Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2006, 04:38 PM   #21
j-dawg
Team Captain
 
j-dawg's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: los angeles
Posts: 789
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2228
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Mid-Air Terror Plot Thwarted

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder
Police Eye Money Trail in Airliner Plot
By JENNIFER QUINN and PAUL HAVEN, Associated Press Writers

This also goes out to all you guys defending the Times right to publish the story about following the money trails of the terroists maybe just some things are left unsaid!
hey man watch this and than talk to me about leaving things "unsaid".
http://www.crooksandliars.com/posts/...t-nyt-bashers/
__________________
j-dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 05:30 PM   #22
Stillers#1
Banned
 
Stillers#1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Living in Spokane, WA because fo the Air Force.
Posts: 1,178
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1082
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Mid-Air Terror Plot Thwarted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
You see how you said I was English?

That kinda precludes me from being a 'far left frenchman' doesn't it?

Your racist, laughably stereotypical views do you a great dis-service.

NM
You're a limey? I knew there was something I liked about you. I go through Engladn on every deployment, yinz can drink. I love me some Caffrey's.

I'm glad thisplot was foiled though, if it wasn't I wouldn't have been able to come home this week and go tailgating next weekend at the Vikes game.
Stillers#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 06:26 PM   #23
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Mid-Air Terror Plot Thwarted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillers#1
You're a limey? I knew there was something I liked about you. I go through Engladn on every deployment, yinz can drink. I love me some Caffrey's.

I'm glad thisplot was foiled though, if it wasn't I wouldn't have been able to come home this week and go tailgating next weekend at the Vikes game.
Hey Stillers#1,

I bet you thought it was my favorte football team that endeared me to you, right?

We do like a drink over here thats true - its not a proper drink if it isn't a binge drink - thats our motto on these shores.

Caffreys is tasty enough - haven't got the stamina (or the stomach capacity) to handle a full night on the stuff though!

Where abouts do you stop over in the England when you are here, and how long for?

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 02:10 AM   #24
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Mid-Air Terror Plot Thwarted

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-dawg
hey man watch this and than talk to me about leaving things "unsaid".
http://www.crooksandliars.com/posts/...t-nyt-bashers/
Hey j-dawg,

Hell of a post.

I dont know which is more scary - that the government is constantly trying to infringe upon the right of the media or the fact that people are willing to swallow what the government says without the tiniest amount of research.

I have mentioned several times that the Government (of pretty much any country) will do whatever it takes in order to stay in power.

The US government has gone one stage further (surely to be closely followed by the UK) by generating an atmosphere of distrust, paranoia and outright panic amongst the general population.

Everybody is so busy looking for the boogeyman that they are signing away one civil right after another - its worth the sacrafice they say.

The media certainly is far from perfect, but if the Republicans succeed in passing a bill that prevents the writing of stories about what the government is upto then we are on a slippery slope all the way back to 1984.

Its not just the media that is the target of delirious 'anti-patriotic' rhetoric from this government, but also the citizens of the US - they are routinely encouraged to turn against each other - those who question the motivations and the tactics of the administration are labelled as non patriots, or anti-american.

Mccarthy would be proud of what Bush and his cronies are trying to achieve.

A society that has lost or forfeited the ability to debate and question what is happening around them is a society that is at the absolute mercy of its government.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 03:37 AM   #25
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,474
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 969
Thanked 4,307 Times in 1,829 Posts
Default Re: Mid-Air Terror Plot Thwarted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
You see how you said I was English?

That kinda precludes me from being a 'far left frenchman' doesn't it?

Your racist, laughably stereotypical views do you a great dis-service.

NM
racist??? please bring up the post where i came off as a racist. is being anti islamic extremist considered a racist in the uk??? as far as i know terrorist are not a race. i'm well aware you claim to be english, and maybe you are ... but this is the internet, so who really know's for sure. all i know is your anti U.S. point of views mirrors that of the french government ,not the uk. your completely entitled to your own opinion just as anyone else in the free world is,but keep in mind why your allowed to voice those opinons. were people under saddams regime allowed to publicly voice their opinion?as far as stereotypical views go, did you not just stereo type me as a racist? and again i ask you what you based your opinion on, or show some facts to support your claim. otherwise i'll just consider your personal attack as an attempt too deflect the attention from yourself. i'm not going to pretend i know what goes on in the average englishmen's head, all i have to go on is the actions and words of your government which i see in the news. the only thing i know of you is what i read here in this forum. based on what i read from you ,and from what i read or hear from the uk government{ pro U.S. ),and from the french government ( anti U.S.), your views are more of the french than the english.
__________________
“If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” ― James Madison

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 04:06 AM   #26
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Mid-Air Terror Plot Thwarted

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
racist??? please bring up the post where i came off as a racist. is being anti islamic extremist considered a racist in the uk??? as far as i know terrorist are not a race. i'm well aware you claim to be english, and maybe you are ... but this is the internet, so who really know's for sure. all i know is your anti U.S. point of views mirrors that of the french government ,not the uk. your completely entitled to your own opinion just as anyone else in the free world is,but keep in mind why your allowed to voice those opinons. were people under saddams regime allowed to publicly voice their opinion?as far as stereotypical views go, did you not just stereo type me as a racist? and again i ask you what you based your opinion on, or show some facts to support your claim. otherwise i'll just consider your personal attack as an attempt too deflect the attention from yourself. i'm not going to pretend i know what goes on in the average englishmen's head, all i have to go on is the actions and words of your government which i see in the news. the only thing i know of you is what i read here in this forum. based on what i read from you ,and from what i read or hear from the uk government{ pro U.S. ),and from the french government ( anti U.S.), your views are more of the french than the english.
Wow.

you dont get it at all do you?

I rightly labelled you a bigotted racist because of your contradictory comment about me being more a left wing Frenchman.

You see, what you are doing there is grouping all frenchmen as non-patriotic left wingers - thats what we call 'stereotyping'.

How many frenchmen do you know outside of the opinions offered on this forum?

Not many I would guess.

Like all bigots your problem is rooted in ignorance - you dont know any Frenchmen so how would you know what one acted like?

And even if you did, all French men do not act the same - and they dont ride bicycles with stripey jumpers and onions round their neck either...in case you were wondering.

The Uk governemnt, and by that I presume you mean Bush's poodle Tony Blair PM, has the appearnce of being pro-US government - no matter what the topic - you can bet your last cent that Tony will be following Dubya's lead.

Maybe you need to learn the difference between how a government acts and the consensus of opinion of its civilian population.

Tony Blair does not represent the opinion of the majority of the British people.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 11:36 AM   #27
j-dawg
Team Captain
 
j-dawg's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: los angeles
Posts: 789
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2228
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Mid-Air Terror Plot Thwarted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Hey j-dawg,

Hell of a post.

I dont know which is more scary - that the government is constantly trying to infringe upon the right of the media or the fact that people are willing to swallow what the government says without the tiniest amount of research.

I have mentioned several times that the Government (of pretty much any country) will do whatever it takes in order to stay in power.

The US government has gone one stage further (surely to be closely followed by the UK) by generating an atmosphere of distrust, paranoia and outright panic amongst the general population.

Everybody is so busy looking for the boogeyman that they are signing away one civil right after another - its worth the sacrafice they say.

The media certainly is far from perfect, but if the Republicans succeed in passing a bill that prevents the writing of stories about what the government is upto then we are on a slippery slope all the way back to 1984.

Its not just the media that is the target of delirious 'anti-patriotic' rhetoric from this government, but also the citizens of the US - they are routinely encouraged to turn against each other - those who question the motivations and the tactics of the administration are labelled as non patriots, or anti-american.

Mccarthy would be proud of what Bush and his cronies are trying to achieve.

A society that has lost or forfeited the ability to debate and question what is happening around them is a society that is at the absolute mercy of its government.

NM
this country is polarized right now. many are feed up with failed policy but are completely behind the war on terror. i'm hoping that some common ground can be found here. my fear is that another terrorist attack will take place. i do not want that to happen. we've not gained any perspective from the past terrorist attack. 30% of americans don't even remember what year 9/11 took place!
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060809...RpBHNlYwM3NTc-

Our leadership has given no answers to some of the simplest questions. the 9/11 commission was inept in it's findings. a perfect example is who financed the 9/11 attacks, the money trail. the official 9/11 commission states this as being "of little practical significance." i find this disturbing. i find the fixing of intelligence to invade iraq disturbing.

how easy would it be to blame the americans who question this logic as "terrorist sympathizers" in the aftermath of another terrorist attack, if not already? how easy would it be to blame the people who don't agree that we should just "trust" our leadership as being non patriotic? this is something that certainly makes me wonder how informed are the people of this country, and, in the face of tyranny, how will we THE PEOPLE respond.
__________________
j-dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 03:55 PM   #28
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,474
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 969
Thanked 4,307 Times in 1,829 Posts
Default Re: Mid-Air Terror Plot Thwarted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Wow.

you dont get it at all do you?

I rightly labelled you a bigotted racist because of your contradictory comment about me being more a left wing Frenchman.

so is the left wing french now considered a race??? here all along I thought races were broken down into categories such as Caucasian,Asian,etc....I didn't realize that your country of residence is now your race....

You see, what you are doing there is grouping all Frenchmen as non-patriotic left wingers - thats what we call 'stereotyping'.

all i know is your anti U.S. point of views mirrors that of the french government ... as you'll notice i said french government.

How many Frenchmen do you know outside of the opinions offered on this forum?

Not many I would guess.

Like all bigots your problem is rooted in ignorance - you dont know any Frenchmen so how would you know what one acted like?

And even if you did, all French men do not act the same - and they dont ride bicycles with stripey jumpers and onions round their neck either...in case you were wondering.

The Uk governemnt, and by that I presume you mean Bush's poodle Tony Blair PM, has the appearnce of being pro-US government - no matter what the topic - you can bet your last cent that Tony will be following Dubya's lead.

Maybe you need to learn the difference between how a government acts and the consensus of opinion of its civilian population.

Tony Blair does not represent the opinion of the majority of the British people.

did you read this??

I'm not going to pretend I know what goes on in the average Englishmen's head, all I have to go on is the actions and words of your government which I see in the news. the only thing I know of you is what I read here in this forum. based on what I read from you ,and from what I read or hear from the UK government{ pro U.S. ),and from the french government ( anti U.S.), your views are more of the french than the English.
NM
the key word is "government" ... so please tell me again how I am a bigoted racist
__________________
“If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” ― James Madison

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson


Last edited by MasterOfPuppets; 08-13-2006 at 07:54 PM.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 04:04 PM   #29
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 40,723
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,440
Thanked 11,094 Times in 4,590 Posts
Default Re: Mid-Air Terror Plot Thwarted

the caucasians of france, england, and the u.s. (which make up the majority of the population) belong to the same race.

then again litp could be of chinese or pakistani descent for all we know.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 05:18 PM   #30
j-dawg
Team Captain
 
j-dawg's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: los angeles
Posts: 789
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2228
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Mid-Air Terror Plot Thwarted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
"First they came for the Arabs..."

The most pathetic thing about politicians is that if the partisan roles were reversed, the D's would be making the Republican arguments and the R's would be making the Democratic arguments.

agreed. why mess with a system that's working for both parties? to bad there's not a third party that actually has a moderate way of viewing such things....
__________________
j-dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts