Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-21-2012, 05:29 PM   #21
FrancoLambert
Team President

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,923 Times in 990 Posts
My Mood: Blah
Default Re: It is a simple arithmetic…stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
wasn't it Tomlin who fired our ST coach earlier this season and promoted our current one?
And he needs to keep looking for an upgrade this coming offseason.
We've been hurt badly at special teams for many years....most of us agree on that.
As for his game and clock management......he could improve on that......hopefully his film breakdown includes a look at coaching decisions.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:45 AM   #22
bornaSteelersfan
Starter
Supporter

The time out was the right call for a reason no one has even considered. Our secondary had been playing extremely well all night and nearly had more than one interception. The idea was to lure Flacco into throwing the ball on that 3rd down and having a very good chance of an interception. Either way, we have the most possible time left if not for a stupid penalty. We had a better chance of a turnover or stop on 3rd down that way than letting them run it and possibly getting a 1st down.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #23
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornaSteelersfan View Post
The time out was the right call for a reason no one has even considered. Our secondary had been playing extremely well all night and nearly had more than one interception. The idea was to lure Flacco into throwing the ball on that 3rd down and having a very good chance of an interception. Either way, we have the most possible time left if not for a stupid penalty. We had a better chance of a turnover or stop on 3rd down that way than letting them run it and possibly getting a 1st down.

Very good chance of an interception?
We have a very good defense, but interceptors they are not.
We are next to last in INT's this year with 5. To think we were luring Flacco into an INT is ludicrous in that situation. The odds are 10-1 or better that a completion for a 1st down was more likely than an INT.
If that was Tomlin's grand plan (which I doubt it was), I'd be worried about our coach.
On 3rd and 7, I'd have loved to have seen them try to run for the 1st when Rice had 40 yards on 20 carries.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:35 AM   #24
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 View Post
I'm aware of that but it isn't necessarily correct to assume that would change anything. The Ravens wouldn't have gone in for an incomplete pass. Flacco would have likely been under orders not to throw unless it was a 99% sure deal. otherwise, he takes the sack, and the clock still runs. Mission accomplished either way. If you read the posted article, it even states that the sack Flacco took was likely deliberate for this very reason.
You're not understanding here. With 2:04 we gave them the chance to throw or run on either play instead of knowing what was likely coming. No way Flacco takes a sack like he did if the play started at 2:04. He either takes a shot or throws it away. A sack wouldn't have been in the gameplan.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:24 AM   #25
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,173 Times in 463 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_steeelrs View Post
I waited a couple of days to post the message just to make sure it is not out of my madness.

It is obvious that Tomlin is an incompetent in managing game clocks. It is a simple arithmetic…stupid.
Calling a timeout with 2 minutes and 4 seconds left, is flat out retarded act. If this call was made in the previous play or within the 2 minutes, he could have saved 40 seconds. This guys is paid millions of $$$ and yet proved that he does not even understand simple math like this. he needs to go back to college, I mean grade school
please dont confuse me with this guy
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:18 AM   #26
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VASTEELER View Post
please dont confuse me with this guy
Too late, I already did. Your screen name catches my eye since I live in Richmond.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #27
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
You're not understanding here. With 2:04 we gave them the chance to throw or run on either play instead of knowing what was likely coming. No way Flacco takes a sack like he did if the play started at 2:04. He either takes a shot or throws it away. A sack wouldn't have been in the gameplan.
No, I get it, but it doesn't matter anyway. Flacco was going to pass no matter what because it didn't matter. That's why when we ran that 3rd down two different times, on both sides of the 2 minute warning, he went for the pass both times. They had a 3rd and 2 and still went for the pass. It barely mattered at that point.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote