Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 11:51 AM   #61
BleedPurple
Starter
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 487
Member Number: 19142
Thanks: 7
Thanked 20 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Ravens fan here just want to say a few things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Not being biased here, but honestly, Flacco doesn't scare me whatsoever. Ray Rice. He scares the shit out of me, and we shut him down. With Ben in at QB, the outcome wouldn't have been the same, and you know it. John Skelton and Jake Locker are the only two on that last i'd rather face, purely because their names barely strike any familiarity.
It wouldn't have been the same, but that is not to say we still would not have won. The problem is, we will never know. Here is hoping Ben is back in two weeks for the game at the bank.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:55 AM   #62
BleedPurple
Starter
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 487
Member Number: 19142
Thanks: 7
Thanked 20 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Ravens fan here just want to say a few things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Not being biased here, but honestly, Flacco doesn't scare me whatsoever. Ray Rice. He scares the shit out of me, and we shut him down. With Ben in at QB, the outcome wouldn't have been the same, and you know it. John Skelton and Jake Locker are the only two on that last i'd rather face, purely because their names barely strike any familiarity.
Would you rather face a QB with 13 TDs and 7 ints or a qb with 6 TDs and 12 INTs on the season?
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #63
terpsnation
Water Boy
 
terpsnation's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 48
Member Number: 24505
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Ravens fan here just want to say a few things

One thing I have learned from lurking on these forums for a few years is that many (if not most) Steelers fans will never give Joe any credit.

Yes, he has his ups and downs, but who doesn't? Roethlisberger is a great quarterback, and I don't care saying that at all. Has be had off games? Damn right he has. Just look at his QBR per game from last year, it's as much of a rollercoaster as Joe's was.

In many Steelers fans' minds, what we saw on Sunday was Joe sucking. No need to mention that he was facing a dominant defense that is ranked first in the league - because naturally that has nothing to do with it at all.
terpsnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #64
JeromeBetties63
Starter
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 602
Member Number: 19049
Thanks: 322
Thanked 393 Times in 200 Posts
Default Re: Ravens fan here just want to say a few things

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
That is pretty good, I especially like the part where you don't realize steelers fans do the exact same thing *cough* Fire Arians *cough*--THAT was a fun season.

Also, where did I say Flacco was elite? Is being better than Jason Campbell the qualification for elite status? I listed 9 people who should absolutely not be starting QBs to answer Dino, who said he would rather face Flacco than ANYONE, which is a total joke.
Well, let's see, you made an attempt at dealing with one of my accurate statements about you and your purple buddies. Only thing is, we were right and Arians got fired. Plus, your idiots outnumber ours about 100 to 1 even though we have tens of thousands of more fans than you. My job took me from Pittsburgh to South Central PA where there are a bunch of Baltimore transplants. (They come to PA because its a better place to live, by their own admission) I have had numerous conversations with multiple Ravens fans....they actually do believe that the Steelers get better calls, that the refs are for the Steelers and against the Ravens. It is far and away the most ridiculous belief by the widest number of fans of a particular team in the NFL.
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #65
terpsnation
Water Boy
 
terpsnation's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 48
Member Number: 24505
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Ravens fan here just want to say a few things

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
Well, let's see, you made an attempt at dealing with one of my accurate statements about you and your purple buddies. Only thing is, we were right and Arians got fired. Plus, your idiots outnumber ours about 100 to 1 even though we have tens of thousands of more fans than you. My job took me from Pittsburgh to South Central PA where there are a bunch of Baltimore transplants. (They come to PA because its a better place to live, by their own admission) I have had numerous conversations with multiple Ravens fans....they actually do believe that the Steelers get better calls, that the refs are for the Steelers and against the Ravens. It is far and away the most ridiculous belief by the widest number of fans of a particular team in the NFL.
Dude, one of the top threads in the NFL Football section of SteelersFever is ravens being handed another win by the refs.

We all have fans that blame everything on the refs. I see it here a bunch. I see it on every forum a bunch. I don't see it on the Ravens boards anymore than I do elsewhere.
terpsnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:33 PM   #66
JeromeBetties63
Starter
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 602
Member Number: 19049
Thanks: 322
Thanked 393 Times in 200 Posts
Default Re: Ravens fan here just want to say a few things

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpsnation View Post
Dude, one of the top threads in the NFL Football section of SteelersFever is ravens being handed another win by the refs.

We all have fans that blame everything on the refs. I see it here a bunch. I see it on every forum a bunch. I don't see it on the Ravens boards anymore than I do elsewhere.
Wrong. Raven fans win one championship every single season. The Blame the Refs title. Your coach feeds it...he blames refs.
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:35 PM   #67
steelbelieve
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 69
Member Number: 21191
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Ravens fan here just want to say a few things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
The AFC is wide open this year. The Ravens are 8-2 and will more than likely win the North again, but whoever gets healthy and hot at the right time will win. This is looking more and more like one of those years. Right now, the Steelers just have to wait on Ben to return.
Way, way too early to predict that.
steelbelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #68
terpsnation
Water Boy
 
terpsnation's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 48
Member Number: 24505
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Ravens fan here just want to say a few things

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
Wrong. Raven fans win one championship every single season. The Blame the Refs title. Your coach feeds it...he blames refs.
Oh right, you're talking about Harbaugh's comments about the referees after the Patriots game? Which we won.

Just like Mike Tomlin's comments after the Giants game this year I suppose.
terpsnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #69
JeromeBetties63
Starter
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 602
Member Number: 19049
Thanks: 322
Thanked 393 Times in 200 Posts
Default Re: Ravens fan here just want to say a few things

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpsnation View Post
Oh right, you're talking about Harbaugh's comments about the referees after the Patriots game? Which we won.

Just like Mike Tomlin's comments after the Giants game this year I suppose.
I'm talking about several times a year every year by Harbaugh as opposed to a couple times by Tomlin. It's a habit with Harbaugh and that mentality rubs off....fans especially pick it up and run with it. BTW I went and looked at the "one of the biggest threads is refs hand Ravens another game." The post is 3 weeks old, it has 17 comments, several are from Ravens fans and its not even about a Steeler vs. Ravens game...its about the Browns game. So, wrong again. Plus, every fan base complains about refs, but Ravens fans actually believe in a conspiracy (cue the twilight zone music)...actually, that game, the Brownies did get several crap calls against them.....0.2 % of RAvens fans acknowledge this.
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #70
terpsnation
Water Boy
 
terpsnation's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 48
Member Number: 24505
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Ravens fan here just want to say a few things

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
I'm talking about several times a year every year by Harbaugh as opposed to a couple times by Tomlin. It's a habit with Harbaugh and that mentality rubs off....fans especially pick it up and run with it. BTW I went and looked at the "one of the biggest threads is refs hand Ravens another game." The post is 3 weeks old, it has 17 comments, several are from Ravens fans and its not even about a Steeler vs. Ravens game...its about the Browns game. So, wrong again. Plus, every fan base complains about refs, but Ravens fans actually believe in a conspiracy (cue the twilight zone music)...actually, that game, the Brownies did get several crap calls against them.....0.2 % of RAvens fans acknowledge this.
Give me a call when you have some facts to back up the nonsense spewing out of your mouth.

Also, may want to take a look at what I said about the thread in the NFL Football section. Top != Biggest.

And it's even more comical that you are arguing that Ravens complain about the refs more than anyone else, yet you just complained about the refs calling "crap calls" against the Browns.
terpsnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts