fact he already has. Yes, I know we actually didnt make it but he led us there, he did everything needed to put us there...well other than throwing the pass running down the field and catching it himself. At times it felt like thats what he needed to do. Since Joe came on board this Ravens/Steelers rivalry has been much more even. I respect you guys and your team and it'd be nice if you'd respect our guys as well but I know how defeat feels and I cant blame you for being angry.

As far as the run game last night you guys blew us up, our OL is poor at run blocking and Rice hasnt been running like himself for whatever reason it wasnt just last night.

Let me remind you, YES we are not playing our best football right now..but neither were the GIants until late last year when they made it as a Wild Card and road that hot streak all the way to the Super bowl, the Packers did something simillar a few years ago too....so its not how you start, you dont want to peak in week 5, its how you finish...Id be perfectly fine struggling but pulling out wins and then hit on all cylinders come playoff time. They say Matt Ryan has ice in his veins but he melts under the pressure of the playoffs. Flacco has no pulse when big games come and there's no QB I'd rather have on my team.

I'm sure we'll be seeing you in the playoffs IF Ben gets healthy and I look forward to seeing you at the BANK in two weeks. Good luck

(sorry, i didnt mean to write a novel)

I respect a lot of players on your team. Joe has had some good games but, no he is not "the man." Was he even on the field last night? He put together one field goal drive, thats it and thats all. He is above average...thats about it. Your punter won that game.
What don't I respect about Ravens fans and even some Ravens players and your jackass coach? The only bigger punk in the NFL is the other Harbaugh. Their parents should be investigated.

1. They blame the refs for every single loss ever.
2. They actually, for real, no joke believe that the Steelers regularly get help from the officials and that there is some kind of NFL conspiracy to help the Steelers.
3. They actually, for real, no joke believe the refs have it in for the Ravens.
4. They think every hard hit by the Steelers is dirty and every hard hit by the Ravens is clean.
5. When they lose to the Steelers they say they were the better team but got ripped off.
6. They act like Steeler fans have no right to brag about their teams historic success.
7. They bitch and moan about Steeler fans not being from Pittsburgh...constantly.
8. They are the least objective fans in the NFL....by far.
9. They are schzophrenic - they throw their team under the bus after a bad loss, sometimes after a bad play....then act like a regular season victory is the Super Bowl and that they are the greatest team in history.
10. They act like the every Steeler accused of something is guilty and every Raven accused of something illegal is innocent and then never shut up about it.
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JeromeBetties63 For This Useful Post:
SoCalFan (11-19-2012)
Old 11-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #46
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562

Ravens fan here. I tend to agree with most of the Steelers fans here on the issue of whether a QB is more important than the other positions, to the point where you really can't compare the injury situations between the two teams. The Steelers were in worse shape coming into this game.

That said, I disagree with some of the Steelers fans that seem to think this was a slam-dunk win if Ben is playing healthy. A lot of decisions get made during the course of a game and you can't just sit back at the end and say "well, we'd have scored at least 4 more points and that is one more than the Ravens." It is probably true you'd have scored more, but as a consequence of the Steelers having more points on the board, the Ravens in turn would change their play calling and decision making. I think most informed posters probably recognize this but for the others I think it does merit a rebuttal. I think it was pretty clear the Ravens were playing things very close to the vest last night, playing a field position game, trying not to turn the ball over and hoping they could clamp down on D. Not pretty, not inspiring, not anything to write home about, but a reasoned approach for winning a tough road game against a team with their 2nd string QB.

Basically, for me this is one of those games where I try not to read anything into it as far as the respective balance of power between the teams goes, mainly because of the injury situation. Playing the Steelers without Ben doesn't tell you much. Just count your blessings you caught them at the right time and leave it at that.

In short - no, we didn't beat the "real Steelers" but hey - we didn't play them.
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:12 PM   #47
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,532 Times in 2,347 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteleplayer View Post
Ravens fan here. Occasionally stop by and btw i have mad respect for your orginization. Just wanted to point out that while i agree qb is far and away the worst position to have your starter out, we were actually without lewis, webb, jimmy smith another corner, 2 defensive lineman who are key in spelling ngata, and ngata and suggs are definitely not healthy. And our best tight end went out in first quarter as did redman i believe. What i am trying to say is i honestly think the injury situation was pretty equal. Lets face it both teams lookd BAD! On another note i have always put flacco somewhere between 8 and 15 as far as best qbs in league and is definitely not as tough as ben. But he is who we got and he does ok for us. With rice, torrey and boldin and our defense (just not this year) its usually enough. One other thing Flacco is WAY better at home and we score almost exactly twice as many points at home. That being said see you guys in two weeks!
I'm not making excuses about the outcome of the game, but if you think our injury situation was 'equal', you are delusional. We are without Ben, antonio brown, Troy, and if you want to count players who are 'not 100% yet', you can also add harrison and mendenhall to that list.

we both have our share of injuries, and the ravens injury situation is a bad one, but at least you have your top QB, RB, and WR. we have 1 out of 3 and he's coming off an achilles injury and ACL tear. Troy not playing decreases the amount of turnovers we typically get from our defense, and harrison's running at about 50%

Anyway, see you guys again in two weeks :)
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:54 AM   #48
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
atleast you still have a place to bash ms. goodell in a public forum
doing what I can

with what I got
4xSBChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:09 AM   #49
kent
Bench Warmer

Speed Racer Champion! Big Truck Adventures 3 Champion! Bejeweled Champion! Chain Reaction - Newgrounds Champion!
Member Number: 24510

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteleplayer View Post
Id say the Steelers have the more significant injuries pretty much just based off Ben not playing. Throw in Troy, antonio brown, gilbert, redman, decastro, and others playing hurt. Regardless though you cant blame injuries on a loss. Good game and see you in 2 weeks.
kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:48 AM   #50
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
That is so offing dumb. There was nothing "dirty" about that hit.

Seriously... WTF!?!
We can say the same about 100 hits called against the Steelers D-!!!