Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #71
BleedPurple
Starter
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 487
Member Number: 19142
Thanks: 7
Thanked 20 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Ravens fan here just want to say a few things

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
I'm talking about several times a year every year by Harbaugh as opposed to a couple times by Tomlin. It's a habit with Harbaugh and that mentality rubs off....fans especially pick it up and run with it. BTW I went and looked at the "one of the biggest threads is refs hand Ravens another game." The post is 3 weeks old, it has 17 comments, several are from Ravens fans and its not even about a Steeler vs. Ravens game...its about the Browns game. So, wrong again. Plus, every fan base complains about refs, but Ravens fans actually believe in a conspiracy (cue the twilight zone music)...actually, that game, the Brownies did get several crap calls against them.....0.2 % of RAvens fans acknowledge this.
Is any of this moronic rant backed by anything other than your perception? You have avoided addressing an article and a thread that basically make your argument look stupid. 0.2% is a fancy number, which hole did you yank that out of?
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #72
JeromeBetties63
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 796
Member Number: 19049
Thanks: 444
Thanked 545 Times in 287 Posts
Default Re: Ravens fan here just want to say a few things

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpsnation View Post
Give me a call when you have some facts to back up the nonsense spewing out of your mouth.

Also, may want to take a look at what I said about the thread in the NFL Football section. Top != Biggest.

And it's even more comical that you are arguing that Ravens complain about the refs more than anyone else, yet you just complained about the refs calling "crap calls" against the Browns.
That thread is neither the top nor the biggest...what are you talking about? The thread is 3 weeks old and barely got any comments.

No, it isn't comical, try to understand the english and nuance. There are bad calls, every fan base complains about them I ALREADY SAID THAT...the browns did get crap calls that game (do you disagree? come, on are you one of the 0.2% of objective Ravens fans?) What you don't seem to understand is that its only you and your cronies who think there is an actually pattern of calls for the Steelers and against the Ravens...again, as I said every fan base has some idiots...but this blame the refs thing is a Raven staple....if this is over your head...then just dont respond to the post...
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #73
BleedPurple
Starter
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 487
Member Number: 19142
Thanks: 7
Thanked 20 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Ravens fan here just want to say a few things

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
That thread is neither the top nor the biggest...what are you talking about? The thread is 3 weeks old and barely got any comments.

No, it isn't comical, try to understand the english and nuance. There are bad calls, every fan base complains about them I ALREADY SAID THAT...the browns did get crap calls that game (do you disagree? come, on are you one of the 0.2% of objective Ravens fans?) What you don't seem to understand is that its only you and your cronies who think there is an actually pattern of calls for the Steelers and against the Ravens...again, as I said every fan base has some idiots...but this blame the refs thing is a Raven staple....if this is over your head...then just dont respond to the post...
No one, and I mean no one, thinks there is a Steelers > Ravens conspiracy. If there is, they aren't doing a very good job as we have won our last three meetings. What you are saying doesn't make any sense, and you have nothing to back up what you are saying, because it is all just pulled out of the air.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:27 PM   #74
JeromeBetties63
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 796
Member Number: 19049
Thanks: 444
Thanked 545 Times in 287 Posts
Default Re: Ravens fan here just want to say a few things

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
Is any of this moronic rant backed by anything other than your perception? You have avoided addressing an article and a thread that basically make your argument look stupid. 0.2% is a fancy number, which hole did you yank that out of?
Yes, facts. It only seems moronic to you because it's above your pay grade.
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:32 PM   #75
terpsnation
Draft Prospect
 
terpsnation's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 60
Member Number: 24505
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: Ravens fan here just want to say a few things

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
That thread is neither the top nor the biggest...what are you talking about? The thread is 3 weeks old and barely got any comments.

No, it isn't comical, try to understand the english and nuance. There are bad calls, every fan base complains about them I ALREADY SAID THAT...the browns did get crap calls that game (do you disagree? come, on are you one of the 0.2% of objective Ravens fans?) What you don't seem to understand is that its only you and your cronies who think there is an actually pattern of calls for the Steelers and against the Ravens...again, as I said every fan base has some idiots...but this blame the refs thing is a Raven staple....if this is over your head...then just dont respond to the post...
The thread is 8th from the top in that section of the forum. There are two other threads that I found doing a quick search here and here. I don't have the time, nor the patience, to scroll through your gameday threads to see all of the complaining about the refs. But I have been in your gameday threads during quite a few of your losses, and can say that the complaints about the refs are definitely not far and few between.

Also, what exactly is over my head? The fact that you post stuff about how "98.8%" if Ravens fans blame the refs for losses, yet you can't back up anything that you are saying by providing some proof? Or that you talk about the Ravens fans complaining about the refs, but then do it yourself?

I haven't said anywhere that in Steelers vs Ravens games that the refs are biased towards the Steelers. I haven't said anywhere that I believe the refs favor any other team over the Ravens.

All you are doing is pulling bullshit numbers out of your ass to try and justify something that simply isn't true.
terpsnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:32 PM   #76
BleedPurple
Starter
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 487
Member Number: 19142
Thanks: 7
Thanked 20 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Ravens fan here just want to say a few things

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
Yes, facts. It only seems moronic to you because it's above your pay grade.
Nice rhetoric--totally stupid and out of context and not relevant to the discussion at all, but hey, you have to say something right?!
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:38 PM   #77
SoCalFan
Head Coach
 
SoCalFan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sunny Southern Cali...
Posts: 1,742
Gender: Male
Member Number: 14860
Thanks: 251
Thanked 316 Times in 167 Posts
Default Re: Ravens fan here just want to say a few things

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
Nice rhetoric--totally stupid and out of context and not relevant to the discussion at all, but hey, you have to say something right?!
Ok Prince, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get a life! Come back and rant all you want in a few weeks! Go back to your own forum and discuss that cocky ball licking coach, or reeds (BS) suspension or better yet, your shell of its former self D without your "GOD" ray punk bitch lewis!!! BYE
__________________
SoCalFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #78
JeromeBetties63
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 796
Member Number: 19049
Thanks: 444
Thanked 545 Times in 287 Posts
Default Re: Ravens fan here just want to say a few things

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpsnation View Post
The thread is 8th from the top in that section of the forum. There are two other threads that I found doing a quick search here and here. I don't have the time, nor the patience, to scroll through your gameday threads to see all of the complaining about the refs. But I have been in your gameday threads during quite a few of your losses, and can say that the complaints about the refs are definitely not far and few between.

Also, what exactly is over my head? The fact that you post stuff about how "98.8%" if Ravens fans blame the refs for losses, yet you can't back up anything that you are saying by providing some proof? Or that you talk about the Ravens fans complaining about the refs, but then do it yourself?

I haven't said anywhere that in Steelers vs Ravens games that the refs are biased towards the Steelers. I haven't said anywhere that I believe the refs favor any other team over the Ravens.

All you are doing is pulling bullshit numbers out of your ass to try and justify something that simply isn't true.
Nope, I have been having this conversation on the Ravens forum for 2 years....that place is filled with true believers in the conspiracy theory. As are the Ravens fans at my job and in my community. Some of them are very good friends of mine..but they believe in the grassy knoll, area 51 and an NFL conspiracy for the Steelers and against the Ravens...the number as a rhetorical device (look it up), if I were to try to put a legit number on the ravens fans I personally encounter who believe in some sort of Steeler bias I would put it at over 50%.
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #79
terpsnation
Draft Prospect
 
terpsnation's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 60
Member Number: 24505
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: Ravens fan here just want to say a few things

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
Nope, I have been having this conversation on the Ravens forum for 2 years....that place is filled with true believers in the conspiracy theory. As are the Ravens fans at my job and in my community. Some of them are very good friends of mine..but they believe in the grassy knoll, area 51 and an NFL conspiracy for the Steelers and against the Ravens...the number as a rhetorical device (look it up), if I were to try to put a legit number on the ravens fans I personally encounter who believe in some sort of Steeler bias I would put it at over 50%.
Pulling a number out of your ass is not a rhetorical device. I think you may want to look it up, because you're making yourself look even more like a fool.

I'm sorry that so many of your friends are idiots. There is no conspiracy. Some people believe it in, and I am sure that there are as many Steelers fans as there are Ravens fans that believe that the refs are biased towards their opponent. They are all wrong.

But what's stupid is you sitting around here trying to subscribe a massive portion of the Ravens fanbase to something that only a few believe in. It's makes absolutely no sense, and your repeated lack of proof only continues to show that you have no grounds for your belief.
terpsnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #80
Nevermore
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 199
Member Number: 14524
Thanks: 1
Thanked 36 Times in 13 Posts
Default Re: Ravens fan here just want to say a few things

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
if I were to try to put a legit number on the ravens fans I personally encounter who believe in some sort of Steeler bias I would put it at over 50%.
And if I were to try to put a legit number on the number of Steelers fans encountered here on this board that believe in some sort of Patriots or Goodell against the Steelers bias, I would put it at over 50%. What's your point? Fans think they are getting a raw deal when they lose and never realize the other side when they win. Take the Seattle / Pittsburgh superbowl... Take the Ravens win last year when this whole board was ranting about Torrey pushing off for the TD. It's not a Ravens thing, its a fan thing. You're going to honestly tell me you don't have the same biases for your team?

It's part of sports. Do I honestly think there is a zebra bias for Pittsburgh? No. Am I gonna scream at the TV when a close call goes their way? Absolutely. And in that rage I'll likely say "damn Steelers ALWAYS get the calls!!" Just like you all say Brady ALWAYS gets the calls, or Goodell HATES Harrison personally and is out to fine or suspend only him. Looks like that's not the case since now Reed is sitting on the bench for a game too.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nevermore For This Useful Post:
CTSxViper (11-20-2012)
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts