Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 11-20-2012, 02:44 AM   #61
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,286 Times in 650 Posts
Default Re: Schefter just tweeted that Plaxico is on his way to Pittsburgh to meet with the t

Anything to keep that malcontent, half-ass, pre-madonna piece of shit away from any crucial play for him to screw up. 6 more games at least left and hopefully 9 or 10 left so I never have to see that peace of shit in a Steelers uniform. Bring Burress in, at least you will know with him he will play his butt off otherwise his career is over.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:56 AM   #62
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585
Default Re: Schefter just tweeted that Plaxico is on his way to Pittsburgh to meet with the t

If you're going to launch insults at players, please at least get them right. Pre-Madonna?

I believe the phrase you're searching for is "prima donna".
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:04 AM   #63
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 5,055 Times in 2,143 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
If you're going to launch insults at players, please at least get them right. Pre-Madonna?

I believe the phrase you're searching for is "prima donna".
What the hell is a "Pre-Madonna"? I'm assuming the Ice Age, if it means "Before-Maddona".

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:12 AM   #64
IowaSteeler927
The Corn Shucking Hippie
Supporter

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 3,778 Times in 1,709 Posts
My Mood: Tired

I'm all for him. At this point we need a red zone threat besides Heath Miller. At least Plax has shown he can do that. With minimal effort he could be better than Mike Wallace who seems to be putting the least amount of effort as possible out on the field. Not to mention Plax generally catches what is thrown at him. Mike Wallace seems to drop everything thrown at him lately. He makes Ike Taylor look like Larry Fitz.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:37 AM   #65
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

I'm finding it difficult to believe that we can get through numerous seasons shorthanded on an already in-over-its-head offensive line, never once hitting the panic button, but now we might have to get through one game (the fucking Browns, for christsake) and we're signing Plaxico? It's not like he has any chemistry with Batch or Lefty anyways, so what could possibly be the advantage? Come on... tough it out.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:51 AM   #66
IowaSteeler927
The Corn Shucking Hippie
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
I'm finding it difficult to believe that we can get through numerous seasons shorthanded on an already in-over-its-head offensive line, never once hitting the panic button, but now we might have to get through one game (the fucking Browns, for christsake) and we're signing Plaxico? It's not like he has any chemistry with Batch or Lefty anyways, so what could possibly be the advantage? Come on... tough it out.
Who's going to step up in Cotchery's place though? Cotchery has been a pretty good possession type receiver for us. I think Plaxico could fill that role. The weren't asking Cotchery to do too much, and they won't ask Plaxico to do too much either. He's a better option than the practice squad guys and David Gilreath at least in my opinion. I'm not normally a fan of his but I don't see how it could hurt to give him a chance.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:12 AM   #67
WVABE
Team Captain

3D Field Goal - Pro Champion! 3D Field Goal - All Pro Champion!
Member Number: 24111

My nightmare has come true.

Might as well bring back Holmes and Randel El (again) while were at it.

Use who we have, this tells me the coachs wern't ready for the season.
WVABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:59 AM   #68
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
Who's going to step up in Cotchery's place though? Cotchery has been a pretty good possession type receiver for us. I think Plaxico could fill that role. The weren't asking Cotchery to do too much, and they won't ask Plaxico to do too much either. He's a better option than the practice squad guys and David Gilreath at least in my opinion. I'm not normally a fan of his but I don't see how it could hurt to give him a chance.
For starters it could hurt because he's a 13-year veteran who's guaranteed minimum (even for half the year) is an immense hit on a cash-strapped team that almost certainly has not seen the last of its injuries. And he might not make a single catch. Gilreath might not make another catch this year, but he's a fraction of the cost.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:01 AM   #69
IowaSteeler927
The Corn Shucking Hippie
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
For starters it could hurt because he's a 13-year veteran who's guaranteed minimum (even for half the year) is an immense hit on a cash-strapped team that almost certainly has not seen the last of its injuries. And he might not make a single catch. Gilreath might not make another catch this year, but he's a fraction of the cost.
I guess I hadn't thought of it from the financial standpoint. I don't know. I guess I wouldn't be disappointed if we do end up with him and I won't be too hurt if we don't. Who knows maybe Gilreath would light it up.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:15 AM   #70
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

hahaha ..lookit all the panty-twisters getting hysterical because the Steelers might actually make a roster move not involving scrubs

Bring back the fade to the back corner pass....we just need a non-smurf WR to catch the ball in the EZ

and no, Limas Sweed is not an option

......that's what I say
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote